DVDVR Message Board

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017

Redbox is selling a few games for cheap. You don't get the original case, so if that's an issue, keep that in mind. YMMV on your local Redbox machine. I know for a fact that Doom PS4 and Agents of Mayhem PS4 are going for five bucks apiece and Everybody's Golf is going for ten bucks. I bought the latter two games that I listed tonight, in fact.
  3. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Oh yeah, this was a very good show as expected. But I didn't expect Almas winning the title! I didn't like the changes to the WarGames rules, but it was still plenty of fun, especially once the match beyond started. Black/Dream was GREAT and an early star-making performance for Dream. Lars looks promising and Ohno's strikes are great as always. Women's match was good, but I wish they would have taken advantage of the two rings in the match structure (two wrestlers in one ring and two in the other all fighting at the same time). Drew/Almas was good and I didn't expect Almas to win. Too bad about Drew's injury. All the matches delivered the good in some capacity. Hope Survivor Series is close to this quality (but I'm sadly expecting lots of mediocre and/or terrible booking for it).
  4. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Exactly like that, yes.
  5. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Like this?
  6. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

7. Today
  8. 2017 NCAAF: WEEK 12

The SEC put a rule in that teams had to play a game during the week before Thanksgiving. Some teams responded by setting up the SEC/FCS Challenge for the week before Thanksgiving.
  9. NOV 2017 MOVIE THREAD

Watched Bullitt tonight. Had forgotten how many 70s stand bys were in it besides McQueen, Bisset and Robert Vaughn: Norman Fell, Vic Tayback, Georg Sanford Brown, Simon Oakland and Robert Duvall. Also watched It HappenedTomorrow, with dick Powell and linda darnell. More slapstick than I expected. Worth a watch.
  10. RIZIN will stream both events live again on FITE. Each stream will be $19.99 invidually as always or $29.99 for pack with both events.
  11. NOV 2017 TV THREAD

Its just IP farming.
  12. NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Compared to Hogan, Sting was a young up and comer. Similar to how I still treat my teen nephew like he is four years old.
  13. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Kyle O'Reilly with the Terry Funk tribute in the WarGames match was fantastic.
  14. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

I hope the broadcast showed how much the crowd got behind Velveteen Dream. That was a star making performance. Also, Pete Dunne / Johnny Gargano was great. War Games lived up to its history. It was pure chaos. I’m fine with the finish by pinfall because it was out someone out of their misery time. Best show I’ve ever been to live.
  15. NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Like when Hogan came in and referred to him as a young up and comer...
  16. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Kurrgan's finisher was the claw slam. It probably hasn't been used since.
  17. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Dream/Black was excellent. Great story, match, and character work from both guys. Both came out looking good and the crowd was hot all the way through. Loved it. Womens match felt a little short but a cool moment for Ember to see her win the title. I would've probably gone with Peyton but I'm happy for Ember to get her shot. Drew/Almas ended up getting really good. Was shocked by the finish and Drew definitely seemed hurt in the end which sucks if he's going to be out for some time now. Kind of reminded me of Roode/Nakamura in going in I thought Roode had no chance of winning then. Zelina Vega is perfect in her role and adds so much to Almas' character/presentation/matches. Her rana faceplant spot was great stuff. War Games was a pretty fun spectacle and really got going once it became The Match Beyond. Hated that it just had to end on a pinfall and that the finish felt a bit weak compared to some of the other stuff going on in the match. O'Reilly setting up the chain-assisted Armageddon would've been a more fitting finish for the submit or surrender theme. But the overall ending of everyone laid out from the carnage was fitting.
  18. NOV 2017 TV THREAD

If they use the original soundtrack I will be watching like Silver Shamrock Halloween special. That shit is crack.
  19. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Again i wonder if I could have gotten a cheap seat had I gone last minute. I would so love to see someone in WWE do the claw slam.
  20. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Fuck yeah! Polish hammer -> Kona Crush! Muso/claw slam for the big main events. KO/Sullivan was exactly what it should've been. Two big dudes beating each other up with lots of strikes. I know NXT is still in a transitional phase since the brand split last year (and I will argue that's largely on them for not developing stars quicker), but the future is super bright with the likes of Sullivan and Dream as homegrown guys, Kairi in the women's division, Almas on top even if temporarily and perhaps unintentionally, and Cole 'n Co. building a fun heel faction. They've got Gargano's big main event singles run to burn through too. They may be lacking a Balor star to build around but we could be in for a really fun second wind of NXT greatness. Saying all that, there were an awful lot of empty seats in that building. When they showed Funaki, Asuka and Finn... holy shit, the hard cam side looked completely empty in the lower bowl.
  21. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

If they were to give Sullivan a submission finisher as well, it should be the Kona Crush.
  22. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Polish Hammer
  23. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

I agree but with Lars' monstrously large hands, he should be doing something based around those. I can't remember, is somebody doing the claw hold/claw slam for a finish these days? Better yet, Vader's sky high chokeslam but a claw variant, that could end up like a muso.
  24. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

I've been waiting for someone in WWE to rip this off. It's a great-looking move that seems relatively safe, and a big guy like Sullivan should be able to do it to just about everyone.
  25. NXT Takeover: WARGAMES~~~!!!

Loved this show. Skipped the Ohno/Sullivan match because Ohno bores me. Black/Dream was so freaking good. I love that Dream lost the match but he won the war because he got Black to say his name. It seems like the only reason Moon won was because someone wanted to have Asuka hand the title to the new champion and they didn’t want it to be Sane winning. My guess is Moon drops the belt to the Iconic Duo at the next set of tapings. Almas/McIntrye was really good. I did enjoy Alma’s shock of winning, dropping the belt while celebrating on the ramp and Vega just directing him in everything. WarGames was 100x better than I thought it would be. I would’ve gone for a submission finish but I get why they went with a pinfall. Also Wolfe bled a lot and I’m really glad WWE doesn’t have a stop the match when someone gets busted open policy. So my early Philly predictions: Sullivan vs. Dane Cole vs. Strong Fish/O’Reilly vs Sanity - Tag Titles Moon vs. Royce - Women’s Title Black vs Almas - NXT Title
  1. Load more activity