DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’d guess the Chamber of Commerce represents businesses and their interests in this late stage capitalism hellhole. I’m frankly surprised any agency tried to pass a ruling that might harm The Job Creators (hallowed be thy names). Go after wrestling’s BS independent contractor shit next please and thank you.
  3. Black Heart Turns Blue vol. 1 - Jerry A. Lang Man. This is the singer of Poison Idea's autobiography and it's a rough one. It's the first of three so obviously he's starting with his childhood, and it is some of the most abusive shit imaginable. Him turning into any kind of decent person after is crazy. Still, his life stayed a spiral of violence and legendary drub abuse. He's a solid dude though, in comparison to reading Jack from TSOL's book, who was a sociopath that finally changed. Vol 2 on the way. Also reading Shock Value by John Waters
  4. In a world where everyone seems in a race to be the biggest piece of shit, the Beastie Boys were real ones. GOATed hip hop act for more reason than one. https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2024/04/beastie-boys-paid-for-trans-womans-gender-affirming-surgery/
  5. https://smartmarkvideo.com/dvd/action-wrestling-blu-ray-april-4-2024-dean-williamstown-nj#intro Hey everyone! DEAN~!!! is now out on Blu Ray over at Smart Mark!
  6. I heard he once had to eat his camembert cold. (Spot that reference yo)
  7. Today
  8. I don't think you understand the hardships Fisher has had in his life. The way he pulled himself up by the bootstraps is so inspiring. It's so horrible the way the greedy cities, players, and other team personnel abuse him. He oughta have a statue.
  9. Easy. Show up as the Midnight Rider or Stagger Lee or The BT Express or the Bullet or the Tennessee Stud or Charlie Brown from Outta Town or....nevermind, you get the point.
  10. Trevor Lee vs Skeletor vs Mr. Fuck You! Book it, James!
  11. I've heard that. He himself has refuted that, but iiwii. His run wouldn't have to last forever, just long enough to really get a babyface over for pinning him. House of Black being the dragon sitting on all the treasure would be dope as hell.
  12. Atlas looks embarrassingly bad. Or I could call it another J-Lo special.
  13. That seems to be the point. She came out and stole Willow's spotlight and everyone including the announcers were saying as much. She's coming off as disingenuous towards Willow as well. She probably didn't even really get attacked. I could be wrong but that looks like what they're doing.
  14. What I meant was that, apparently, Malakai himself is edging into Mil Mascaras “NO YOB!” territory.
  15. Aside from all the other great stuff I was excited to see a Melvins shirt prominently on the hardcam.... until I realized it was probably a mashup for Taven. Something I love with someone I don't care about. Glad to see Willow win. I love her. Stokely on commentary was great.
  16. Copied from some page that showed up in my feed on Facebook that I don't even subscribe to, so, ya know, grains of salt and all. Somebody else verify.
  17. Sure. When a babyface shows up with a garlic necklace and a stake to drive through his heart. But no, I understand your point. It should just really mean something when Malakai drops a fall.
  18. Also, god yes man, stick around and fix the board. I can't even tag that to you. There is probably a full laundry list on the main page.
  19. As Peck said in the main thread and my dumb ass posted in the wrong thread, the FTC just banned non-competes with that nullifying all prior ones. The US Chamber of Commerce is gonna sue though for a reason someone will have to explain to me (probably just your typical deregulation bullshit) so there'll be a fight. Anyway that has better placement on this thread than the main one.
  20. EDIT: because I can't read Anyway, the Gino doc is on, and it's fair that they didn't put a lot of Gino stuff in the Chris one because they'd overlap too much.
  21. A topic discussed by the late Flipper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQiTstEpZQ
  22. I'll take that list as the gospel one then. They go back pre-Dracula too, which makes sense as Phantom and Hunchback are cornerstones. Google and Wiki tell me the MCU has 33 films, fwiw.
  23. Read an article a few minutes ago that said the FTC just banned non-compete agreements in any scenario and voiding nearly all existing non-competes. Going to be a legal battle though, as the US Chamber of Commerce has already said they'll sue to block the ruling.
  24. Things I Remember from Clash of the Champions 6: Lots of NWA Champions and Bigwigs are in town for the occasion, including Terry Funk, and Harley Race (who was just on the Royal Rumble 2 1/2 months before this) Also here's a music video And then the national anthem. Yes it takes a few minutes to get to the ring. Midnight Express vs SST was a really good tag match. MX actually getting lots of offense in but SST taking over. Then a finish with the Rocket Launcher and shenanigans and a phone shot, and the SST wins. Probably a pretty dramatic change for a Cornette to return to the Superdome as the good guy manager Steve "Steven" Casey tries to charge Muta and gets misted immediately. Not technically a DQ though. Then they go for several minutes and Muta beats him with the Moonsault. I believe that this was the match where Hayes mentioned he holds the attendance record at the Superdome but maybe that'll be challenged tonight (it wasn't, there were 5300 people in the Superdome and they filmed it in a way to hide that fact unless you realized how few rows were on the screen on the hard cam) JYD with a Second Line. Pretty sure a Second Line has never turned down an opportunity to get paid. This being 1989 and not 1983, this JYD/Butch Reed match wasn't exactly good although i'm sure it's better than the average 1989 JYD match. JYD beats Butch Reed, which might have been a bit of a sign of "hey, maybe we need to do something else with Butch Reed" (and they did, and it was awesome) Sullivan/Spivey vs Rick Steiner/Eddie went by really quickly. For some reason, we don't get to see Bob Orton/Dick Murdoch, Varsity Club beating the Road Warriors for the tag team titles (!!!!), or Ranger Ross vs Iron Sheik on the Network. I guess having 2 title matches as standby matches looks worse if they were able to get Iron Sheik into a match. And then the title match. First off gotta love how they had Terry Funk around for multiple Flair/Steamboat matches and none of us suspected a thing until it happened. This ruled. The layout was pretty logical where they were working multiple different matches between a first fall that was a free for all and where Flair won with a finish kinda like Chi-Town. Then a second fall where Ricky had to win and he eventually did. And then the third fall, with everything on the line, and a screwy enough finish to justify doing a third match in Nashville. I could see how the finish might be enough to rank Chicago ahead of New Orleans. Although there's probably not a lot of good finishes if you need to justify a match in Nashville. Of course, the two of three falls match being the 2nd match is it's own thing but you gotta whip Wrestlemania 5's ass somehow. Also love the spot in the 3rd fall where Flair does his turnbuckle flip and Ricky just nails him before he gets on the other turnbuckle. Then Flair actually hits a move off the top rope later. This is a match that expected to rule and it did. Plus George Scott's inability to get more tickets sold for this card got him fired and brought upon the real surge into 1989 NWA. We close with Ricky Steamboat looking at the finish. It's the human element.
  25. How can we miss you if you won't go away?
  1. Load more activity