DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

44 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Kingston or bust. Have him win a battle royal. Arthur Ashe would be just as hot for that as they were for Omega and Danielson. 

What if you do a whole tournament at Grand Slam? Say, four guys in a round robin (six matches total), winner faces MJF for the title.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I think we're all in agreement for just giving MJF the real title. 

For NYC, I think they should do Mox vs Kingston on night 1 for the title shot and MJF vs Kingston on night 2. 

From an angle/business perspective, yes I agree. Does he deserve it?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd rather do a situtation where it looks like MJF is going to be awarded the title because there's no one left to face him, and then have Sting come down and win it from him. He's worked hard, he's reliable, no one dislikes him, give him a little reward for all he's done. Place would go bananas. He doesn't have to hold it long, just long enough til everything settles down, gives the fans something to cheer about.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I'm really not looking forward to a probable MJF/Mox program. The shit they did in 2020 was so fucking boring.

This is Mox and the BCC vs MJF and his crew. I think this has the potential to be really fun if this is the direction we are headed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

What do you mean not booked to appear? If you see only one set of footprints, it's because He's carrying Miro. 

Brother, if you don't think Miro held up his end of the match I dunno what to tell you

• Like 2

As far as having two of your biggest stars fight for the title, Danielson/Mox would be awesome. Sure, they're teammates, but their team's whole thing is loving to fight. They're not going to let that get between them.

Problem is, Danielson just lost to Jericho Sunday. Dear god, please don't do Jericho/Mox again. I just personally don't want Jericho in the title picture.

I think TK would see awarding the title as "devaluing" it. I do, personally. There needs to be at least a match for it.

But I think we'd all agree, no more interim. Just say Punk is stripped of it or something. Immediately fill it, and then there's no vacancy really.

I'd like a mini-tourney. Four guys. Do it all tonight. Two matches lead off the show and the winners face at the end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Log said:

I'd like a mini-tourney. Four guys. Do it all tonight. Two matches lead off the show and the winners face at the end.

You get the 4 former champs not named CM Punk, do the mini tourney, winner faces MJF at Arthur Ashe 

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Psst... One of those former champs is suspended too...

You get the 3 former champs not named CM Punk or Hangman Page, and also Eddie Kingston then. Eddie beats Jericho in the finals, getting his final revenge

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 2

Punk's injured right?  Say due to his injury occuring outside of wrestling or training in an unprofessional manner, MJF gets his title shot in 2 weeks at Grand Slam, and will win by forfeit if Punk isn't cleared to compete.  Open the show with Punk being counted out and MJF winning by forfeit.    If he isn't cleared, MJF faces the winner of a battle royal (have Stokely's crew try to rig it so like Serpentico wins the battle royal or something, but backfires and it's say, Max Caster or even Colt, who then has a great 20-min classic with MJF)  Don't burn Eddie or Wardlow/MJF for this.

The Elite aren't stripped of the Trios belts yet due to investigating and preliminary suspension, if they don't defend within 45 days of All Out, then they are stripped.

Gives you flexibility, makes logical sense.  The belt will have to be hot potatoed anyways.

With Punk, I'd eat your losses, and tell him, hey, we'll give you your contract as long as  NDA  about this for a few years, and you don't have to show up again.  By the way, NJPW wants to do a match vs KENTA, you have permission to go over there or do any other promotion you want that isn't WWE.   If the locker room wants to give Punk a second chance he can come back, but unless the locker room is ok with it, he shouldn't be back.  Guaranteed there will be folks who will go into business for themselves if Punk stays.

Handle the Elite based on what they did.  if you have to get rid of them too, so be it, otherwise I'd let it mostly slide.  I'd "suspend" them  by talking to NJPW and saying we're giving you the Elite until WK, we'd like Naito/Hiromu/Sanada to take the trios belt off them, and you can job them out at WK to Ospreay and O'Khan/Cobb.  Oh, also if you want a trio to come to the US for WK to have a match with LiJ, we'll bring someone in.  (if Hiromu's unavaliable - say BUSHI or Shingo can do it. )

Bring LiJ to America to drop the belts to someone at Revolution.

• Like 3