DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Dammit I erased the Tweet on accident. Anyway, MJF and Corbin:

God these two jerks would make the best tag team ever, wouldn't they? 

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

I am super excited about PENTA beating the shit out of Danhausen.

THANK YOU for posting that, so happy to laugh at Quartermaster Sir PAC of Bastardson's voice again, and think about a spooked, cursed Penta running away to get his Master. 

**Cold open...**

Yo... Yo... Listen...

Acclaimed comin' out here to spit to you

What's legit 

CM Punk didn't get fired 

Nah, he just straight up quit. 

Started pickin' fights 

And then tried to run away 

The next place you'll see him 

Is curtain jerkin' TNA 

It's time to put the strap 

On a homie with some real fame 

Ya main event tonight 

For the title

Is THE ACCLAIMED!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I want Khan to recreate the Russo speech from Bash at the Beach 2000.

"I got another wrestling company and 2 sports teams and I really don't need this shit!" 

"I promise you or I will go in the goddamn grave, you will never see that muffin hogging son of a bitch in AEW ever again!" 

Edited by evidence
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Matt D said:

No idea for the world title, but for the Trios title, I bet they do something goofy like having the winner of Best Friends vs Death Triangle vs Dark Order next week for the interim one. That feels like 2022 AEW to me.

I bet that's what happens too, except rather than think it's goofy, I kind of think it's good. I mean, what else do you do? We *just* had a tournament final and a battle royal two days ago. I see where you're coming from, but I think something like that would be the quickest, simplest way back on the road.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Other than just saying, "This match is now for the titles," of course

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I bet that's what happens too, except rather than think it's goofy, I kind of think it's good. I mean, what else do you do? We *just* had a tournament final and a battle royal two days ago. I see where you're coming from, but I think something like that would be the quickest, simplest way back on the road.

Don’t have titles for a month?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

So, WHY do they need to strip the Elite? Are they being suspended for, like, 6 months? Does that mean Punk is also getting stripped?

My assumption is it would be part of their punishment for acting a fool on Sunday.

Well, yeah, but losing the fake title probably means losing out on real world TV time (although this is the elite so probably not).  Plus the general principle of not rewarding people who fuck up your money.

I know Tony hates on-screen authority figures but tonight is exactly why AEW needs its own Jack Tunney.