DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I may actually watch something that's been collecting dust in my Netflix watchlist. Wow.
  3. I didn't want to be that guy who Jotunned his way through the fusion rifle part of the armor bounty, but Rebuke and Telesto spammers forced my hand.
  4. This first inning is.... unexpected
  5. I fucking died reading that. Tremendous. edit: didn't Dave break it down a while ago and provide how many people DVR Raw/Smackdown and it was way higher than average sports games? I want to say I remember him reporting on that last year sometime when the news of the TV deals was starting to heat up.
  6. Horror hot take: HOUSE (1985) is good. Original AMITYVILLE HORROR is bad.
  7. Yes! And all of the booing for it when they came out and bullied small children to 90% cheers. Steve Austin before he became a caricature was a giant dickhead and was hugely over as a babyface too. They are way too awesome/over with the crowd to be heels. There's no point pretending. They're just aggro because Cero Miedo or something. I'll admit the booking for them has been a little confusing but there's not fuckin' chance they're heels.
  8. Oh no, there's a ton of virtual camera work in that movie. It's breathtaking from a technical standpoint because it meshes so well with the live action plates that you never question a camera move that goes through the windshield during a race.
  9. Basically it’s just one big bet on the roulette wheel using money he saved on the side. But like I said, he’s gonna find it all super uninteresting. Like is he really a fan of pro sports? He seems like a guy that likes athleticism, but not much else. ...And if we gather anything from the past, he knows jackshit about the rules if you remember the RAW Bowl.
  10. I did like someone's suggestion of Maury Povich...
  11. From SI: McMahon offloaded 3,204,427 shares in the company at $84.87 each, meaning the sale netted him just under $272 million. The SEC filing says McMahon plans to invest the money in another company, Alpha Entertainment, which he created in 2017 when he began planning the relaunch of the XFL.Mar 28, 2019 Which means he has two years of complete disaster before he burns through that money. To your second point though, he's a billionaire and this is all funny money.
  12. Season 4 started today on Samurai TV. New episodes will air on the first and third Friday each month. Funny to see English and Japanese subtitles at the same time when Spanish is being spoken.
  13. If you don't I will. I almost watched it the other day but Shudder started acting up (as it has been doing, I hope it's just my laptop)
  14. I am starting to feel like I need to rewatch Best Worst Movie and bonus review it
  15. A friend of mine in Milwaukee got to see that, the lucky bastard. I caught the OG cut of Deep Red at the theater last year and found that I preferred it greatly to the extended one. A film I thought was kind of lackluster and drawn out immediately tightened up into a clockwork piece of suspense.
  16. BTW - Meltzer notes that due to visa and travel related things - a lot of the roster will be working their old brands when going to Australia
  17. Oh hey, Tales from the Crypt '72 is airing on AMC early next Friday morning, I think it said around 11 or so, maybe earlier. DVR that shit.
  18. Jurassic World had the benefit of being a four quadrant movie, PG-13 and playing in places like China where I'm sure it racked up a ton. It also has the benefit of 90s nostalgia like The Lion King and all these awful remakes that are being made. It also had the benefit of a monster opening weekend of $200M in the middle of the summer and summer weekdays which are always higher than October. People can say what they want but the box office run is impressive and it's going to be a contender during awards season, it won at Venice and finished 5th at TIFF while Phillips finished 2nd for directing at TIFF. Obviously a ton of people think this project worked.
  19. It is against the "unwritten rules of baseball" which was the original story came out was the point that Boone and the team made (you can have your own opinion of the unwritten rules but that is a different story) And if you think the Astros fans have never booed their own team - then you live in a different reality than I do. Or you could read this thread from last year about Stros fans constantly booed Ken Giles
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?