DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I hope he was able to pay off his student loan.
  3. I've been looking forward to this ever since someone said it was Rosemary's Baby crossed with Network, but it actually exceeded my expectations. It feels like a spiritual successor to The Exorcist. I watch a lot of horror and consider a film making me jump or have a guttural reaction a great compliment to the filmmakers but when... SPOILERS... I swear I had goosebumps run all the way from my toes to my scalp. Haven't reacted like that to a movie in over a decade. I'll see how I feel in a few days but this could be the best movie I've seen since Uncut Gems. Hope this is a big success love to see what Shudder(?) could make next with a bigger budget.
  4. Well, they could be like "Yay, I get to see it from my own couch, like it was meant to be!", but I guess not? As for rest of Dynamite, Young Bucks bumping the FTR video package due to "time constraints" because The Elite had a match next anyway, as well as Matthew micro-managing the commentary was dick-move brilliance, once again. As far as the trios match went, it's so funny to see PAC in almost any setting running circles around everyone else, to the point where it's like "it's kinda unfair that anyone should have to face this cyborg with a malfunctioning compassion chip in the ring". He can lose most of the time and still be about the most credible opponent for pretty much anyone. OC having no friends to combat STP ended up badly for him, despite getting the win. Ospreay vs Claudio was super, but what else could happen? Ospreay not being on the same page with the rest of the Callis Family was obvious to anyone, except for Callis, who is really grasping at straws at this point. Ospreay has no need for you and I'm pretty sure this will come to a head at Dynasty. Damn, Nana almost played the part of Paul Heyman, if it wasn't for Swerve's last second save. It sure feels like Swerve may indeed take it at the PPV, or we may be in for a big swer... er, surprise. I don't like putting this into the universe, but Hangman or Keith Lee could still be waiting in the wings to ruin things for him... let's hope not.
  5. Finally got to the end of Supercard of Honor. The Stardom six woman match was high speed, indeed. Any addition of Stardom women into AEW women's division should be exciting. Kinda like in '95 WWF, the All Japan Women brought something completely new, albeit for one night back then. Both Women's title matches were very good. I wonder if Amanata will now challenge Athena next? Dalton vs Johnny TV was entertaining, but it's probably good that this one is over with. The tag title match was good enough, the six man open challenge was a good surprise, and the main event was intense af. Too bad that Briscoe finally winning the title is kinda like Tommy Dreamer winning the WWECW title back in 2009 at this point. Still, they created a wonderful moment and the match was indeed a war!
  6. Sure, but he noticeably talked shit about NJPW when the Elite left despite most signs pointing to NJPW giving him and the group a ton of freedom for a good year or two. He noticeably talked shit about WWE when AEW was forming. Then when Cody left AEW he specifically claimed all the anti-WWE stuff was Cody despite it having mostly coming from Omega and Khan back then. Not saying his wrong, but I think Omega is far more political than he pretends. Not talking crap about CM Punk when its been reported everyone but Tony Khan has basically moved on doesn't really say much.
  7. Omega wouldn't say anything bad about the guy his company hates more than just about anyone on Earth to the point they built an episode of one of their TV shows around burying him a few weeks back.
  8. Hanging out at the rainbow where John Lennon used to drink with Alice Cooper for the dedication of Lemmys ashes
  9. I kind of disagree. Omega tends to noticeably bad mouth or air grievances during political times with his promotions. Not to say he isn't wrong, but the implication he is making without actually saying it is pretty dark and rather shitty of him if not true. It seems off given how many seem to actually like Ogawa, but that doesn't necessarily say much since some predators know how to hide themselves well.
  10. Got my "summer diet care package" in the mail earlier this week. Bunch of burners and essential amino acids plus one container of pre-workout/pump volumizer and a testo-booster. Yeah, the flu also got me good, but I am feeling a bit better now and if I had to get sick, this was definitely the time for it to happen, and not a few weeks from now. This way, I still have time to fully get over this before the diet actually starts.
  11. Hanging out at the rainbow where John Lennon used to drink with Alice Cooper for the dedication of Lemmys ashes
  12. Knight/AJ was solid though I think I liked their WM match more. The introduction of the new tag titles was nice. The new belts look really good. The 4-way right after was clusterfuck in the best of ways. Glad the Profits won. The whole Solo/Heyman/Tama/KO segment was damn good. Solo making moves has been great. I love that his Bloodline is so much more vicious and savage. Will be fun to see how crazy they let it get, especially if Jacob Fatu is actually signed. Carlito/Santos was alright but easily the weakest match tonight. Naomi/Bayley built into something good only to be ruined by Tiffany as it felt like they were reaching a new height. I assume we get a triple threat at Backlash. Pretty solid episode with some worthwhile matches and a standout segment with Solo taking over the Bloodline and a bloody KO.
  13. I forgot how annoying CPU can be in older fighting games, and inputs for moves were harder to do. I switched to playing KOF 96.
  14. Movies today.... It's All About Love (Criterion Channel, leaving at the end of the month) How To Have Sex (Mubi, not leaving any time soon as far as I know, watched this off and on last several weeks) The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (saw at the theater) The House on Telegraph Hill (Criterion Channel, leaving at the end of the month)
  15. Was at the museum of death this afternoon… he really was does
  16. Meanwhile, on LVL UP: Riley Osborne d Kale Dixon - I will assume this was flippy and competent but I'm too tired for it right now. Karmen Petrovic d. Wren Sinclair, in another really solid base performance from Wren, possibly the best Petrovic has looked outside of her very chippy series with Lola. I think this suffered a bit from being face-face and I'm not sure what Petrovic is going for with her makeup, but she has some great kicks and counters. The commentary re Wren's Harry Potter fandom was off-putting and infantilizing, which seems to be happening more and more as the NXT Women's division skews younger, but that's a concern for another time. Hank & Tank d Javier Bernal and Drake Morreaux in a very big, dumb, fun display of horseplay.
  17. Someone buy me that tye dye Bayley shirt, respectfully.
  18. Cody's belt is called the Undisputed WWE Championship, they dropped the Universal part on tv and on the official webpage of Superstars. The championship is still two titles into one, so two title histories and one belt. Multiple lineages too.
  19. My wife and I are using “okey dokey” entirely too much.
  20. https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1781512050293842386?t=pXUHFoEwBzq1Td0Y5-bRDA&s=19 Kenny Omega never says anything bad about anyone so for him to go after Rossy like that is a real eye opener.
  21. So glad the WWE Penny Tag Team Championship are no more. The bronze was terrible, the silver was an upgrade by comparison but all belts should be gold. Few pull of the gold/silver and gold/nickel look. I can only say that about the IWGP Heavyweight Championship V3 and V4.
  22. The best tag team belts ever from WWF 80s-90s. Fittingly when the original WWE roster split began in 2002 and Smackdown needed their own tag team belts, the design was based on those.
  23. TNA Rebellion 2024 - April 20, 2024 from Paradise, NV @ The Palms TNA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH Moose(c) vs. Nic Nemeth TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH Jordynne Grace(c) vs. Steph de Lander TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH The System (Brian Myers & Eddie Edwards)(c) (w/ Alisha) vs. Speedball Mountain (Speedball Mike Bailey & Trent Seven) TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH Mustafa Ali(c) vs. Jake Something LAST MAN STANDING Josh Alexander vs. Hammerstone FULL METAL MAYHEM Eric Young vs. Frankie Kazarian Joe Hendry vs. Rich Swann (w/ AJ Francis) DJ Ashba performs the National Anthem PRESHOW: TNA KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH Spitfire (Dani Luna & Jody Threat)(c) (w/ Lars Frederiksen) vs. Decay (Rosemary & Havok) TNA DIGITAL MEDIA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH Crazzy Steve(c) vs. Laredo Kid Ace Austin, Chris Bey, & Leon Slater vs. The Rascalz (Trey Miguel, Zachary Wentz, & Myron Reed) Plus "who will show up when the lights go out"
  1. Load more activity