DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

A few months back, somebody on Twitter did a fun thread of pics of wrestlers who let their appearance go when they were on their way out of a promotion. In retrospect, should we not have seen this coming when Punk returned with the stringy long hair and scraggly gray beard? He was clearly out of fucks to give.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, EVA said:

A few months back, somebody on Twitter did a fun thread of pics of wrestlers who let their appearance go when they were on their way out of a promotion. In retrospect, should we not have seen this coming when Punk returned with the stringy long hair and scraggly gray beard? He was clearly out of fucks to give.

You're right but he was fighting the walking dead as his alter ego, Rock Grimes so...

?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You're right but he was fighting the walking dead as his alter ego, Rock Grimes so...

?.

I kept confusing Rick Grimes and Frank Grimes when people made this comparison, and have been picturing CM Punk running around chewing on electrical cables and antagonising Miro because Tony Khan lets the Young Bucks do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

39 minutes ago, EVA said:

Do you happen to recall who did that thread? That sounds hilarious. I'd love to see it.

12 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

I kept confusing Rick Grimes and Frank Grimes when people made this comparison, and have been picturing CM Punk running around chewing on electrical cables and antagonising Miro because Tony Khan lets the Young Bucks do it.

Legit LOL. Cheers, @SturmCRF. Ditto for not calling out the stupid word correct.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Maybe you should. We're a week and two days in and the news has stopped completely to the point where people ran around with their heads cut off on a two day crazy cycle about the Bucks potentially leaving based off of some WON MMA writer hypothesizing on that board and now the news of today is that Bix is feuding with Becky Bayless. Worst timeline.

• Like 3

The state of wrestling "news" is a microcosm for today's news in general.  Some dude speculated something, and then questionable newz sites created articles out of whole cloth and advertised them with gotcha headlines?  Sounds about right.

I read one of these "Bucks put out feelers to WWE" stories yesterday and and was literally three paragraphs of absolute bullshit.  I was frankly impressed by the writer's ability to write so much and say so little.  It's a talent, I guess.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, EVA said:

If you watch the press conf with Aaron Rodgers from Sunday night he actually looked like a splitting image of Phil Brooks. I for a second thought Punk's presser was being shown on ESPN but it was actually Aaron ranting about his rookie receivers making mistakes. No comparison to Target managers was made ironically even though they were in Minnesota 

7 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

Vic Grimes> Rick and Frank 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Maybe you should. We're a week and two days in and the news has stopped completely to the point where people ran around with their heads cut off on a two day crazy cycle about the Bucks potentially leaving based off of some WON MMA writer hypothesizing on that board and now the news of today is that Bix is feuding with Becky Bayless. Worst timeline.

Presumably there will still be developments for the foreseeable future. Better to leave it open than have the other threats polluted, at least for now. 

8 hours ago, Log said:

Do you happen to recall who did that thread? That sounds hilarious. I'd love to see it.

53 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you watch the press conf with Aaron Rodgers from Sunday night he actually looked like a splitting image of Phil Brooks. I for a second thought Punk's presser was being shown on ESPN but it was actually Aaron ranting about his rookie receivers making mistakes. No comparison to Target managers was made ironically even though they were in Minnesota 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Not a meme! Not a hoax!

Actually, I guess it is a hoax.

https://www.webisjericho.com/mindys-bakerys-google-reviews-are-filled-with-comments-mocking-cm-punk/

These muffins were so good, people tried kicking down my locker room door to get them!

Hey, if a grumpy, brittle and narcissistic old man who have physically assaulted his higher-ups based off rumors he made up in his own head is able to actually like something other than HIMSELF then it must be REAAAAALLY good. Give this place a try.

Mindy’s is the only thing that tastes better than Kenny Omega.

Tt8RfDV.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Someone posted the closing comments of the Punk talk on twitter and labelled it "Aaron Rodgers post-game press conference highlight", and lots of people in the replies didn't realise it wasn't actually Aaron Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1