DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Awesome show all the way through. Dragon/Hangman 3 was just as great as the other two.

Both promos were great. Love both of those guys. This show needs MJF.

Some guy was yelling at Rick Knox to get control for like 5 straight minutes and I couldn’t love that any more.

Danielson putting the belt on Garcia was a nice touch. Danny a made guy now.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 5

I appreciate the shout, @NikoBaltimore. However, knowing what we know now, I'd have talked even more shit. :).

What a show. Normally I do a math by match breakdown with some hacky jokes and a special brand of inane comedy. Tonight doesn't feel like the right night for that. I love AEW. It's the only wrestling company I watch these days and the events of the last few months really got me a little down. It's not a secret that sometimes I ruminate on things more than I probably should, and I've spent a lot of the last couple days wondering who was leaving and if this was the beginning of the end. What a breath of fresh air this Dynamite was. MJF was phenomenal. At times I've found his act to be a bit "one note," but this was truly classic. Mox being the grouchy hero is perfect. This man is the 2022 wrestler of the year if he doesn't have another match this year. His promo transcended wrestling story and into the realm of general fandom. The best thing about the oversigning TK has engaged is is that even with Malakai taking an extended leave and with four of your top 8 stars suspended and maybe fired, you still had that kind of lineup to present. Maybe I'll get into a match breakdown later, but I finished watching this show with a big smile on my face. Well done, TK, and thank you Mox.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Dope show, not sure why Toni keeps doing these low impact piledrivers/ddts, they look awkward but not hurty awkward. What's stopping her from using the tiger driver again? Or that neckbreaker/cutter thing she used in NXT for a bit?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Toni/Ford was decent if abrupt with its ending.

Bryan/Hangman was good. First time I can recall catching a Page match, and I liked him well enough.

Yuta/Garcia was even better with the crowd completely behind Garcia and Wheeler choosing the appropriate moments to be a dick. The post match with the handshake and Bryan wrapping the belt around Garcia's waste as a jealous and confused Jericho looks on was pretty good as well.

• Like 3

This was a pretty good show tonight. The start of the show could have been a disaster, but luckily Tony Khan was smart enough to do it in the back and I think pretaped. MJF such a master troll. I kept waiting for him to shit on the Bills and when he did it was beautiful. Moxley really looked like he didn't want to be there which added to his promo.

The opening Trio's match was good. I was shocked when Death Triangle won. I figured they wouldn't put two belts onto Pac. Best Friends always seem to come up short in these huge matches which sucks.

Storm vs. Ford was all right. Most of the match happened during the commercial which tends to suck for the women.

I knew The Acclaimed would get interrupted. It was a great move by Swerve to do it just as the rap was about to start. I can't imagine they would have actually let Max say anything, but this worked better.

Nice squash by Wardlow. I have no problems with him being treated like Goldberg. Tony Neese deserved a little better than being demolished though.

Hangman/Bryan 3 was a good match. I'm not sure if it is on the same level as the first two, but it was pretty damn good. I was hoping Hangman would win because he honestly needs a big win right now.

Yuta vs. Garcia was great.  Wheeler heeling it up against the hometown boy was a nice touch. All of this has to be leading up to a Jericho/Garcia pure match and that will be amazing to watch.

Overall a good show tonight all things considered.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I was shocked when Death Triangle won. I figured they wouldn't put two belts onto Pac. Best Friends always seem to come up short in these huge matches which sucks.

I thought the Best Friends were winning this too but hopefully they will finally get it at Full Gear and Death Triangle aren't just keeping it warm until the Elite comes back. 

Edited by evidence

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I kid. I kid, because I relate.

Its never good when you can see the whites above the iris in someones eyes.

CEO, Owner and General manager thats a Jerry Jones level of self important titles

Overall a great reset, seemed like everyone wanted to work extra hard and the knucklehead weren't missed.

Loved Ford and Storm laying it in on each other and Swerve is much better as a heel

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

TK's opening announcement was the best way they could have possibly addressed this. I was pleasantly surprised at the lack of obnoxious chants from the audience. The in-ring stuff, especially Daneilson/Page and of course Yuta/Garcia was top notch. MJF's promo was incredible. I would like a bit more explanation of why MJF is aligned with Stokley but that will undoubtedly come. Moxley needs to come up short in the tournament and start a heel turn.

I thought the opening segment showed what MJF is capable of. Sometimes he's strayed too far into shoot comments and edge lord shit but this was great. Gets the semi-hometown / weve missed you pop out of the way and then he goes back to heel. Mox is a great face of the company, looks and acts like a hard man you wouldn't want to have to take in a fight

• Like 4

After seeing him trying to recruit 10, I feel like all of Andrade's AEW feuds are started because he doesn't understand that no means no. He tried to get the Lucha Bros to leave Pac for him and failed, tried to get Darby to leave Sting for him and failed, now he's doing the same thing with Dark Order members. 

I know FTR getting the AEW tag team titles is what almost everyone wants but I wouldn't mind Andrade and Rush taking them from The Acclaimed after they have their run. 

Edited by evidence