DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Just because of the name of the thread - I am mentioning this
  3. Thanks for sticking that in my brain too, Nate. I hate you. Even worse, the version of My Funny Valentine I hear in my head when I see the movie title is the creepy awesome version sung by Matt Damon in The Talented Mr. Ripley.
  4. That's pretty much where everyone should be at. Not jumping on her because she could be in the right, and not jumping on AEW because it could be nothing. If everyone's happy, then let it be. It may be a stone no one wants kicked over. And if its something more, then you can be sure it'll happen again at some point.
  5. My mind is still unpacking, so I totally forgot about that. I definitely need to go see it a second time for the sake of detail now that I am prepped for the nihilism.
  6. Well, at least I can make a Big Van Vader.
  7. Not every post credit scene can be as memorable as the one from Homecoming.
  8. I tried to keep my thoughts on the hush for the folks like me that waited until doomsday to go see it, but yeah. I believe that Arthur's mental deterioration explains away how nearly everyone in the movie that he encounters is a horrible person. After all, this is the guy who says himself that all he has are negative thoughts. All of the events of the movie are warped by Arthur's perception even though we as the audience are supposed to be all seeing third parties with unfiltered perspective. It is frightening to slowly watch him degrade to the state of consciousness where he doesn't even recognize innocence anymore, much less basic humanity. The only real pure souls he acknowledges in the haze of his insanity are the kid on the bus who he tries to get to laugh and Sophie, but after a while the madness takes hold and he just objectifies everyone. Once you do that to people, it makes them easier to kill without regard.
  9. I was 9 when the original Phantasm was released, so there was no way I would have been allowed to see it in a theater. Though I do have vivid memories of tuning in an old black and white television to a UHF station to see it a few years later. (If you've never seen classic genre films on a static-y UHF station, you're really missing out.) It was, however, probably the first film I can remember that was a mindbender. The concept of non-linearism, multiple timelines, timespace, etc... storylines didn't click with me until the mid-80s. (Even though I had been a Doctor Who fan since the mid-70s!) The combination of the chemistry of the main cast, the Tall Man, the 'Cuda, and the overall fantastic tone of the film hooked me hard. It's a film I love to revisit often and am really looking forward to WellGo USA's new box set with the remastered Phantasm II.
  10. Clearly, thats NXT:Japan in the making.
  11. Even some of the supporters are apeshit crazy dour assholes. Yes, society can be cruel. No, no one deserves to be abused or bullied. No, the story of the Joker is not a revenge tale.
  12. Yeah, I think your final point is sound. So much of the movie has to be viewed through that lens. Especially the sequence starting at the stairs at the end of the movie. But frankly, Thomas Wayne's story is generally told by someone who didn't know him (Bruce), or who has an active interest in keeping him sanctified (Alfred, Wayne Co., etc.), so I wasn't that put off by that. Mainly because it's a generally unexplored story.
  13. I was always a fan of that character design. Even moreso when Adam Hughes in a fit of brilliance drew in Audrey Hepburn in the role of Selena Kyle.
  14. My general answer to this is “the fuss is people who wanted to hate the movie for a moral high ground hated it, surprise” and that’s it.
  15. I think that might be Seth Petruzelli who is a striking coach there. If so then at least he works there and it kind of makes sense for him to train Tyson (working on worked punches)
  16. AJP, W-1, DragonGate will team up on Osaka Edion Arena 12/31. Wonder Carnival.
  17. Eh, at this point until it's verified what happened I think it's best to just move on from it. Could be a scandal, could be a mental health issue dealing with increased fame. Both shouldn't be ruled out yet if she's trying to move on with wherever she wrestles then I'd rather not speculate further on this.
  18. So yeah. I finally saw Joker over the weekend. It was fucking great and I also don't see what all of the fuss is about. Joker's origin is indeed very tragic, but the monster that Arthur eventually becomes is not a sympathetic creature. One thing bugged me:
  19. Please tell me that he actually did hurt his ankle taking a shoulder tackle. That isn't a promising sign Also I assume the person training Fury in wrestling isn't actually an NXT coach which makes the segment even dumber
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?