DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. didn't see the first 13 minutes of the Sherri episode.. what I did see was an interesting divide between the episode's narrative and the timeline was sorta loose, but probably not incorrect. Eric Bischoff was sorta just there to say that he had no idea why Sherri was available and then he fired her later on for drugs her son looked in rough shape. I guess cancer/oral cancer can cause all that and if they hadn't mentioned cancer, I would have just concluded he spent a bunch of time using crystal meth or something similar it feels like this episode just bumped the timeline forward for the question of "when did wrestlers start using somas" since that always seemed like a mid-90s thing and Cornette is telling stories referencing that with Sherri in 1993 In a way, she kinda arrived 10 years too soon. Well, at least 10 years, if not more. notes from the first 13 minutes: Jake Roberts is a mix of sounding like he's sincere and telling the truth but a lot of his stories about other people are essentially about himself I guess Sherri being billed from New Orleans makes more sense now. Her ex-husband from Louisiana has a very very Louisiana accent. There's not one southern accent, obviously, and you can tell the difference between places if you know it. The last name Gonzales from Louisiana does sorta suggest "Isleno" (descendent of people from the Canary Islands off of Spain who ended up in Louisiana when it was ruled by Spain). If you saw the last name and didn't know which kind of Hispanic it could have been. That ex-husband really came off like a guy who tried to bribe Edwin Edwards to get a favor. Meanwhile to the people who didn't see the Grizz episode, the "Sherri was a little old for Grizzly Smith" thing might have flown over some of their heads. By this point in DSOTR, there's almost a universe of episodes where one references one from a few years ago.
  3. Today
  4. Capcom Fighting Evolution was met with mixed reactions when it came out, but I like it. It's alright. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was the better game, shame no sequel. I can't find the disc, I might have to buy it again.
  5. "Have some candy, Book." Man, I'm used to Booker wilding out but I think this is the first time I've seen Vic get this cranky as a result. Fun show. Probably the right choices on both title matches. I hope Corbin goes back on the road after this and that he's able to be as good as he has been during his year of being sent down. NQCC needs a new fourth member; make it a woman if you want to bounce them off OTM and the Family for a while or pick another dude.
  6. Movies watched today.... Booksmart (Peacock, leaving at the end of the month) Made in Heaven (Criterion Channel, leaving at the end of the month) Melo (Mubi, leaving at the end of the month)
  7. That cover photo goes sooooooooooo fucking hard.
  8. EDIT: My moaning about postage I bought it. Of course I was gonna, and besides Action deserves a ton of dinero for everything they do. BUY IT.
  9. The new regime has shown they’ll bring people back if they get over somewhere else, so being released might not be the death knell it once was during the latter Vince times.
  10. This might have been mentioned already but Meltzer said on the radio show yesterday that basically in WWE now their mentality is "you were on the main roster for a year and didn't get over" so they are gonna move on. (Which fits in with HHH talking in the past about how guys if they had been in development X number of years it was just time to move on) At least timing wise - that fits as a bunch of the releases were NXT folks who were called up last draft
  11. Yesterday
  12. Well they broke Legendary Onslaught Apparently the portal to fight to boss on Level 50 is not appearing Bungie themselves has told players to quit after beating the boss at Level 40 until they can figure out how to fix it
  13. I think of that line frequently while reading the board….
  14. Yes. A settlement was reached. https://www.newstimes.com/news/article/the-next-big-thing-lesnar-settles-wwe-lawsuit-103428.php
  15. Did Lesnar go to court years ago over his no compete?
  16. Glorious doesn’t begin to describe it. Purchased it so fast my head spun.
  17. between the quick ejection and his strikezone (which was worse than his usual), Wendelstedt didn't seem to know why the Yankees were kicking off a series with a Monday day game and he called it like a getaway game granted, Wendelstedt's crew was off over the weekend, so they could have ended up in NYC earlier than the Oakland A's
  18. Our friend Dylan Hales tweeted the cover art:
  19. Tweeted and deleted: So presumably a future big announcement. The skyline in Manchester England is hard to recognise, they keep rebuilding the whole city centre every year.
  20. My wife told me this was coming a while back and we wondered what it meant for wrestlers. I figured it meant nothing because wrestling exists in a pocket universe where laws and rules don't apply. Wasn't it Alberto Del Rio who took WWE to court over the no compete clause and won? And that didn't change anything.
  21. Tomorrow! Mina returning to the USA quickly. Feels like she only arrived back in Japan a few days ago.
  22. I’d guess the Chamber of Commerce represents businesses and their interests in this late stage capitalism hellhole. I’m frankly surprised any agency tried to pass a ruling that might harm The Job Creators (hallowed be thy names). Go after wrestling’s BS independent contractor shit next please and thank you.
  23. Black Heart Turns Blue vol. 1 - Jerry A. Lang Man. This is the singer of Poison Idea's autobiography and it's a rough one. It's the first of three so obviously he's starting with his childhood, and it is some of the most abusive shit imaginable. Him turning into any kind of decent person after is crazy. Still, his life stayed a spiral of violence and legendary drug abuse. He's a solid dude though, in comparison to reading Jack from TSOL, another '80s hardcore singer's book who was a brutal sociopath that finally changed. THAT was legit the scariest and most disturbing autobio I've ever read and is way more "that guy deserves to be dead" instead of "that guy should be dead". Vol 2 on the way. Also reading Shock Value by John Waters Happy birthday, Master! And I bought Ultimate Punisher 2. It's the original volume of comics after the miniseries. The Punisher is misrepresented as this Batman/Rambo combination. He's not. He's Dexter Morgan with an arsenal. And he's always smiling.
  24. In a world where everyone seems in a race to be the biggest piece of shit, the Beastie Boys were real ones. GOATed hip hop act for more reason than one. https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/04/beastie-boys-paid-for-trans-womans-gender-affirming-surgery/
  1. Load more activity