DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, EVA said:

The missed safety uproar is funny to me, because Texas ended up getting an extra point out of that exchange.

Instead of a safety, Bama punted and Texas got a FG off the short field.

Then Bama did nothing with their next possession. They went 4 and out, punted, then Texas drove back down for another FG. Which is all they managed to do all game without Ewers in.

So they ended up +6 rather than +5

Bottom line: That call did not have a significant negative impact on Texas’s ability to win the game.

That’s just flat out wrong. Safety is 2 points and then the ball on a free kick. Could’ve had the safety and the FG (or a TD for that matter). In a 1 point game, all points are important. 

And we’re discounting the effect that the blatant PI in the end zone on the first drive. That’s another 4 points there.

6 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

That’s just flat out wrong. Safety is 2 points and then the ball on a free kick. Could’ve had the safety and the FG (or a TD for that matter). In a 1 point game, all points are important. 

I’m aware of how a safety works lol.

Thats my point: Bama’s drive subsequent to the FG was so short and ineffective, and the punt so meh, that Texas ended up getting the ball pretty much where they would’ve on a free kick anyway. It was no substantive difference.

As far as the possibility of Texas scoring a TD…I’ll allow you to present compelling evidence from the rest of the game that might suggest the vaguest possibility that Texas was ever going to get in the end zone with injured Card at QB.

Again, I’m not saying there was no difference in the flow of the game based on different outcomes, but you’d be hard pressed to maker a serious case to me that this had a *significant* negative impact in the final outcome for Texas.

*whisper*imnotsureanyonecanmakeanairtightcasethatwasasafetyanyway*runs away*

All of the dumb as fuck ND fans can go fuck themselves for all of their talk that the team would be better off without BK all because he couldn’t win a NC, something only maybe 3 teams ever seem to win. Enjoy all of your losing seasons with shittier Bob Davie and maybe appreciate what you have when you have it.

And I’d like to say BK is dumb too for leaving, but even when he gets fired in season 3 or whatever, he’s still getting guaranteed money.

I’ve been saying it since BK left, but this team was going to be really shitty without him, even with a really good recruiting class.

All of my favorite team’s fucking suck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

App State is putting the fear into Texas A&M right now, too.

That’s putting it mildly.  They’re outplaying the Ags pretty easily. Having watched last week’s gave vs an FCS opponent, I’m not even mildly surprised.  

Might be time for Jimbo to admit that last century’s offense isn’t cutting it any longer.  Also, a functional OL would be nice.   Wonder if any of our 649 five star D line recruits can block.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

The half-life of Jimbo OL play really is something else.

Thing is, this is just normal OL play for A&M.  Has been since the mid 90s.  

There is the usual exception, like 2020.  Or when we had Manziel and four first round picks at OL.  

But usually it looks like this.  Jimbos weird ability to have terrible OL play fits right in.  

UT almost knocks off Bama, A&M and Notre Dame both lose at home to Sun Belt teams, and I’m not able to fully enjoy it because I have some kind of chest cold/bronchitis/flu keeping me low energy and sober.

30 minutes ago, EVA said:

Iowa is beyond parody. Anywhere else, the OC would be out on his ass after the past two weeks (and all last season), but I would be shocked if that happens in Ferentz’s fiefdom.

Seriously. This offense isn't just inept, it's historically awful. And they squandered a really good defense last year.