DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 9/5 - 9/11/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I'm starting at 9:48!  Will I make it to the end without having to watch anything in REAL TIME?  We'll find out.  Oh Jesus, a Fatal Four Way tag match?  So HHH hates me now?  At least they acknowledge how stupid these matches are as one member of the New Day tries to pin another member of the New Day.  Hey!  It's Braun Strowman!  So he hates Fatal Four Ways too.  So Braun will challenge for the tag titles?  It's Raquel Rodriguez and Aliyah versus Doudrop and Nikki ASH.  Damage Control stand next to the TV screen as opposed to being able to actually watch it.  Rodriguez hoists Doudrop up for a Fireman's Carry for the win.  That was quick.  The crowd was not into that.  Kevin Owen takes on Austin Theory!  It's Braun Strowman!  I'm kidding.  Owens hits the MANIAC Love Machine Splash off the apron to the floor.  During picture in picture, Theory looks good on offense.  The screen EMBIGGENS and Theory has him in a chinlock.  Theory does a Samoan Slam and procures an armbar.  This is like a match on Tuesday Night Titans, suddenly.  Owens punches Theory to take this to a 1979 Memphis match.  SWEET Lariat by Owens that is followed by a Cannonball off the apron onto Theory's knees!  Owens hits a nice DDT while we are in picture in picture.  The Large screen shows a BEAUTIFUL Swanton by Owens.  GEEZ, Owens flies back of the head first into the steel steps!  That looked nasty!  FUN Air Raid Crash off the toprope and that leads to a Pop Up Powerbomb into a Stunner!  That was good.  Austin Theory is kind like Adam Cole in the ring- good but not the most exciting.  Kevin Owens is very exciting.  EXCITING! That was good.  Not as good as his last two matches on TV, but it was good.   It's Rey Mysterio against Damien Priest.  Rey has made a legendary career being a sympathetic babyface so he takes an assbeating early.  Damien does a Psicosis bump- against Rey Misterio Jr!-  so it triggers Rey's comeback.  Damien is trying hard to make this good.  He tries to make his kinda pedestrian offense look devastating to varying effectiveness.  His elbow the chest to counter Rey's attempt at a Rana off the apron looked good.  We come out of picture in picture and Damien is sinking in a chinlock.  Rey hits a pretty spectacular Tope Con Hilo!  QUEBRADA!  Rey is awesome.  I saw him live (according to cagematch.net) on June 17th, 1996 at the Richmond Coliseum wrestling Dean Malenko on Nitro!  Rey has been awesome for a while now.  Hurricanrana off the top FOR TWO!  Goodlookin' kick to Rey's skull to counter a 619 attempt.  NICE Lariat by Priest after SUBTERFUGE from Dominick and Rhea Ripley.  Should have just pinned him on THAT but he throws in a chokeslam and we call it a match.  That was good.  It's Bobby Lashley and the Miz in a cage!  How will Dexter Lumis get into the cage?  Miz and Ciampa beat on Lashley outside the cage for a while.  They load him into the ring finally and it is your basic WWE cage match, with dudes trying to escape and the other guy stopping him and then they repeat this a few times.  Growing up in the 70s, cages matches are weapons that guarantees a fountain of blood since your heel cannot escape the fury of our babyface.  This is not that match.  They set up Bobby Lashley not being able to do some things because of the beating he took outside the cage so this is good because it isn't Lashley just mauling the Miz- though that would be a fun version of this match.   We come out of the picture in picture and the Miz has procured a CHINLOCK!  I sense a trend.  Superplex by Lashley.  Spear into the cage as the Miz avoids him!  Ciampa and the Miz slams the door on his head several times!  The Miz is going to make it out of the cage!  DEXTER LUMIS! WAS UNDER THE RING!  You knew it was going to happen.  I figured he would come up through the ring!  Lashley wins!  Dexter Lumis chokes out Miz postmatch!  That was fun.  One good match, one pretty good match and one fun match.  That makes a good episode of RAW.

• Like 3

The tag 4-way was fun up until Braun return and murder of everyone. As much as I love the New Day I'm confused as to why they were in this match having just lost to Viking Raiders on Smackdown and with there beign stip for them to never chllenge again for the belts while the Usos are champs. unless that wa snullifeid with the unification they still shouldn't even be able to challenge. beyond that I wasn;t fond of Braun returning here. made little sense and just made half the division look bad. Was hoping this kind of shit would stop with Vince gone.

Raquel/Aliyah vs. Doudrop/Nikki was a match. Nothing bad, just kind of forgettable.

What I caught of Owens/Theory looked solid-good.

Rey/Priest was solid enough from what I caught. I was more into the general angle with Dom. I kind of wish he didn't join Judgement Day outright already. Would have been more fun if he murdered Rey specifically for them and then joined tonight after the match with Priest. Beyond that I have to admit I was hoping they would put th ekid in a mask. He is just so babyfaced, evil or not.

Lashley/Miz was super fun. I loved the attack before the match and how the arm damaged played into the match gradually as it went on. The post match with Lumis was short and fun as well.

• Like 1

So, I guess this solidifies the rumor that "Control Your Narrative" was a tax-scheme of EC3 and/or whoever else was using him as a front.  

Also, it will never, ever happen, but I'd like to see a legit strength contest between Gable and Braun.  

Dexter Lumis on Raw reminds me of when Kevin Sullivan was working with a young Mick Foley and said something along the lines of "I'm gonna find so much crazy shit for you to do!" Just seems like they are having so much fun writing for the character. I'd like to see a special bonus episode of Miz's reality show with Lumis stalking him.

• Like 3

Tyler Bate and Meiko and that UK tag are recognized as the final champs of the UK belts they held.

The people who unfied the NXT and NXT UK belts are recognized as the unifed NXT champs. Not sure what they do with the defunct NXT UK belts, either quietly retire them or maybe flaunt then.

Attention @DEAN

Meiko Satomura vs. Roxanne Perez has been added to NXT tonight

So has Ricochet vs. Trick Williams and Doudrop & Nikki A.S.H. vs. Toxic Attraction but we all know what we really care about

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been enjoying watching (a lot of skimming) the HHHWWE. But I still can’t imagine sitting thru a live broadcast would be all that fun. ‘Tape Delay Skim’ definitely is tho! An opening skim along brings us directly to the wonderful Rhea Ripley. Dom looks good with his hair all slicked back, but not sure (yet) I prefer it over his awesome Teen Scrub Shlub. Not really buying the DRAMA! I'd love to know where the writers see the connectable heat here. Isn't combat and attacks and partner switches a regular occurence in the WWE universe? Whatever, I’m into Rhea and Dom. I also dig the Miz-Ciampa team. I like Ciampa as the voice of reason, always referring to Miz as Mike. Not a 4 Way fan, but dug seeing that WWE has some good teams. I'm interested to see all of these teams in reg-tags. I read the results and knew Braun Strowman returned during this match. I get the idea behind the booking, but when you already have a mountain to climb to get your tag division over I’m not sure you wanna play the ‘What would Vince do!?' card. I’ve never seen a Strowman match. This angle didn’t really compel me to want to see more of him. No further complaining – this is just what WWE IS ‘now, then, forever!’ Women’s tag was fine. I am curious of this Doudrop. Is she good? I’m down with the occasional earnest Rey Jr promo. Austin Theory seems like he might be better off with some more reps on WWE Dark Elevation. I bet the ‘Crown Jewel’ line looked better on paper than how it was delivered. Sorta funny that they’d write something calling attention/lampooning their unfavourable Saudi shows. Kevin Owens continues to be my greatest reason to watch this new upgraded WWE. Bayley-Kai-Sky come out for an interview. I like this team, but I wasn't interested in this promo. It did however remind me to check out their PPV trios bout. Theory mildy delivers with the ‘Johnny Talking’ line. Yeah, get Johnny in the ring already. So good to be seeing Rey Mysterio Jr again. It's been a long while for me. He’s still such a terrific performer. I find his bikini top tattoos kinda amusing. Here he led Priest through (easily) the best match I’ve seen of him thus far. That lariat absolutely should have closed it out. And Dominik needs to retire ‘Adam’ already. I wanna get into 80s Babyface Bobby Lashley, but I’m struggling. I’m a bit surprised by the Miz. I’d always assumed he was just all around shitty. I like this team with Ciampa, and I like what I’ve seen of his in ring thus far. That said, I couldn’t get into this cage match. I knew the result, but even had I not, it just didn’t feel worthy of sitting thru. Am I wrong? I skimmed it. I'd like to see Lashley as a heel. I'm into the US Title push, but I'd really love to see it finds its way into the hands of a 'worker' I wanna see every week – Kevin Owens? Styles? I’d be happy with Ciampa. The sequence with Miz on top and Lumis coming out from under the ring was pretty fun. I continue to enjoy this Lumis’ run. I guess commentary can see Lumis as Miz does this week. I was kinda sorta partially hoping they’d double down on the idea that only Miz could see him ala Hogan-Warrior '98.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Attention @DEAN

Meiko Satomura vs. Roxanne Perez has been added to NXT tonight

So has Ricochet vs. Trick Williams and Doudrop & Nikki A.S.H. vs. Toxic Attraction but we all know what we really care about

Axiom vs. Frazer!

Sorry I'm late.  Labour Day threw me off my wrestling viewing schedule!  Anyway, MEIKO SATOMURA vs ROXANNE PEREZ!  I need to watch when World's Collide at some point.  Jesus, I'm so behind.  Stupid nine hour AEW PPV.  Pretty Deadly are not making fun of rednecks so this is a LESSER Pretty Deadly segment.  Gigi Dollin!  MEIKO SATOMURA vs ROXANNE PEREZ!  Jacey Jayne!  Doudrop!  Nikki ASH!  Nice Elbow Drop by Doudrop.  Toxic Attraction are JERKS!  Nikki ASH becomes our face in peril, which is strange because Nikki ASH is a lunatic heel.  I guess she would be a less hated heel in peril.  Nikki ASH waits for Jayne to make the tag and then makes the hot tag because that' what babyfaces do- a detail I learned about back before Jim Cornette became unlistenable.  Doudrop CRUSHES Toxic Attraction.  Doudrop hits a Cannonball in the corner!  Nikki ASH is fun as a crazy babyface.  I had forgotten.  Doudrop hits a MASSIVE K-DRILLER on Gigi Dollin for the win!  That was good.  It's JD McDonagh!  It's Wes Lee!  Lee is kind of the El Serpentico of WWE.  Actually. he is a lost member of the X-Division.  Actually, he was on IMPACT! for a little while if I remember correctly.  He gets in a lot of offense in this and is all spectacular and shit.  Sweet Shoulder Backbreaker thingy by McDonagh.  McDonagh goes all suplexy and applies a Stretch Plum.  He makes it British by manipulating the finger joints.  Wes Lee has very gentle strikes.  McDonagh sells the crap out of a Tope by Lee.  McDonagh is better at making his opponent look good than Wes Lee is.  Which is Wes Lee's strength.  Backdrop Driver for the win by McDonagh.  That was good.   ROXANNE PEREZ!  MEIKO SATOMURA!  They should build up to Meiko putting her over like they built up in GAEA having Akira Hokuto putting over Meiko Satomura.  Take a year.  Satomura is the best wrestler of her generation.  This has to be like when Bryan Danielson came into AEW for everybody facing her.  Roxanne is throwing everything she knows at Meiko.  Meiko kicking out at one is such a boss move.  In picture in picture, Satomura is ragdolling Perez.  Perez is fucking GREAT challenging Meiko to hit her and then getting fucking knocked loopy.  Perez is awesome in this.  She really leans into Meiko's running kick to the face. Toprope Frankensteiner by Perez!  Perez leans into Satomura's Pele kick and Meiko then CRUSHES her and gets a win.  That was fucking GREAT.  Roxanne Perez is so good.  Meiko Satomura is so fucking GREAT.  It's Ricochet!  It's Trick Williams!  This is good.  Trick Williams looks good in this.  Ricochet is good at making him look good.  At one point Ricochet is suddenly wrestling for three.  Ricochet IS Sami Zayne.  It's Axiom!  His entrance is preposterously stupid/great.  It's Nathan Frazer!  This match is fun because it is secretly totally World of Sport.  It's like they are the sons of Ironfist Clive Meyers.  Frazer goes all Speedball Marc Rocco with the out of control tope!  Axiom goes all Stephen Grey during picture in picture.  Will I run out of World of Sport wrestlers before the match ends?  It's very likely!  I AM TERRIBLY OLD AND MY MIND WAS NEVER THAT SHARP TO BEGIN WITH!  Johnny Saint!  Axion starts working the arm and shoulder LIKE JIM BREAKS!  They then go Finlay/Regal by starting to beat on each other and this match becomes completely AWESOME.  Frazer hits a move so fast that I lost track of who hit who and I thought he no-sold it and went for the pin.  But he was the one who hit the move.  Frazer goes all Dynamite Kid and tries to break all of Axiom's joints.  GREAT fucking Dropkick by Axiom and THAT'S THE FINISH!  AWESOME!  Man, that was unexpectedly good.  It's Gallus!  NXT is fucking LOADED tonight.  It's Tyler Bate!  It's Bron Breakker!  I guess I should figure out who is who in Gallus.  Joe Coffey is the power guy.  So Wolfgang is the power guy.  HEY! Both of these guys are the power guys.  They both have beards.  This is going to be tougher than I thought.  It's like if Fire and Ice had Ice Train and Scott Norton and if they both looked like Scott Norton.  That's how I will tell them apart!  Wolfgang looks more like Scott Norton.  Tyler Bate is really good.  He reminds me of Hangman Adam Page- undersized but hits big moves.  Bron Breakker reminds me of Scott and Rick Steiner.  Joe Coffey, who looks very little like Scott Norton, hits a nice Backbreaker.  Watching Bron Breakker make the hot tag, I realize that I really want to see Breakker vs Kevin Owens.  DOOMSDAY DEVICE!  Oh that's Mark Coffey,  Gallus is very confusing.  Hopefully,  I will get many more opportunities to tell them apart because they are wicked good.  Tiger Driver 91 and Bate gets the pin.  So THAT might have been the best episode of NXT I've ever seen.  That was fucking GREAT. 

• Like 3