DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. UFC Fight Night on ESPN 10: Woodley vs. Burns May 30, 2020 Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX) Tyron Woodley vs. Gilbert Burns Blagoy Ivanov vs. Augusto Sakai Roosevelt Roberts vs. Brok Weaver Mackenzie Dern vs. Hannah Cifers Gabriel Green vs. Daniel Rodriguez ESPN/ESPN+ Preliminary Card: Billy Quarantillo vs. Spike Carlyle Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko Jamahal Hill vs. Klidson Abreu Tim Elliott vs. Brandon Royval Louis Smolka vs. Casey Kenney Chris Gutierrez vs. Vince Morales Event Bonuses ($50,000) Performance of the Night: Performance of the Night: Fight of the Night: Rating: Cancelled Fights: Kevin Holland vs. Daniel Rodriguez - Injury to Holland (Shoulder)
  3. It probably helps that you’re supposed to want to punch him in this. I’ve watched a few episodes and enjoyed it. I think people who enjoy Iannucci’s shows will probably like it a lot.
  4. Gotta hand it to Impact. They prioritize signing top female talent when it becomes available.
  5. I am one of those dudes who miss the chain wrestling shit from the early to mid 2000's and view it as a giant improvement over what the fuck ever passes as normal now a days. That said I never liked Alex Shelley in that era, or Chris Hero, who felt like they would transition to and back from moves for no rhyme or reason what so ever. Henry and Sid do rule though.
  6. That wacky Nia is at it again. (Spoiler for next weeks' Raw)
  7. Something like that: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lauryn-hill-settles-lawsuit-251366/
  8. I’m really enjoying THE GREAT. The obvious comparison is THE FAVOURITE, but this is much darker and has much more court intrigue. Phenomenal cast. Elle Fanning is amazing. Nicolas Hoult has been a hard sell for me, because something about his face makes me want to punch it, but between this and FURY ROAD, I’ve turned around.
  9. Adam Kubert at his best. From Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #6
  10. It’s just a very flat looking belt. But I understand some of the choices. Like the red is synonymous with Atlanta, and it’s sports team colors. The side plates representing the old TBS studios. So they have their head in the right place but the belt is too plain, in too many spots.
  11. If any man deserves eternal rest, it's David Bowie. He's given more than his fair share.
  12. Today
  13. would this by any chance have been ECW Arena front row regular "Faith No More Guy" ? IIRC he'd turn up at some WWF shows too
  14. I like to think there were a non-trivial number of "Dustin Rhodes greatest wrestler why" google searches that led people here.
  15. Sid V has never interested me post-Humongous, but I will always resent the fact that he almost successfully manslaughtered Arn Anderson (a worker who has brought me much enjoyment) with a pair of safety scissors. He is large, so I see why Mr. McMahon and many folks here love him. - RAF
  16. Jeff Beck told the story of how this came about in a documentary I saw recently. Basically, there was some downtime on a session he was doing with Stevie, everyone else was out of the studio so Jeff sat behind the drums and started playing something rudimentary. Stevie walked in on him and said "don't stop playing that", sat down at the keyboard and wrote the song in about five minutes. He took it to Berry Gordy and Gordy said it was the best thing he'd ever written and released it immediately. Apparently Stevie wasn't so hot on the 'metal' version that Beck, Bogert and Appice put out though. I'm surprised that "Silver Machine" has the longevity that it does as it's a pretty basic rock song and without the effects and the spaciness of the end section wouldn't sound like Hawkwind at all.
  17. Didn't Lauryn Hill manage to do a Springtime For Hitler with her biggest selling album? This might be apocryphal, but she worked with dozens of writers and producers in developing the record, but then decided to not credit any of them and just put All Songs Written and Produced by Lauryn Hill on it. So they all sued (separately) sued her, and because she's not smart at courthouse business, she eventually had a situation where she had to give away like 150% of the royalties she earned on every album sale.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?