DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I missed The Limey on the list. Yeah, Ghost Dog is in great category (see whichever year I picked it for the movie club)
  3. Thanks a ton for this - truly looking forward to this data being twisted later on by bad actors. "Actually, UFC, NXT, Raw, and Smackdown are four different promotions so really AEW is #5 not #2 if you think about it"
  4. I haven't finished the show yet but here's some random stuff: Excalibur left out the best parts of the "Brody King broke his jaw wrestling" story. He broke a tooth wrestling and the dentist, when pulling it, didn't notice a small jaw fracture under the tooth. So when he pulled it, he broke Brody's jaw. His jaw wired shut, Brody took to pureeing steaks in a food processor to keep his protein up. Loved the Willow/Brody stuff. Someone should have yelled "you can't do that in Oklahoma!" Mercedes came out with a chair, ready to fight, and didn't do her signature pose or dancing. That made her presentation 12,000% better. Her promo was still somewhat forced and wooden but hey, baby steps. I loved Garcia's low effort clip art shirt. What ever happened to FTRcia? How much of Matt's commentary happened during picture in picture? Jericho and Hook is a battle of two guys whose theme music is on my gym playlist, which is weird. Who here knows the answer to where the quote at the start of Electric Head, Part 2 comes from without Googling? (I JUST SAID UP YOURS, BABY) The need to cover brand labels meant that Hook was eating duct tape brand chips Swerve's purple eyeshadow gets bigger every week.
  5. Hickman and Ribic Aliens vs Avengers https://ew.com/aliens-vs-avengers-marvel-comic-jonthan-hickman-preview-8635180
  6. I made this after Rampage the other week but forgot to post it
  7. I am absolutely the audience for this. I love it. I don't care.
  8. Sydal is also ready and willing to replace anyone in a face storyline (see his insertion into Top Flight)
  9. I am gonna put this here thought technically maybe belongs in Horror Trap Written and Directed by M. Night Shayamalan Josh Hartnett, Ariel Donoghue, Saleka Shyamalan, Hayley Mills and Allison Pill. Couple of things 1) Trailer seems to give away a lot... or at least wants you to think that it gives away a lot 2) Really comes across as M. Night just doing a movie to boost his daughter's singing career
  10. Daniels and Sydal were two of the first people out for the CMLL invasion so I think they're just canonically about that life.
  11. If WWE offered to pay for her rehab, would she have still said no, no, no? <bows>
  12. So Netflix is even giving bad stuff 5 seasons now?
  13. I love sports more than almost anything but even I'm past the breaking point with literally 75% of the ads for televised sporting event being fucking gambling. I'm doubly salty about this as a former Online Poker Enjoyer who watched the DOJ treat that like it was akin to a cocaine smuggling ring just 15 years ago, but now that the NFL and the MLB get their own pies, oh hey it's a miracle gambling is good now. Fuck you.
  14. Forbes article on the most valuable combat sports promotions in the world: https://www.forbes.com/sites/justinteitelbaum/2024/04/18/the-most-valuable-combat-sports-promotions-2024/ Anyone who thinks AEW is dying should probably read this.
  15. Netflix has announced that Season 5 will be the final season No you aren't confused - they are still working in production for Season 4 No time tables for anything were provided
  16. Today
  17. Because they're decent people. Excalibur even explained that on commentary. Honestly, given that it's Orange Cassidy, the real question is why the entire babyface locker room didn't empty to save him. Who wouldn't like that guy?
  18. Jimmy Butler tried to fight through injury, but his elbow is massively fucked right now. He's out at least 2-3 weeks. So... um..... how bout them Panthers?
  19. I agree. This was a good promo from Mone. And I thought the match between Mariah and Deonna was perfectly fine and I especially liked the post match action with Thunder coming in and taking out everyone while still getting a chance to further her issues with Deonna.
  20. If the conversation (pun not intended) regarding Gene Hackman last week is any indication, reclusive cat man Vince is going to be fodder for a lot of wild takes centered around aging. This goes especially since Vince looked rough in recent years.
  21. I’m a low voter on PAC and the Bucks (although been enjoying their recent heel work and shift in ring). I know it’s weird to complain about choreography and scripting in a choreographed, scripted “fight” but damn their in-ring work last night was so rote and “don’t look at the strings” stuff I’ve seen. Soft-ass forearm “strikes” done to, I don’t know, look like actual fighting to set up acrobatics that look fancy and have almost no meaningful impact? Openly walking to the location of the next spot with no concept of having a reason to be there other than it’s the next mark in the script? Awful stuff.
  22. I love how everyone's headshot is tough but Konami is ready to shoot the cover for her latest alternative album.
  23. I hate that I read this to the tune of "Caribbean Queen".
  24. It’s honestly one of the best things about AEW where their history matters even if it takes years to get a payoff. Sometimes it would be nice if those payoffs would come sooner because not everyone watching is going to have an encyclopedic knowledge or memory of AEW’s history. Also, earlier when someone posted that Jericho trademarked “Jericho Vortex” I thought it was a joke. And then he said it. Like…Jericho is smart for wrestling. The Jericho booking vortex isn’t a good thing. He should know this. And this Lionheart shit does nothing for me. I honestly miss Judas. I didn’t think the match was that good. To be honest, Deonna has kinda sucked in AEW. Part of me wonders if she works better in a smaller pond like TNA, similar to Brian Cage. And the Mone promo wasn’t bad, but this smoke and mirrors bullshit with her only talking is death by a thousand cuts. Look, if she can’t wrestle, then there was no reason to rush her debut. That is another unforced error in a litany of them for AEW. The toothpaste is out of the tube though, it’s just what they’re doing now with her talking every week isn’t working. The other thing that really, really, really sucks is that the dream was Mone and Britt and Britt’s back sounds beyond fucked up. Second place would be Mone and our queen and savior Jayme Hayter, but she’s also on the shelf with a fucked arm. In a perfect world, this would have worked so much better if Mone could have dueling promos with Britt or have some battles with Hayter. Instead we get…this. So I get Alvarez’s frustration. It’s also hard when you watch WWE and see similar things to be frustrated about there where you have the greatness of one or two particular women’s programs and the rest is just filler. How women’s wrestling turned into a thing where the top two promotions can only afford the bandwidth to have one to two good programs each when both promotions have hours of TV is kinda bullshit. I’m not expecting either to become Stardom lite, but damn, you can do more.
  25. Yes, it's being billed as "Winner Take All" and not "Unification" because Tony gets a tax write off for the more belts he has out there.
  1. Load more activity