DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Jericho v Moxley for the title?
Will it be interim or full status?

In other thoughts - 
Does Ruby Soho get to punt Sammy in the dick 10 times on live TV?

Will FTW ever get a shot at the tag titles or are The Acclaimed going to get a rematch?

What's the plan for the Trios Titles now that Elite vs Undisputed is off the table?

Does Wardlow have anything to say about MJF walking back in as the #1 contender when he's been undefeated as TNT champion since their match?

Can't wait to hear JR telling everyone at home about why the storytelling of all these matches is irrelevant and how finishing moves are stupid. 

• Like 7

Garcia vs Yuta, baby. They have every incentive to go for that Kip Allen Frey best match of the night bonus. Put the company on your shoulders and shoot for the 5.25 inflation star rating special, you bastard heroes. These two jerks wrestled for an hour in front of a small crowd in a scorching hot building for glory and a title most people have never heard of and the right to say that they did it. And Garcia has wrestled the best going since then and Yuta has become a whole new man forged in fire and blood. They are tomorrow today and they will carry all of our hopes forward, a shining beacon in this dark night.

Edited by Matt D
Excelsior!
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Can't wait to hear JR telling everyone at home about why the storytelling of all these matches is irrelevant and how finishing moves are stupid. 

I mean, as much shit as I'll give JR, he's not wrong there.  Broken clock and all that.

16 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I mean MJF and Caster will likely say something. Cranky Jericho and Mox may make a comment about it as well having to come in on their week off. 

Caster has to tread somewhat lightly though, don’t want another suspension when your big push is in motion. Although I suppose it worked for MJF.

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

I mean MJF and Caster will likely say something. Cranky Jericho and Mox may make a comment about it as well having to come in on their week off. 

Yo
Yo
Listen

The media reporters layin' out
All the backstage heat
You were screamin' for Scotty Goldman
When fronted by The Elite

How's ya foot? Take it easy
We ain't tryin' start an insurrection
I just wanna make sure
I'm not gonna catch your staph infection

The Acclaimed raise the game
Like we got cheat hacks
You better call doc Amann
For some Z-packs

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Just give Eddie Kingston a live mic and let magic happen.

"What did I tell you?! What did I tell you? But you know what? Just like lions show their cubs some tough love, I had to show some tough love to my cubs here at AEW. This place, this place is my family. And that dumpkopf is a viper. He's a cobra. But my cubs couldn't resist this serpent's gaze. I knew the only way to teach my cubs was they had get bit by the cobra to know the cobra is not their friend. It's not their pet. It's their natural enemy! So now the cobra struck and its venom is infecting this company? Well guess what? I'm the anti-venom! I'm going to suck out the poison. And I am going to protect this company from Cobra Commander! The guy literally tattooed the Cobra emblem on his body! Need I say more?! You learned your lesson. You don't trust this man! You don't play with this man! You don't do business with this cobra! He's schmuck! And he tried to take over what we built! What we endured through the pandemic! No more Punks! No more Cobras!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

they should set up a toll phone line to make people pay to answer the question of "WHAT SHOULD AEW DO TO CM PUNK AND THE YOUNG BUCKS"

Like WCW's hotline poll "Should Cactus Jack be banned from wrestling?" immediately before and after he won the tag team titles.

• Haha 1

So here’s a fun thought exercise: You’re Tony Khan, and you’re faced with having to announce the firing of CM Punk, your incredibly popular world champion, live on Dynamite tonight. How do you do it?

Obviously you can’t do it yourself, because you’re awful at talking live on camera and you risk turning yourself/the company heel and enduring ceaseless CM Punk chants for the rest of your days, just as WWE did for years.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1