DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. UFC Fight Night 54 on ESPN: Blanchfield vs. Fiorot March 30, 2024 Atlantic City, NJ (Boardwalk Hall) Erin Blanchfield vs. Manon Fiorot Vicente Luque vs. Joaquin Buckley Bruno Silva vs. Chris Weidman Nursulton Ruziboev vs. Sedriques Dumas Bill Algeo vs. Kyle Nelson Chidi Njokuani vs. Rhys McKee ESPN2 / ESPN+ Preliminary Card: Nate Landwehr vs. Jamall Emmers Virna Jandiroba vs. Lupita Godinez Julio Arce vs. Herbert Burns Connor Matthews vs. Dennis Buzukja Ibo Aslan vs. Anton Turkalj Melissa Gatto vs. Viktoriia Dudakova Andre Petroski vs. Jacob Malkoun Angel Pacheco vs. Caolán Loughran Event Bonuses ($50,000) Performance of the Night: Performance of the Night: Fight of the Night: Attendance: Gate:
  3. Today
  4. Steph de Lander and Matt Cardona being back are nice additions. Josh/Tracy was solid. Liked Eddie/Speedball a lot and a great main event from Maclin and Sabin, good to see Maclin back in a main event again as he always delivers.
  5. PLEASE TONY PLEASE. Make that happen.
  6. Finished up with a full-series rewatch of Oz. When this came on I was around 15 years old, and watched it until I started to get bored, so about after the midway point of the fourth season (which was really two seasons in one). It was nice finishing it up and realizing they still did have some stories to tell and that it didn't completely dissolve into a prison soap opera. There were some errors made. Leo's fate was totally unnecessary to me. They killed WAY WAY WAY too many people off; it was practically a murder an episode eventually, and totally ridiculous. But when it was good, it was really good. In particular, I have no idea why all the leads in the cast weren't seen more afterwards. J.K. Simmons ended up having a solid character actor career and commercial spot, and of course Dean Winters parlayed his Ryan O'Reily character into Mr. Mayhem on the tee-vee, but you see practically none of the rest of them. Particularly striking, if not surprising, is just how goddamn good Rita Moreno was. What a firebrand of an actor. Incredible.
  7. Dude I just got finished rewatching all of Oz and Ernie was SWOLE. He must've been early-mid 50s by then, and with his shirt off boxing in the prison gym, looked like he could be getting ready to step in the ring right after.
  8. I hope TK isn't putting the world title in a holding pattern so that two injured wrestlers with unknown return times can feud for it. I'm sure there is some temptation there if that was the original plan but there are too many talented and popular wrestlers to pause everything. Just keep it going and let Cole/MJF settle their beef one day in the distant future even if the belt isn't involved.
  9. we're all better off pretending s5 doesn't exist. the change in animation + voices (especially Gambit) makes it impossible for me to watch. that said, i do remember liking the Wolverine/Captain America episode. they're essentially the same. Morph never had a real run in the mainline comics, so their powers haven't really been explored. I expect that it will be a lot of vagueness in this series as well. Morph is a character that i loved in the initial series and was bummed that the comic version, Changeling, was basically a one-shot character from the first few issues back in the '60s and never appeared again. I'm just glad to see them again. agreed on all points. to paraphrase DEAN, X-Men '97 rules the motherfucking world.
  10. I think Swerve and Ospreay have the main belt covered the rest of the year. If the timing works out, MJF/Cole 2 should be at All Out this year. Last year they did the double babyface glitz and glamour match, this year they get the gritty, bloody, hate-filled match. The worst part from Mercedes on commentary was fumbling the "which of these 4 would you most like to face" question. That's an easy "Willow, because I have history with her" not hemming and hawing trying to mention everyone and realizing you don't have anything good to say about Anna Jay.
  11. Vince sold more stock, again https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/vince-mcmahon-sells-100-million-worth-of-tko-stock
  12. I could her see dropping the women's title at Supercard of Honor, and being "promoted" back up to AEW.
  13. AEW really needs Athena, it's time for her to.
  14. Poignant Mark Briscoe promo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rT8E-w2RsE
  15. Kiera vs. Diamante was a highlight this week. Evil Uno vs JD Drake was solid. Nice TV title main event with Fletcher defending against Blake Christian. Fletcher vs Big Shotty at Supercard should be fun. This will be awesome!
  16. Nah, Cole vs MJF doesn’t need the title anywhere near it, I think TK gets that.
  17. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68683313 Sir Christopher Nolan and Dame Emma Thomas!
  18. I'm a big fan of Mercedes Mone but I'm yet to be sold on the Mone Maker, pun intended. The CEO part of the entrance alongside the dance feels corny too and I'm not talking about Cornette.
  19. I guess this should go in the ROH thread (if there even is such a thing) but maybe not everyone checks there - anyway, Maika/Mina/Mei Seira vs Tam/Tall Saya/AZM got announced for the RoH PPV on 5th April
  20. Sellers did have to fake an injury to get Kubrick off his back about playing yet another role in Strangelove. I just read that Ernie Hudson was nearly 40 at the time of the first Ghostbusters, which means he’s almost 80 now. That’s insane because in Frozen Empire he’s clearly the most spry by a wide margin.
  21. Stardom in RoH https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyoOQzXQAAN2Ey?format=jpg
  22. Bron apparently has the fastest rope to rope time in the WWE. He would be perfect for speed especially with that spear of his.
  23. We were just talking about Sellers and how he seemed to be one of the few people to work multiple times with Kubrick.
  24. I’m against his Bart killing policy, but in favor of his Selma killing policy.
  25. Wrestling Challenge s1e6 kicks off with a murderer vs a domestic abuser, introduced by a sexual predator and referred by a…checks notes…t-shirt bootlegger. Old wrestling is tough to watch sometimes.
  1. Load more activity