DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Gossett is absolutely fantastic in the HBO Watchmen series. I was happy to see him get a showcase at that stage of his career.
  3. I believe there's a clearance issue. Blatant abuse of power to win matches sounds in-line with House of Torture chicanery, and I'm not sure you want that anymore than I do. The logic here is their EVP tags don't carry as much weight as they'd like. I suspect this will be revealed in time.
  4. Fuck, Lou Gossett Jr died at age 87. It's an Iron Eagle weekend, I guess.
  5. Big appetite for wrestling this week led me to a rare viewing of NXT. Kinda blown away by the Dijak v Spears opener. I'd heard good things, and was interested. I've always appreciated Spears as a good hand, but he seemed to transcend that job filing here. The where's my chair bit was silly, but fine. Those overhand chops from Dijak! Spears as good as he was here, should drop the dramatic Chairman entrance. It's corny and doesn't fit him. I skipped to Dragunov v Stacks, and again enjoyed what I saw. Fun seeing Dragunov in a TV match like this. I've only ever seen him in epics. I love his selling and bumping to which this was a great showcase. The Ridge Holland retirement was way better than I'd expected from the little talk I heard. Very natural and Holland completely pulled it off. Ffwd to the Corbin/Bron v Tozawa/Otis Main Event. This Corbin/Bron team is just tremendous. Otis is a fun sports entertainer and good meat man. Fun, fun, fun TV match. Loved the table spot and everything the Wolf Dogs did on offense. Amusing pre-match Corbin/Bron/Good Bros skit. Bron seems better off in a team, but Corbin badly needs a makeover. He always looks so pasty (as discussed) and generic (he routinely sports some of the worst looking ring wear in the game - somebody help him). Perhaps the tattoos look better to others. Lastly, the Prime Target Trick Williams/Carmelo Hayes Videos! This is the future of pro wrestling, and I'm not talking abut the two blue chippers being promoted. All broadcasts should strive for promotional work as good as these. Pleasant surprise from NXT!
  6. I wanna say the last time the briefcase was switched via a match was Mr. Kennedy losing it to Edge, who cashed in on Taker. So, while it's not without precedent, remember, they're in Philadelphia and doing something that dumb would cause a riot.
  7. You definitely aren't wrong, but by the same token, I think there's still something to be said for the conventional wisdom of holding back her first AEW bout for PPV - Id imagine the roadmap looks something like Punk's when he came in (individualized hype for "First Rampage Appearance!!", "First Dynamite Match!!", etc.) ETA: taking the Japan injury into consideration, it's also entirely possible it's a shake off the rust/light duty situation with her for a bit
  8. Harold Perrineau has had a good career, but based on how much he pops off the screen on Oz and his Mercutio being the standout part of Romeo + Juliet, I’d still say it’s been underwhelming.
  9. Today
  10. The first volume of White Sand, a previously unpublished novel by Brandon Sanderson that he's tried to turn into a graphic novel a couple of times, was OK. There's some interesting world building in there, but the art is absolutely doing it no favors.
  11. That's the one thing this heel turn from the Bucks is missing - blatant abuse of power to win matches. I'm definitely not saying they should be heel authority figures and making matches and such, but they should be leveraging their position to their benefit a lot more. They should have a crooked referee calling their matches calling thing right down the middle Fonzie style.
  12. What did he say when Corbin ribbed him about his head hitting the top rope that one time? "It's kinda hard when you're running 35 miles an hour?"
  13. If AEW is the "workrate" company, then why is she not working? All I hear about her is that she was the best in-ring female the WWE had in forever, and TK hasn't put her in the ring once. Show me her work, or get her off my tv.
  14. My enjoyment of the first 3 weeks of Mercedes Mone is on par with most around here, but ex-Superstars often need time to adjust. Miro was shit upon until he found his God. Some might say it took Toni Storm over a year to figure things out. Go back and look at what ppl had to say about Brodie Lee for the first patch. Mone's week 2 with the video throw was the worst. Week 1 was completely fine. Week 3 commentary wasn't great, but also not worthy of the degree of shit. When she's finally cleared(?) and able to lace up the boots for a bout I'm pretty confident this shitflinging will subside.
  15. I feel Moné is being set up to turn heel pretty quickly. The obnoxious business speak and focus on herself and her accomplishments, and fuckin with our beloved Willow? C'mon, that's not good guy vibes at all...
  16. twitter.com/wolfmansgotnard/status/1772756714032337054?s=46&t=TLNzmc8W8LCd9JNoD7tygw
  17. Another 7km run and 1km walking this morning. The roads are not yet in running condition over here, at least not completely, but I take what I can. Even an occasional run before the beginning of May gets me closer to the actual running shape I need to be in for this year's cut. Mentally, I don't feel like I'm ready yet for that madness once again, but it's still a month or so away, so I have time to get adjusted.
  18. The D-Backs dropped 14 on the Rockies in the third inning Most franchise has scored in an inning and the most runs scored in an inning on opening day since 1900
  19. https://images.footballfanatics.com/mens-black-paul-heyman-2024-wwe-hall-of-fame-t-shirt_ss5_p-201347806+pv-1+u-0bzxhdwqmxakricv92uu+v-3rdkdbmqvwhwbiea9urh.jpg?_hv=2&w=900 Best one IMO.
  20. https://shop.wwe.com/en/c-14532?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-HP}{al-C2_spot}{ct-Hall_of_Fame}{Shop_Now} Hall of Fame shirts.
  21. Here's the shirt: https://shop.wwe.com/en/mens-bull-nakano-green-2024-wwe-hall-of-fame-t-shirt/p-245578706225719893+z-95-1895043369?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1
  22. https://shop.wwe.com/en/c-14532?ab={wt-static_graphic}{pt-HP}{al-C2_spot}{ct-Hall_of_Fame}{Shop_Now} Hall of Fame shirts.
  23. Quoting you so you see this as tagging isn't working: https://shop.wwe.com/en/mens-bull-nakano-green-2024-wwe-hall-of-fame-t-shirt/p-245578706225719893+z-95-1895043369?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1
  24. Could the Rock's Bloodline steal Priest's case and cash it in on a newly crowned Cody so we leave WM with the Final Boss as champ? Not that I'm putting that out into the ether or anything, I just wondered if that's a thing that could plausibly happen? I'm not an avid WWE watcher so don't know.
  25. Here is the template for this week: EVENT #29 LFA 180: Lawrence vs. Ward (03/29/2024) - Louisville, KY (Broadbent Arena) Lance Lawrence vs. Landry Ward - Kegan Agnew vs. Richie Miranda - Dustin Parrish vs. Victor Valenzuela - Angelo Robles vs. Kibedy Gordon - Ben Parrish vs. Alik Lorenz - Joshua Perreira vs. Jesse Martinelli - EVENT #30 Urijah Faber's A1 Combat 19: Juarez vs. Kaldar (03/29/2024) - Wheatland, CA (Hard Rock Live) Ernie Juarez vs. Abdikabyl Kaldar - Namiki Kawahara vs. Anthony Do - Kevem Felipe vs. Jason Butcher - Billy Brand vs. Brandon Spencer - Katarina Legorreta vs. Annabel Kelly - Sczar Charles vs. Jimmy Dixon - Jessie Rosas vs. Keenan Lewis - BONUS EVENT #1 Top Rank Boxing on ESPN: Valdez vs. Wilson (03/29/2024) - Glendale, AZ (Desert Diamond Arena) Interim WBO Super Featherweight Championship: Oscar Valdez vs. Liam Wilson - WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/Ring Magazine Female Strawweight Championship: Seniesa Estrada vs. Yokasta Valle - Richard Torrez Jr. vs. Don Haynesworth - Raymond Muratalla vs. Xolisani Ndongeni - Emiliano Vargas vs. Nelson Hampton - Sergio Rodriguez vs. Sanny Duversonne - Lindolfo Delgado vs. Carlos Sanchez - Art Barrera Jr. vs. Keven Soto - Alan Garcia vs. Gonzalo Fuenzalida - Ricardo Ruvalcaba vs. Avner Hernández - EVENT #31 Cage Warriors 169: Vucenic vs. D'Anna (03/30/2024) - London, England, United Kingdom (Indigo At The O2) Jordan Vucenic vs. Simone D'Anna - Lone'er Kavanagh vs. Shawn Marcos Da Silva - Will Currie vs. Leon Aliu - Darren Stewart vs. Carlos Pereira - Jamie Richardson vs. Olli Santalahti - BONUS EVENT #2 Golden Boy Boxing on DAZN: Goulimarian vs. Zurdo (03/30/2024) - Inglewood, CA (YouTube Theater) Arsen Goulamirian vs. Gilberto Ramirez - Alexis Rocha vs. Fredrick Lawson - Santiago Dominguez vs. Jose Sanchez - Kareem Hackett vs. Rowdy Legend Montgomery - Ricardo Sandoval vs. Carlos Buitrago - Joel Iriarte vs. Kevin Beltran Aguirre - Jose Mancilla vs. Rueben Johnson - Deni Davtian vs. DaJuan Robinson - Johnny Canas vs. Daniel Lugo - EVENT #32 UFC Fight Night 54 on ESPN: Blanchfield vs. Fiorot (03/30/2024) - Atlantic City, NJ (Boardwalk Hall) Erin Blanchfield vs. Manon Fiorot - Vicente Luque vs. Joaquin Buckley - Bruno Silva vs. Chris Weidman - Nursulton Ruziboev vs. Sedriques Dumas - Bill Algeo vs. Kyle Nelson - Chidi Njokuani vs. Rhys McKee - Nate Landwehr vs. Jamall Emmers - Virna Jandiroba vs. Lupita Godinez - Julio Arce vs. Herbert Burns - Connor Matthews vs. Dennis Buzukja - Ibo Aslan vs. Anton Turkalj - Melissa Gatto vs. Viktoriia Dudakova - Andre Petroski vs. Jacob Malkoun - Angel Pacheco vs. Caolán Loughran - EVENT #33 PBC on Prime Video PPV: Tszyu vs. Fundora (03/30/2024) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena) WBC & WBO Super Welterweight Championship: Tim Tszyu vs. Sebastian Fundora - WBA World Super Lightweight Championship: Rolando Romero vs. Isaac Cruz - WBA World Middleweight Championship: Erislandy Lara vs. Michael Zerafa - WBC Flyweight Championship: Julio Cesar Martinez vs. Angelino Cordova - Elijah Garcia vs. Kyrone Davis - Curmel Moton vs. Anthony Cuba - Interim WBC Super Welterweight Championship: Serhii Bohachuk vs. Brian Mendoza - Mirco Cuello vs. Sulaiman Segawa - Justin Viloria vs. Erick Garcia - Kaipo Gallegos vs. Eric Howard - Adrian Neaves vs. Steven Walker - The Friday events deadline is March 29, 6:00 p.m. CT. The Event #31 deadline is Saturday, March 30, 12:45 p.m. CT. The remaining Saturday events deadline is March 30, 5:30 p.m. CT.
  1. Load more activity