DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

1 minute ago, Throat said:

Ace bit Kenny because Larry lacked the teeth to do it?

And he was being a real dick about it, too! Showing off, like "Hey Larry, this is what watchdogs do! Why are you being so toothless? Do I have to do everything myself around here? Some protector you are!"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'm kinda surprised that Illinois, which was one of the last states to legalize conceal carry recognizes the Castle Doctrine

Also i'm gonna pretend that Hangman Page could do his flipping clothesline in a shootfight

Isn't castle doctrine universal recognized due to supreme court decision? 

Both threads are going pretty hard right now, but Larrygate is brutal on the eyes, let me tell you.

People can say whatever they want here on DVDVR and rarely will it come back to haunt them (unless they're trying to rig March Madness in the mid 2010s by commenting on Cody Rhodes' facial expressions during a dropkick), but this is a situation where it probably makes sense not to shout all over Twitter whether or not you think Punk's lying on something that at least the company could probably confirm. There's just no gain to it. 

• Like 8

I don't even mean the Dave Meltzers of the world, too, as Dave's frustration is that it's all at odds with what sources had previously told him, so it's more about the consistency of his own sources (and his own personal honor being impugned) than the situation of the whole....

BUT

Dave hates the Larry story even more than he hates the idea of JYD in his HOF, which is a lot.

43 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

In 2022, who knows about The Nine anymore?

Time to go full Andrew Jackson!

No, not like that. 

No, not like that, either.

I mean, just ignore SCOTUS, they can't enforce their decisions. Only go full Andrew Jackson like that.

Let's make this a wrestling post now. Which 19th Century POTUS would have made the best pro wrestler? It's Jackson, right? That dude would be a heat magnet. 

I don't like Punk, but would love to see Punk/Old Hickory in a cage. 

Just now, Dog said:

Lincoln literally was a pro wrestler.

Yeah, but dude was built like El Gigante. 

He'd be better as the comedic manager who does all the talking for some no-charisma bum like Franklin Pierce. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Yeah, but dude was built like El Gigante. 

He'd be better as the comedic manager who does all the talking for some no-charisma bum like Franklin Pierce. 

According to Jim Cornette's podcast "Lincoln had three moves and one of them was putting on the top hat"

13 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Let's make this a wrestling post now. Which 19th Century POTUS would have made the best pro wrestler? It's Jackson, right? That dude would be a heat magnet. 

More heat than constant Van Buran boys run-ins? 

Jefferson would have been a pioneer in French catch.

The people would have known Quincy only got his spot because of who his dad was.

Was Punk's locker room on the west of the arena? How far away were the Elite dressing? Maybe when he's done with the Castle Doctrine he can make an equally shaky defense citing the Monroe Doctrine. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Teddy "The Bear" Roosevelt literally used to hold bareknuckle bouts  in the oval office. Plus he knew jui-jutsu.

20th Century POTUS, but the obvious answer for that century. 

EDIT: Am I talking to an Edmund Morris fan right now?

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

18 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The people would have known Quincy only got his spot because of who his dad was.

"Daddy Said Sell!"

Ulysses  "Unconditional Surrender" Grant had a great pro-wrestling name

Jefferson doing an a rich snob gimmick who claims french catch was better than American Folk style would have been money

Edited by zendragon
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, zendragon said:

That's my bad teddy just missed the cut off, Change my answer to James Buchanan doing a version of Gorgeous George. And I didn't know who Edmund Morris was but google says I might enjoy his books

Read his Theo Roosevelt trilogy. You won't be disappointed. 

Quincy would be out here doing a Dean Douglas gimmick. He'd be low-midcard status 4 Life. 

• Like 1