DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I don’t hate it. They’re pretentious, self aggrandizing assholes, but by also portraying that on tv they’re actually compelling for once…
  3. Well said. I thoroughly loved this show. Shibata v Ospreay was a lot of fun from start to finish. I hope I never get wrapped up in some idea of what Pro Wrestling should be that I can't enjoy a match this entertaining. Nice Danielson Video package. Would've liked a narrator separate from the regular voice, but a very minor complaint. Bucks promo offered their regular hilarity. Renee worked hard not to break. I dig Okada/Ferrari arrivals. Privates v Bucks was fantastic at least 3/4 way thru. The finish was a bit unfortunate. Less the trigger misfire than both Jacksons pinning Quen, and that being acceptable. Almost made me long for a JR bellyache. Previous to that tho, this was another example of the Jacksons' pulling the best matches out of whomever their opponents are. I don't recall Private Party being anywhere close to this level against anybody but the Bucks. Nice little Darby/Tony Hawk charity plug. Jericho/Hook promo was good. Especially good for a babyface Jericho promo. Willow v Skye v Anna v Stat was terrific. Both Stat and Willow especially looked great. Mercedes arrival seemed a bit light on the fan fare. I didn't expect much from her commentary - she seems to require a script. I'm not gonna further bury her tho, I suspect her in ring will do the best talking possible, and it's not far off. Dustin/Butcher promo was pretty fun. Butch sounded great. Kinda dumb 'Cause I'm a legend' finish by Dustin, but yeah, let's go! OC/Trent v Kingdom was a nice solid TV bout. I really dug OC punching Taven in the face to begin. Bucks v Trent/OC is gonna be a barnburner. Plucky happy to be there Kyle O'Reilly promo was just fine, but could they not have given his opponent? You can't 'In action' somebody talking so much about the great roster. Copeland Video package was really good. Looking forward to the next round of Cope Opens. Following up on the previous week with highlights as seen throughout the show is a quiet but big improvement. Takeshita v Swerve was as tremendous as expected. Very nice build to the hot closing stretch. Don Callis commentary is always a little gift. This show feels like a clear example that you're never going to please everyone. #234 was better than most TV Wrestling I've ever seen. High voter. AEDub, thanks for the thrills!
  4. Kelly Oubre probably earned himself a couple of games off: "You a bitch. You a bitch. You a bitch. Got it?"
  5. I watched all of those over a couple of days last week and I totally agree. The sequels are too bogged down in building lore. Origins is a return to form but still not as strong as the first one. All of them have at least a couple of effective scenes though.
  6. Question - Last I saw Doug Ramsey was in Immortal #12 or 13, when Krakoa yoinks him away somewhere. Where does his story continue?
  7. Bucks/Kingdom would be kind of worth it if Bennett hits the dick punch and ends up getting fined on the spot. I dug Osprey/Shibata a ton. I thought the main was awesome but maaaayyybe could’ve shaved a little off the finishing stretch. The rest of the show was good stuff. Dynasty is shaping up to be a hell of a show.
  8. I think the brackets ruled that out, because no way were they running Kingdom vs Bucks in the semifinals. Bucks vs Private Party worked because of their history, and because while PP are heels they're not really all that hated, so they could easily play faces in this match. Bucks vs Kingdom wouldn't work at all, in my opinion
  9. This needs to be one of those, “Men, what is keeping you from dressing this way?” posts.
  10. Today
  11. A few weeks back there were some matches that were made official so quickly you could only assume Tony had nothing more important to do than sit with his phone ready waiting for a babyface to propose a match so he could immediately call in and make it official. My point is, he clearly lives to make matches official. Don't take that from him.
  12. I found it a little funny that they announced that “Tony Khan has made it official: Julia Hart will defend her title against Willow Nightengale at Dynasty” when that was the announced stipulation for the match AND Willow won clean.
  13. I liked her debut appearance, but I think she needs to have some of the WWE deprogrammed from her. And while I think she is an important addition, having her be the focus of a title angle that she isn’t actually participating in, when she hasn’t even wrestled a match in the company, is a little insulting to the existing talent.
  14. In this never ending season - the Rangers are the first team to clinch a playoff berth This season will only end in pain
  15. Dodgers extend catcher Will Smith for 10 years (yes a catcher for 10 years) $140 million with no opt outs Because of course as LA is now want to do - there is deferred money. $5 million every year is deferred and will be paid out from 2034 to 2043 The 10 years for a catcher is the longest ever (longest was 8 years as far as anyone can tell) Buys out the last two arb years but have fun figuring out where to play him in 3 or 4 years
  16. An injured Darby will take his place and then at the last minute Swerve comes limping out. Swerve gets beat up but magically pulls out super moves and Joe’s cheating backfires. Swerve wins and Joe forms the Boom Boom Grooms.
  17. That Footloose tag sounds really good. I've never been clear on what a blockbuster supplex is; is it the move also commonly known as a fallaway slam, IE Scott Hall's 'sack of shit'.
  18. Other rule changes not mentioned already Trade deadline has been moved back a week. Will now take place after Week 9. Replay can now be used to overturn a ruling that a quarterback was down or out of bounds before throwing a pass. Replay can now be used to determine whether the game clock expired before the ball was snapped. And the "fun" replay one - The replay assistant will now be allowed to correct "objectively" incorrect calls for intentional grounding and roughing the passer. Teams now have an unlimited number of designated for return transactions in the postseason. (Bold is for emphasis) Emergency third quarterbacks, who are available to play in case the starter and the backup are ejected or injured, can now be elevated from both the 53-man roster and the practice squad. (Last season, they had to be on the the 53-man roster)
  19. Regarding the Christmas Games Since Christmas is Wednesday - Goodell said that teams playing in the Christmas games will all play the Saturday before thus, in the NFL's mind, is the same preparation as playing Sunday then Thursday The other schedule thing announced is that the Eagles game in Brazil will be on the Friday of Week 1 and will air exclusively on Peacock so plenty of time to recycle all the bitching from this previous year's playoff game
  20. When she was on commentary my first thought was, oh yeah, she was TERRIBLE at doing this same thing in WWE. I don’t get how someone with that much charisma who can actually talk is that fucking boring on commentary every time in her career she has been a guest commentator, which has only been a few times, but still. I like Mone a lot, but she needs to shed a bunch of the VinceDunn-isms, like the entrance and the thing no one has mentioned…ALWAYS SMILING. You look like a damn robot when all you do is smile.
  21. Man, Swerve winning really got me thinking he might beat Joe… If it weren’t for Hangman. I still think the money storyline is Swerve tricking Hangman into challenging Joe and helping Hangman beat Joe so he can eventually face Hangman for the title. The only problem with that is Adam Cole. As much as I like Adam Cole, I think he’s become a huge hindrance to the booking at the top. TK seems as enamored with him as he was with Punk. Also, with all of his time injured, guys like Joe, Swerve, Hangman, Ospreay, and Takeshita look so much more legit and believable as being the top guy. Plus Cole just makes the resumption of the feud with MJF seem inevitable. Because without Cole in the picture, things are so much cleaner. Joe drops the title to Hangman, who drops the title to Swerve, and then we build to Swerve vs Ospreay for the title at Wembley. With Cole in the picture, you can’t give a good push to Swerve, or anyone else, because all roads go right back to Cole and MJF for the title when I think the real money is an eventual title match between Swerve and Ospreay. And let’s assume MJF is gone until November or something. What would you rather see? Cole vs Ospreay or nearly anyone else vs Ospreay? With the shape Ospreay is in, he looks he’d destroy little Cole.
  22. Of course you don't - no one does It is a Yorgos movie after all
  23. Just to clear something regarding the what seems like 45 Frankenstein movies coming out The one being directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal is called The Bride!
  24. Hangman will push Swerve down a flight of stairs before the main event at Dynasty.
  25. It is already noted in the Borderlands thread but Embracer sold off another big piece Gearbox has been acquired by Take-Two Interactive for $460 million which oh btw is in Take-Two shares not cash Not all the Gearbox assets are being sold
  1. Load more activity