DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Log

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

I believe this is more of a thing where he either wants a long-term contract from Cincy or he wants out. Not so much just wanting out.
  3. If anyone is so inclined, tomorrow night on IWTV we have a show at 730pm EST called ACTION Forever. It's our 6th Anniversary show and I'm pretty happy with the line up we have
  4. To be clear, speaking for only myself, I'm going to like what I like. I'm not going to change that based on reaction of anyone else. My "dread" is more of a, "Oh. This is going to be a whole thing that people go on about for a while."
  5. I don’t want TK to be an authority figure. But I do want Shad
  6. That was such a weird, random botch too. Like that’s a move/bump,that’s been done a million times but somehow he slips on a banana peel, crashes facefirst into the buckle and gets his knee fucked up in the ropes. Or did it give while he was running towards the buckle?
  7. Could they just cast Brian Cage as Tony’s personal bodyguard during his recovery without needing to explain why Cage is suddenly out of the Mogul Embassy? or make Miro the guy whose job involves protecting Tony so that you have an official reason why Miro doesn’t wrestle and an in-joke about all the rumors that Miro doesn’t like any of AEW’s ideas for him.
  8. I'm less concerned about 16 being on rails because honestly, X was about as on-rails as you could get and it was still great, and 13 might as well been an interactive movie. I'm ok with rails if the story is worth it. Although I have noticed the hand-holdy stuff, so it might be an overcorrection to just how overwhelmingly open Rebirth is.
  9. A lot of thoughts on this and I am at work pretending to work while I type this. I also had too much McDonald’s breakfast and the veins in my arms are feeling oddly tingly. - Beautifully said, I have felt a number of things you mentioned here. Maybe not the specifics but I honestly hate the Facebook and tik tok algorithms I’m in because it’s making me dread seeing discussions on things I love. I am very much someone that listens to podcasts and can enjoy people having differences of opinions. But mostly elsewhere it is regurgitated hot takes and cliches and if you take the time to actually try and have a discussion it is goalpost moving and name calling. Even clips of stuff I like is filled with trolls. It’s on me for clicking the comments, but I’m just so used to it that it’s still instinct. - I am in the camp that I was actually depressed and embarrassed from the All In footage. I like AEW and I like Punk. But seeing it really mad me sad and uncomfortable. The reasoning was said to be for Perry and I couldn’t get that. I think it’s way over stated what actually happened, but people that already have strong opinions are just going to lock their feet into position. A few weeks removed and they actually got me to care about Jack Perry as a character. I joke about him a lot in everything, but outside of how gorgeous his hair is, I’ve always found him to be unbelievably boring. Once you’ve seen his usual spots, you’ve seen most of his matches. Plus, I became biased over hearing people like Dax and others talk about him being a dick. True or not, idk, but it did effect me. After this and the gimmick workshopping he did in NJPW-USA he actually has a character that I find interesting that fits his persona. He’s Dom without the comedy. Smirking piece of shit that’s wearing a leather jacket. Have him do the G2S. As long as this goes somewhere, I’m willing to admit I was wrong and airing the footage was the needed awkward moment to get us to glory. - I will say, I didn’t like all the shenanigans. I feel that I’m sharing and having my opinion in good faith. I will admit to something being the right idea when it becomes apparent. That’s why I’m not quitting AEW forever. - I see some online comparing this to Vince-Austin. I don’t see that other than one is a boss. Perry is not, nor is he trying to be Stone Cold. He is a villain. TK is awkwardly yet surprisingly nuanced in being a fucking goober boss that appears to want to be one of the boys by doing his patented hug (like HHH’s point). He’s not an evil boss like Vince was, but also isn’t a hero. Whether it works or not, it is an interesting gray smoothie. I say I don’t like it but my mind is running with possibilities that are both good and bad. - I do like the Glass chant. AEW used to feel like a party. I feel that’s why the sales of tickets dropped. Seeing all that fun and wanting to be a part of that was a big part of why I got tickets to Quake by the lake. Loss of good will or something, the fun shifted. I like watching AEW matches at home, but going to a WWE show and doing the Seth song before he talks sounds like a more fun outing. 100%! Very weird feeling. I’m interested to see what the company looks like when there is less Danielson and Samoa Joe. Will the main event house style be more Swerve, Ospreay Takeshita? For personal reasons, I’m going to savor every drop of Danielson I can get. Lol It is tooooough working past the fear of pervious shitty booking. I’ll make jokes for fun but will tip my hat when it ends up being something more I enjoy. Like the unnecessary amount of belts. If we have Okada as a heel powerhouse doing midcard epics, Ospreay having wild sprints, Toni Storm doing skits mixed with good matches, Copeland and I assume Mercedes being happy to be here veterans, and Swerve having a massive aura on the top of the card. Through in workhorse teams fighting for the Tag or trios, then you have a murder’s row of champions. Yes, I know you can book stories without belts, but sadly I don’t know if the powers at be consistently can. Hence all the gold. Lol. If this is what we get, I’ll admit when I’m wrong. I think my overall feelings of AEW are very high. I’m very nervous about things but ultimately, unless they stray from the formula of GREAT matches and have exciting big shows, I’ll likely always come to AEW for my grappling based entertainment. If only they could do what I want all the time. Which is build a time machine for a tournament: 93 William Regal 98 Genichiro Tenryu 05 Samoa Joe 84 El Satanico 05 Necro Butcher Blonde hair kicky year Katsuhiko Nakajima 19 Daisuke Sekimoto 93 Vader
  10. Not sure if Tony should get over on Jack Perry in any way more physical than having Tony rise from his wheelchair, distracting Jack Perry and causing him to lose the match
  11. https://cdn4.whatculture.com/images//2024/04/38a740d82f56545a108b3beb6ae897c0.jpg Hail Hydra.
  12. I don’t know that anyone here would actually hate or love anything based off potential fan reactions. That seems incredibly weird to me, and not something any of us would do.
  13. It’s going to be really impressive when Tony goes from being floored by a punch to the gut to beating the stuffing out of Perry en route to pinning him at the next ppv - all in the space of a month or two. Found out about the closing angle via mainstream media this am - lol, that was a surprise - and now I have so many questions. I mean, they’re mostly silly questions, but still…. Does this lead to some sort of gimmick match at a ppv? And does Tony win? (Answer: he’s a carny. Of course he wins). Does TK book himself over Okada by dq en route to the blowoff with Perry? Okada being the gate keeper Khan goes thru to get to Perry might break some brains. Who appears with Tony in the training montage meant to convince us that Tony can go from hero to zero in one ppv cycle? Hangman? Moxley? More importantly, Does Tony license “Eye of the Tiger” for his training skits? He’s a damn fool if he doesn’t. Does he follow Rule 105 of wrestling booking and book a heel turn for himself before the angle is over even though that would probably make no sense? It took TK almost five years to join Vince in the exclusive club of Wrestling Promoters Who Put Themselves Over While Kinda, Sorta Owning Pro Football Teams. I guess that qualifies as admirable restrain these days. No plans to watch the angle, but it will be interesting to see how far into this TK goes. Shad Khan appearing in a wrestling angle was not something I thought I’d see.
  14. Today
  15. If it makes you feel any better, none of my hesitation about the angle has anything to do with what I thought fans online would think, its my own deep hatred for heel authority figures based on years of trauma. If that isn't the direction they are going I'd be of course thrilled but based on how they did it I don't think the fear is totally unwarranted.
  16. this is the kind of analysis I really dig. I do think the venue setup is uniquely unusual, but yeah, a lot of things felt a bit off.
  17. Last week, Mox cut a promo almost entirely with his back to the hard cam. Wonder if this week was a bit of an over-correction?
  18. I love Willow but I thought her segment with Mercedes looked weak because of her. Willow was angled to try and look at the camera a lot, as opposed to looking at Sasha who was directly angled at her. In live theater, actors always “cheat” and tilt themselves like that so the live audience can hear better. It felt like they were trying to do that at times last night. You don’t need to do that when something is mic’d up. It just looked off. Like, the sneakiest and most conniving women’s wrestler ever who is coming for your title who you injured in a match is right there, you should be staring her down to try and not worried about anything else. Maybe the venue’s camera set up was weird or they were trying to do something a bit different since the WWE has been getting raves for their new direction. It just looked off at times — like with Jack deciding to turn and look directly in the camera for no real reason at times.
  19. I do know kind of wonder if the end game of this is Tony, playing into the Punk "he's a nice guy, he's not a boss" thing, brings in a sheriff-type authority figure to make announcements and stand against the Elite and have it be Sting. I remember one of Stings last appearances him talking about not being around anymore and adding "in the ring" and I thought it was interesting. Face authority figures are almost always cringe and do nothing but cut off heel characters at the knees, but I would give Sting a chance in the role/think he could pull it off.
  20. Fightin’ Cowboy has been streaming FF16 and it has been making me think I should give it another shot…It’s just so on rails though and in a weird way too. I’ve never seen a FF game be so hand holdy and on rails like this. But he’s been enjoying, I already own it, and I’m nearing the end of Rebirth. Speaking of, I’m on Chapter 13 and man does it take some balls, some really stupid balls to bust out the Billions trope of “a few hours earlier.” Not once, not twice, but three times. Also, for those that know what I’m talking about, how in the fuck could that happened several hours earlier?! You come across that point after 15 to 30 minutes of playtime. The game is overstuffed with gimmicks, why add that? Anyway, the area that happens in is pretty cool and then this happened…
  21. I mean, I’ve seen actual professional fighters get KO’d off body blows. I totally buy TK getting leveled by a sucker punch like that.
  22. I love you guys but I’m still gonna talk about how much Jack Perry sucks even if it ruins your high or whatever in return, I’ll continue to read the anti-Punk posts whenever they pop up and not care, because that’s how this should be. Enjoy what you enjoy, who cares.
  23. On one hand, the bump Tony took from the punch was probably not good On the other hand, wrestlers should be portrayed as being able to knock out non-wrestlers with body blows
  1. Load more activity