DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

Ok, we're half a week in now and I think two things are abundantly clear:

1. CM Punk is thoroughly at fault, just wildly out of line, incredibly toxic, probably unforgivably so if he doesn't make some sort of massive change in his life.
  2. Adam Page is a really bad wrestler.

It's just a really complex situation we're dealing with here, guys. Deep stuff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zendragon said:

This is why Norm Macdonald got booted from SNL. I don't think it was a one time incident but apparently he kept going off script during weekend update 

This is sort of a half truth going off of wiki. The NBC president at the time had a bit of an axe to grind with him though there were also little warnings here and there to change up a bit that he never really took to heart.

When I was sports editor at the IU paper the summer they filmed Blue Chips, we got a PR thing from the studio that our people could be extras playing reporters sitting at press row and being in scrums. I think one of our guys did it because he was from where they filmed the game footage. He may have written a story about it for us, but that was 25 years ago. ?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Log said:

God, Omega in WWE would be so weird. Like, I literally can’t picture him doing a WWE-style match. 

Really? Omega in WWE is just Seth Rollins matches, but with more video game references. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

If people believe that, it is their choice. If I want to go the opposite way, this is three EVPs and the second in command of the company getting a dog who would probably defend its owner out of the way in an attempt to get the advantage in the situation, then failing to capitalise.

Have you seen Larry? He hardly screams "killer". He is like the canine version of CM Punk. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Ok, we're half a week in now and I think two things are abundantly clear:

1. CM Punk is thoroughly at fault, just wildly out of line, incredibly toxic, probably unforgivably so if he doesn't make some sort of massive change in his life.
  2. Adam Page is a really bad wrestler.

It's just a really complex situation we're dealing with here, guys. Deep stuff.

0279482-B-6-D4-F-4784-A428-9561-B4-B21-C

• Haha 4

Poor TK. I think he really wanted to set the internet on fire with a worked shoot at the presser but he underestimated what a pissed of CM Punk with a live microphone can do when he has some grievances. This will cost TK a bunch of money since I'm sure he had to back up the Brinks truck to get Punk out of retirement but he has to let him go and this may be a good time for AEW to reset. I have no doubt Punk told TK he wanted Cabana gone if he was going to come in. Tony should have sensed what was coming. He has been busy signing so much talent without thinking how everyone would coexist. He is getting proper chain of command together now is the time to cut bait with the talent who may be causing issues and try and break up these cliques that are rumoured backstage 

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

I think TK can save this by signing Zicky Dice, putting the big gold on him, and having all the top faces chase for like a year. 

I would absolutely start watching AEW again to see this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Greggulator said:

This. They gave a live mic to a guy who tried to embarrass Adam Page because of a personal slight when he had a live mic. 

I have no idea how going off-script like that would not get someone fired right away. Imagine if someone on Saturday Night Live just started improvising some stuff on air? Let alone in a way to make someone else on the cast look bad? They'd get fired as soon as the show ended. Is their any difference? 

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:
2 hours ago, zendragon said:

This is why Norm Macdonald got booted from SNL

This is sort of a half truth going off of wiki. The NBC president at the time had a bit of an axe to grind with him

And that NBC President’s name?

DYUD-NiVAAE6a1T.jpg

You guessed it - Frank Stallone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

13 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

I assume anything Andy Kaufman is a part of is a work: That Fridays sketch, intergender wrestling angles in Memphis, his own death.

I just happened to watch the episode of Memphis wrestling from January 1984 where Jimmy Hart brings out a newspaper with the headline announcing Kaufman had cancer. That was a rough one. 

I know Kaufman definitely wouldn't mind him being sick for heat but what was exactly the end game? Did Jimmy legit think Andy was working his illness?

9 hours ago, Jiji said:

I'm going to spontaneously combust if Omega leaves next year. My spirit will cease if he signs with WWE. 

The way things are going with Kota and NJPW, if they can find the right money guy we will end up with All Golden Lovers Wrestling with only two wrestlers on the roster but still having four hour shows with the main event being a 120 minute time limit two out of three falls match with the third fall being like, I dunno, a game of Super Smash Brothers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lostinube said:

The way things are going with Kota and NJPW, if they can find the right money guy we will end up with All Golden Lovers Wrestling with only two wrestlers on the roster but still having four hour shows with the main event being a 120 minute time limit two out of three falls match with the third fall being like, I dunno, a game of Super Smash Brothers.

Heaven. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3