DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dallas going to fuck me out of the survival pool.
  3. Itsuki Hirata looked super impressive in the prelims of the first show. Good technique on her strikes, threw combinations well, and had a slick finish transitioning from a kimura to an armbar.
  4. One of my favorite NXT matches ever, great stuff.
  5. On that, I agree. They won't do it, but if the possible sequel ignores Batman altogether and instead tells the story of Joker and Dr Harleen Quinzell, that would be interesting.
  6. If you have a girl in between the ages of 5 and 10, Tangled: the Series is really quite good. The start of season 3 was actually a minor kick to the teeth.
  7. Petr Cech won his debut as a hockey goalie, stopping two shots in the shootout.
  8. There's probably hundreds of guys in the indies with long black hair, a Japanese moveset and poor selling.
  9. Weak promo from Darby. He needs to get natural. Regardless, making use of a youtube channel to cut promos is how it should be.
  10. Dean R- Chikara and Dusty Rhodes promos were very instrumental in developing my young'un's Weltanschauung. Your offspring are probably ready for advanced Japanese Independent Federation instruction. - RAF
  11. I mean, at this point, this game is attempting to win the worst looking Eighth Gen game ever.
  12. And Mariotta has been benched
  13. Life isn't black and white. He had a tough life, sure. The people on the subway are assholes, sure. He was also a mentally disturbed individual with a gun and whatever demons he has floating around in his head were taken out on these people because he had easy access to a handgun and social services cut off his programs. This film shows the dangers of guns in the wrong hands and mentally ill who society allows to slip through the cracks without providing the proper care. Who thinks he looked heroic.. the protesters who are also mentally disturbed. Certainly not the normal everyday person watching the news. Surely not the audience who was booing him. They weren't exactly displayed as 'good people' and neither was Thomas Wayne. Gotham could use a hero though.. someone who will smack the protesters in the mouth and put Joker behind bars. I wonder who that could be. It's not a bad thing to make a movie that shows all of these elements. Movies and video games don't turn people mentally ill.
  14. Absolutely. The problem in my mind is he also delivered a suplex to the outside that didn't get a pop, he did a Jay Driller which...well it didn't look worse than a lot of Jay Drillers but it's a pretty crappy looking move....he also did a running DVD which is actually Shawn Spears' finish - bear in mind the he allegedly had Pete Dunne blackballed from Progress for a good while for doing too much in his match. Bite fingers and work holds, and you will have no beef from me. Bonus points for doing atomic drops.
  15. I think you're gonna love Asuka vs. Emma. I know I did.
  16. The cruise poster got me thinking, do you still get really crappy indie rip offs of popular wrestlers? It seemed to be a thing in the 70s-early 2000s but not as much now. Id love to think there is a Geoff Rollins or a Tasha Banks our there wrestling in front of 30 people in a barn somewhere.
  17. I took my kid to see "My Name Is Dolemite" on Friday (best dad? worst dad? Keep your labels: she loves cursing) Not being facetious, but it is the feel good movie of the year that uses the word motherf*cker every 40 seconds. Very well made and fun, and as usual my man Wesley Snipes steals the show. Highly recommended. - RAF
  18. My God the Bengals-Dolphins game may end up deciding who gets the #1OA.
  19. That’s exactly what a friend asked me if that’s what the movie is about after I saw it.
  20. I’ve brought it up with NWA Powerrr, but with a lot of TV audiences being above 50, the NWA should be talking to CBS about getting an afternoon time slot to attract retirees.
  21. I would agree with the first part and disagree with the second. Anyone who has EMPATHY for Arthur is going to think the gun makes him the heroic star he is at the end, rather than the lonely failure he is at the start.
  22. I was wondering about this, it can be explained away but I doubt creative gets into it. I'm wondering why Drew was a top 5 pick. What the hell did he show this year where a network would be begging for him to be on their brand.
  23. And AEW is killing it in the 18+ demos more than doubling NXT so even with their drop this past week they are doing real well for TNT. More than expected.
  24. I doubt it. NBA 2K hasn't changed except for moving more towards monetization on a $60 game and doing more with story mode. As we've all stated multiple times, there's zero incentive for 2K to change what they're doing with the WWE series as long as people keep buying it. This year you're seeing a hit in graphics, probably physics too, because they parted ways with Yukes and then hired a lot of new employees making for probably way too much turnover for a yearly game. So something was going to take a hit and so far it's how visually appealing it is.
  25. 12/9/15 Takeover: London go-home. Enzo and Big Cass Vs Corey Hollis and John Skylar: Hollis and Skylar have their own music now. This is to showcase an aggressive side to Enzo and Cass as they get ready to face Dash and Dawson at Takeover. They don't do their shtick coming out, but do cut a promo after the match, in theory a serious promo, but Cass looked and sounded absolutely ridiculous trying to be intense. Tom is with Dana and Emma backstage. Emma says there would be no divas revolution without her. The highlight of this is Dana making Tom scrunch down so she can pat him on the head. Let me speak on Dana real quick. I was all ready to just mercilessly take her apart, to talk about how worthless she is and how she has no redeeming qualities as a wrestler. Well, I was wrong. Dana is awesome. Super entertaining character, and really good in her role. Yeah, she's no great shakes in the ring, but she definitely deserved more on the main roster, and it's a shame that her only use on the main roster was being the Roadie to Charlotte's Double J (man, that's apt). As an all talk, no action lower card heel, Dana is the bomb. Asuka Vs Deonna Purrazzo: Emma and Dana come out mid-match, but the distraction doesn't work as Asuka hits Deonna with a roundhouse kick to win the match by ref stoppage. Emma looks very concerned. The Hype Bros Vs Blake and Murphy: Both teams have backstage bits before the match. The Hype Bros cut a promo in which Mojo compares Blake and Murphy to 'number twos'. This is absolutely terrible. Then Alexa blames Blake and Murphy for her loss to Bayley, but it turns out she's just trying to motivate them for this match. The Hype Bros are deplorable characters, but I like the energy they bring to the crowd. I miss Blake and Murphy as a competitive tag team. They look good in this match, and I think they might take it a couple of times, but ultimately it's the Hype Bros that get the win. Bayley vs Peyton Royce: Peyton is a heel, and her gimmick seems to be that she comes out with a flower that she likes to smell. Not a patch on Wade Barrett's flower-related gimmick. Short but competitive match won by Bayley. Nia Jax and Eva Marie come out. Eva starts to talk and gets the Vickie Guerrero treatment from the crowd (ie. they boo her so loud she can't continue). Then Nia grabs the mic from her and says she doesn't need anyone to talk for her. I beg to differ, as Nia sucks on the mic. Backstage, Finn Balor and Apollo Crews are getting ready for their tag match. Apollo says that after they win their matches at Takeover, they're going to settle the question of which one of them is that man in NXT. Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin Vs Finn Balor and Apollo Crews: This doesn't get long, but is decent enough. Finish sees Joe trap Finn in the Kokina as Corbin and Crews brawl to the back. Balor ends up passing out. They're really going all out to heat Joe up, and I like it. Takeover has been pretty well built up to, but on paper the card doesn't look too good to me. I think the only match I'm looking forward to, and have any expectations for, is Asuka/Emma. I guess I'm interested to see what Joe can do with Finn. I don't give a shit about Nia or Enzo and Cass challenging. Corbin/Crews does nothing for me either. We'll see, I guess. Episode MVP: Dana Brooke.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?