DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/wp/prod/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2017/06/Wolf-Gladiators-port-.jpg
  3. This is good point about Naomi and one of the reasons why her and Shayna have good matches, Shayna does a bunch of little things (staggering, delaying getting up) that makes Naomi's offense look better.
  4. Considering AJPW’s longstanding policy of making current foreigners cosplay as famous foreigners of the past, I’m surprised they haven’t put Cyrus in Vader’s ring gear, dressed Lord Crewe up like Brody, etc.
  5. He STILL looks underweight in that picture, it's time to move up a division or two my man.
  6. Today
  7. I don't watch WWE weekly TV so I can't comment on the show content, but I do see clips on Twitter and while I think on one hand the 'Kevin Dunn is gone so WWE is better' line of thinking is focused on too much, on the other hand it is indeed so much more watchable without his methods. I love the 'backstage to stage' shots, the one-take shots in the back, all of it. Presentation is so important and while I knew I didn't like Dunn's style, the changes are just so obvious that I do feel they deserve credit. Whoever they hired in his place is making much better decisions, I thought at WM they missed a few spots which will happen in wrestling but overall its night and day.
  8. "It is with great sadness that we announce former International Champion Orange Cassidy has been mauled by wolves."
  9. @Casey As always I'm trying not to give you the most, most famous thing so not the Dibiase vs Duggan tuxedo match for Mid-South. Instead Duggan vs Buzz Sawyer. I don't think it was on youtube so I tossed it on a burner.
  10. He did use a Million Dollar Arm finisher for a little while.
  11. X-Men Red vol 4 (covering the Arrako Civil War right after the Hellfire Gala massacre) was OK, but felt like there pages missing here and there. Weird time jumps. A weird out of nowhere ending. A bit disappointing.
  12. For those who like some hittin' Sayaka & Rina Yamashita had a fun one at ChocoPro earlier today - it should be up on their youtube shortly (10am Sunday JST) Whole show was fun, albeit the other 2 were mixed tags so not strictly joshi per se.
  13. Tony looks like the dad in an 80s sitcom where a lovable Soviet soldier accidentally lands in America and befriends the kids of a suburban family and they have to hide him from the nosy neighbors.
  14. assuming no one has brought up that Solo hasn't won a match in over 6 months? if wins and losses are supposed to matter as he said in his promo, he should have been the first one kicked out of the group
  15. It looks like a Carolina Panthers uniform.
  16. It will also test how much of a viewership NXT really gets if that is the case. Most people now perceive quick Goldberg like wins as them hiding his ability in the ring. That is what they think of Jade and they aren't really wrong. While Bron isn't ready for some 30 minute main event like match, we all know he can have a banger 15 minute
  17. I know I'm partisan, but I honestly don't have a clue of anything Drake Maye actually does better than McCarthy except "be tall."
  18. God I want Miami to ruin Boston's season so fucking badly. I hate the fucking Celtics so much and it would be hilarious.
  19. Pushing for AEW to get Veer just to release a “RINKU SINGH IS COMING” graphic to announce his arrival How does one have a guy whose story was in a movie called Million Dollar Arm and his finisher isn’t a callback to that phrase? Although I guess with his the vignettes defined him, his finish should have been Val Venus’ Money Shot splash
  20. I hope he was able to pay off his student loan.
  21. I've been looking forward to this ever since someone said it was Rosemary's Baby crossed with Network, but it actually exceeded my expectations. It feels like a spiritual successor to The Exorcist. I watch a lot of horror and consider a film making me jump or have a guttural reaction a great compliment to the filmmakers but when... SPOILERS... I swear I had goosebumps run all the way from my toes to my scalp. Haven't reacted like that to a movie in over a decade. I'll see how I feel in a few days but this could be the best movie I've seen since Uncut Gems. Hope this is a big success love to see what Shudder(?) could make next with a bigger budget.
  22. Well, they could be like "Yay, I get to see it from my own couch, like it was meant to be!", but I guess not? As for rest of Dynamite, Young Bucks bumping the FTR video package due to "time constraints" because The Elite had a match next anyway, as well as Matthew micro-managing the commentary was dick-move brilliance, once again. As far as the trios match went, it's so funny to see PAC in almost any setting running circles around everyone else, to the point where it's like "it's kinda unfair that anyone should have to face this cyborg with a malfunctioning compassion chip in the ring". He can lose most of the time and still be about the most credible opponent for pretty much anyone. OC having no friends to combat STP ended up badly for him, despite getting the win. Ospreay vs Claudio was super, but what else could happen? Ospreay not being on the same page with the rest of the Callis Family was obvious to anyone, except for Callis, who is really grasping at straws at this point. Ospreay has no need for you and I'm pretty sure this will come to a head at Dynasty. Damn, Nana almost played the part of Paul Heyman, if it wasn't for Swerve's last second save. It sure feels like Swerve may indeed take it at the PPV, or we may be in for a big swer... er, surprise. I don't like putting this into the universe, but Hangman or Keith Lee could still be waiting in the wings to ruin things for him... let's hope not.
  23. Finally got to the end of Supercard of Honor. The Stardom six woman match was high speed, indeed. Any addition of Stardom women into AEW women's division should be exciting. Kinda like in '95 WWF, the All Japan Women brought something completely new, albeit for one night back then. Both Women's title matches were very good. I wonder if Amanata will now challenge Athena next? Dalton vs Johnny TV was entertaining, but it's probably good that this one is over with. The tag title match was good enough, the six man open challenge was a good surprise, and the main event was intense af. Too bad that Briscoe finally winning the title is kinda like Tommy Dreamer winning the WWECW title back in 2009 at this point. Still, they created a wonderful moment and the match was indeed a war!
  24. Sure, but he noticeably talked shit about NJPW when the Elite left despite most signs pointing to NJPW giving him and the group a ton of freedom for a good year or two. He noticeably talked shit about WWE when AEW was forming. Then when Cody left AEW he specifically claimed all the anti-WWE stuff was Cody despite it having mostly coming from Omega and Khan back then. Not saying his wrong, but I think Omega is far more political than he pretends. Not talking crap about CM Punk when its been reported everyone but Tony Khan has basically moved on doesn't really say much.
  25. Omega wouldn't say anything bad about the guy his company hates more than just about anyone on Earth to the point they built an episode of one of their TV shows around burying him a few weeks back.
  1. Load more activity