DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sheamus/Drew is sort of like Sami/KO. It’s never a wrong answer. I think Drew might be a the peak of his powers more than any other wrestler in the game right now. I didn’t have a clue that his all around ceiling was this high.
  3. Today
  4. No lie detected. The Garden Roar is back.
  5. NJPW to fully acquire Bushiroad Fight https://www.njpw1972.com/175523 So basically, NJPW is "buying" Stardom.
  6. A list I quickly drew up, I have probably missing something very major. Vaguely in order - Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson 11/2/2024 - Kazuchika Okada vs Bryan Danielson 4/1/2024 - War Dogs vs United Empire Cage Match 11/2/2024 - Okada/Tanahashi/Ishii vs TMDK 24/1/2024 - Tetsuya Naito vs SANADA 4/1/2024 - Yota Tsuji vs Hirooki Goto 20/3/2024 - Jon Moxley vs Shingo Takagi 13/1/2024 - Gabe Kidd vs HENARE 4/2/2024 - Shota Umino vs Jack Perry 12/4/2024 - Hiromu Takahashi vs DOUKI 24/2/2024
  7. The 4/21 SEAdLINNNG main event is a good all-star tag match that some might like even more than I did. It was Best Friends & Sareee vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto, Hanako Nakamori & Miyuki Takase.
  8. From this: https://static1.moviewebimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/wolverine-deadpool-origins.jpg To this: https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/F0r6GbQacAUng-4-1.jpg?crop=748px%2C296px%2C2380px%2C1336px&resize=1000%2C563
  9. https://comicbookmovie.com/cdn-cgi/image/fit=cover,width=670,quality=75/https://i.ibb.co/h7tN3MM/DP3-1-SHT-DIGITAL-s-RGB-KA-SWORDS-V5.jpg https://comicbookmovie.com/cdn-cgi/image/fit=cover,width=670,quality=75/https://i.ibb.co/84xBBS8/DP3-1-SHT-INTL-DIGITAL-s-RGB-KA-BLADES-V2.jpg Posters.
  10. Always good to start with another classic Miami Sweet Heat promo seg. Coach Campanelli looks fantastic in her new gear, pretty much dominated Ariel in a quick opener. Surprised to see the Classmaster pull the upset on GI Jane, finish was sudden out of nowhere. Kandi Krush came off great in her backstage seg with Aussie. The Brat Pack is always a blast. the setup for Jessie Jones needing a partner vs Santana & Americana was weird, as though Amber O'Neal no longer existed. Really fun tag title main event as the Mother Truckers vs Miami Sweet Heat feud continues on. Holly getting launched shoulder first into the mat looked brutal. Laurie was an mvp here. Nice chaotic closing of the show.
  11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNh1KBRluC0
  12. "From banger after banger to burger after burger." Drew McIntyre is a savage.
  13. They're bringing New Blood back, on 06.21 https://wwr-stardom.com/schedule/20240621_nb13/?mc_id=1025
  14. So much effort to come up short.
  15. Pretty good episode of RAW tonight. Sheamus looked like he lost some weight between now and last week. Personally my problem with his return last week was those boxer type shorts he wore. They just weren't him. But the segment with Drew was pretty good. So was the match with Nakamura. It's a shame Shinske is now a jobber to the stars. Maybe he'll get drafted to back to Smackdown. I thought he fit in better there. The segment with Gable and the Alpha Academy was amazing. No more screwing around. I still have hope that Otis will be a killer for Gable, but the way the crowd cheered for him they could easily have Otis turn on Gable to a huge response. The women's battle royal was really good. I'm glad Nia didn't win. Sad that Liv didn't win either. I guess Becky gets a run as a thanks for not taking time off/resigning. But yeah a good episode
  16. I feel like there's a lot of hyperbole in people's reactions to this show. I'm not seeing how Danielson/Ospreay is anywhere near the best match ever or even either guy's best match this year. Ospreay/Takeshita did a lot more for me on first watch, as did Danielson/ZSJ in NJ. It was still very good, mind you, but pretty much any Ospreay formula match is gonna be good and Danielson is obviously gonna be game for keeping pace. Some big spots here, and the "Hidden Blade vs. Busaiku knee" was really cool. Danielson's retirement tour has kinda gone back and forth between performative bucket list type of work and actually building a good match through genuine struggle. This was definitely all the way on the performative side whereas his work with ZSJ with a story of trying to establish technical dominance or his quick and violent strap match with Starks are the matches that show why he's still one of the best. The Omega/Ospreay matches were rooted and character work playing off their career arcs (like Kawada/Misawa) underneath all the moves. Likewise, I'm not really sure how Hook/Jericho was the worst ever. Jericho's character right now is that he's a hanger-on despite having nothing to offer. The more this gets exposed, the more he throws tantrums calling back to his WCW heel turn. If anything, he's probably playing the character too well or perhaps just miscalculated leaning too much into what the AEW die-hards think about him. He's getting exactly the heat that he wants, whether that comes across well on TV or not is another story I guess. That said, the match wasn't good by any stretch, but it was far from AEW's worst this year (Billy/Jay is running away with that, and Dustin/Butcher was horrible too). Basically, both guys have limitations, and neither guy is at a stage of their career where they can compensate for the weaknesses of the other. Worst match on the show, sure, not much beyond that. The rest of the show was pretty good overall. KOR/Roddy was the sleeper match of the night. Swerve/Joe was a really well put together match too, where it felt like Swerve was going hard the whole time but really had to earn the win. I feel like no one's talking about Adam Cole is back bay bay. I think we're looking at Cole/Swerve at Double or Nothing with MJF negating Kingdom interference.
  17. The Priest/Jey segment was alright. I liked mostly for the nding and the general build towards a Judgement Day implosion its continuing. Awesome Truth vs. DIY was good. Curious to see where things go as the post match showed Ciampa overly frustrated with the loss. The Gunther promo was solid. As the New Day vs. Imperium match it led to. Not sure how I feel about the post match with poor Vinci getting beaten and ousted by Kaiser. Mostly I just think Vinci is the better wrestler of the team with Kaiser so I hope this doesn't mean he is gone from WWE though I also don't see him doing much on his own. Hopefully we get a Wolfe return or maybe another Ringkampf member joins Imperium. That Drew/Sheamus segment was good. The digs were perfect, and I liked Sheamus's reactions. Sheamus/Nakamura right after was another solid match. That Gable promo was cold. Hopefully Gable can keep that up as the heel turn continues. Still, I really want him to switch out Otis, Tozawa, and Maxxine for the Creeds. Just feels like a perfect heel stable. Ivy can stay with Maxxine as a face. Andrade/Ricochet vs. Santos/JD built into something good. JD and Santos were a far better team than expected. The Priest attack post match and trash talk to Dom and JD was neat. Dug the backstage segment with all the women that led into the battle royal. Was a nice face moment for Becky and solid build to giving Maxxine a chance to impress in the match. The match itself was pretty solid. I dug a lot of eliminations and thought they did a good job showcasing most of the women involved at some point. The finale with Liv, Becky, and Nia was expected but done well enough. I do wish Liv won, but I assume much of this is to set up a full heel turn for Liv when she finally does take the belt. Right now she doesn't quote have the reasons or ammo for it. Beating Becky down bad for the title will give it to her. I have to admit I would have rather seen Liv win straight up here, but I do think there is a noticeable drop off in how the crowd views the women after Rhea and Becky. This is probably necessary to help Liv step to the next level. No stand out match, but everything here was pretty solid and enjoyable. weakest segment was probably the opening, but everything else did well. Solid show overall though it still suffers from the usual long Raw length.
  18. I think Liv will beat Becky either at Backlash or the Saudi show so I'm fine with her not getting it tonight.
  19. I liked the main event quite a bit. One of my favorite Swerve matches ever. It was ok that he took so much of it because it was due to him capitalizing on opportunities (some of which he was able to create) and because you want your new chant to win definitively. It wasn't enough for him to win; he had to Beat Joe and he did.
  20. Hopefully it at least gets people to stop wondering if she’s leaving.
  21. Liv is the one who injured Rhea. It would have made sense to give Liv the title and have her talking shit. But instead, another Becky Lynch run. No thank you.
  22. Better insult: this or McIntyre’ “burgers” line to Sheamus?
  1. Load more activity