DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Taka Michinoku's the best. Honourable mentions to Luke Harper's and Sami Zayn's.
  3. Oh also it appears both teams will now use their Game 1 starters in Game 4 (since both will be on normal rest) instead of doing a bullpen game
  4. The game is officially postponned Game 4 tomorrow Game 5 Friday There will be no day off if the teams have to go back to Houston.
  5. Well, a certain chant that occurs at Mexican soccer games may have drowned out MJF’s micwork in Tijuana. Also, considering the language gap between MJF and the fans (even if Tijuana is on the border), the potential for micwork is sorta what it is. Also, Tijuana isn’t exactly 1970s Harlan County Kentucky in regard to needing to put every babyface over without the heels getting any extra heat. I’m sure the crowd was louder than it came across on their broadcast but the announcers (who probably weren’t there) we’re trying to sell the place being really loud when their broadcast didn’t get that point across. It was almost like a radio broadcast of a sports event where the audio is all from the booth and you couldn’t hear the crowd.
  6. Homicide is a TNA legend thanks to his run as half of the original LAX. Kingston was basically a manager for most of his Impact run. The in ring bit of his career, when he was in the 'guys with skull masks and clocks' stable with Storm and Bram coincided with Impact losing their UK TV deal, and by the time they were back on telly that stable was history, Storm was a babyface again and King was a Latino Gang boss.
  7. If Homicide and Kingston came into the NWA based on their TNA run, they would have been portrayed more as their LAX gimmicks. From what I have seen that isn't the case.
  8. That may be true but I don't personally accept that.
  9. I lost interest in Flash about halfway through last season, but from what people have said on this page it looks like the new season is looking good. Should I pick it back up?
  10. I have a Redrix's Broadsword so I'm not worried about getting PR kills in the IB where I'm probably going to be one of the highest LL players in the match. I'll just keep shootin' 'til it's done, but my focus will be on getting the win. Oh, don't even get me started. I was in an Ordeal Nightfall last week where I was the only player with Unstoppable Rounds on my Loud Lullaby HC and I also had Unstoppable Melee on my Dreambane Chest armor. The other team wasn't prepared and we wiped like five times in a row to the Unstoppable Ogre on the bridge at the very beginning of the Scarlet Keep strike because the other players didn't have the mods to stun him and he'd OHK them and me shortly thereafter. It was awful. I usually meet my maker when I am in a Control match trying to push and cap a zone. I start off with three or four players moving with me and I am under the foolish assumption that they're coming to assist.. Then suddenly no one is around to help me cap once I start engaging the other team.' I hate that shit. This is why I dread playing Control matches and the IB especially. Everything hinges on the people on your team playing the objectives. Playing for the sake of bounty or quest completion just makes it worse because you'll be trying to tick off that capture requirement or something and failing miserably because no one is backing you up. If your team is playing to win the match, you'll get the caps and whatever else you need for your bounties and quests. I never use the Heavy Drops if I don't plan on invading aka if I am wearing task specific armor in Gambit Prime that is not red. I save the purple for the guy going to the other side to make a mess. If Heavy drops from enemies that's perfectly fine, but winning GP matches depends on your team's ability to get rid of invaders and your own invader's ability to keep you in the match so I don't screw that up by grabbing dedicated heavy drops when I don't plan on invading. That's even more important now that there are weapons available like Truth and Deathbringer that can splash entre Gambit teams in no time flat. Don't cut your own team's throat by keeping your invader from going in with full heavy.
  11. Get the Fuck Off my tv aka Shane McMahon heat
  12. Arrow is seemingly starting with Crisis right off the bat. Considering how that episode ended it will be interesting to see when the Flash team notices. Flash was fun though it will be even better when they start going all in on Crisis. Right now its bit more on the side though what we got was nice enough. That was easily the darkest scene they have done in Supergirl and one of the more disturbing moments we have seen in CW's DCU. It makes me even more curious to see how Lena's story is eventually settled because that felt like a moment they can't really come back from unless this all erupts before Crisis and Crisis alters shit.
  13. With the ALCS rainout today, there’ll be an ALCS game on FS1 on Friday night. Just to mess with ratings for that night a little.
  14. Today
  15. When it comes to Mike Kinnellis, if the guy is going to be miserable for the next five years, why not just let the guy go? It's not like the guy has so much untapped potential that a company like AEW would benefit off of WWE's loss. This guy isn't going to be a main guy in too many major places around the world. To me, it seems like the guy just wants to work more, so I say let him do it. Like others have said, if they want they can keep Maria around because it's clear she has always been the focus since they returned. Let him go and have fun working for ROH or Impact or MLW.
  16. “Studio wrestling TNA“ is probably an idea they should have considered for Impact Wrestling at some point. (Although to be honest, not every wrestling show in a TV studio has been considered studio wrestling... example: the Worldwide tapings from Orlando)
  17. Anyone hear rumors that NJPW bought Stardom?
  18. The problem there is twofold: 1) The WWE roster is too good right now. Like, everyone on the roster, top to bottom, is just good enough, and the indies are just hot enough with enough landing places for talent, that even the very worst people on the roster have a fighting chance to make WWE rue the day they let those guys walk away. 2) Despite that, ultimately it goes down to even if everyone in the world has a Ph.D, the world will still need garbagemen. WWE has a really good roster filled with talented performers...but they still need someone to be the jobbers too. No matter how much talent you bring in, SOMEONE has to lose to all that talent- and eventually with a roster like this, it's going to be good talent losing these matches. If you capitalize on the potential for someone unhappy, then you have to make someone else be the jobber to lay down for that person, and then that new jobber will be unhappy, and it becomes musical chairs until you're either back to square one with the first unhappy people or you find someone willing to be the jobber. Even if you say "well, bring back jobber squashes", that helps at the beginning, but eventually you need a name vs. name match some time, and then you'll have to have the same decision of where they are on the totem pole.
  19. Robbie E. is in nxt as Robert Strauss. I take issue with Homicide and Kingston being labeled TNA castoffs. They were indy legends before they ever got to TNA. They didn't make their name in TNA/Impact, whereas the rest definitely did, save for Kennedy/Anderson.
  20. I don't think either of those dudes are inconsistent, that's what overwhelmingly average looks like. Kirk Cousins is inconsistent, those two dudes just aren't very good.
  21. Bad Juju worked well enough for me. The only annoying thing in Nightmare Hunts are the Unstoppable Ogres. I've yet to really need my Unstoppable HCs because those fuckers don't even feel the need to put up those shields like Barrier and Overload Champions. Hoping in vain is something that happens far too often to me in Crucible. I've had teammates who could have saved me and themselves by just turning the fuck around to help with the guy who eventually kills us both. This is why I generally avoid taking heavy ammo outside of the Primeval fights. Just doesn't seem sensible if you aren't invading. EDIT: Nothing helps getting over a loss quite like an overwhelming force/merc win.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?