DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Edit: What is the issue with embedding Tweets and YT videos?

I have no idea. Mine never work even though I just post normal links that work everywhere else. The Rippa does some voodoo on them and they work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

There have only been 2 successful field goals of 64 yards or longer in the entire history of the NFL. That was deemed more viable than getting 6 yards on 4th down with Russell Wilson

And one was indoors and the other was at altitude. Seattle is neither. They literally chose a kick no one has ever made over trusting their $300m quarterback that they went out and got specifically for this stuff. Man, it sure is tough to shut down the "Russell Wilson is overrated" crowd when his team does this. How far down the list of top current quarterbacks would you have to go to get one where his coach would make that same decision, even with a guy like McManus kicking? Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Allen, Stafford and more. All of em go for it on 4th & 5 there. And probably more guys than that. Good grief. The one guy I could see not doing it with is Lamar because he's got Justin Freaking Tucker. And even then probably not.  

Geno was amazing in the first half. Not so much after halftime. 

if it makes Brandon McManus feel any better, he really shouldn't have been put in that spot, not because they should have went for it, but because they shouldn't have fumbled multiple times in the red zone

but for whatever reason, coaches playcall for these spots in a way that sorta overestimates the wisdom of sending running backs into a giant pile of 300lb dudes as opposed to getting the ballholder into the end zone by going around the largest guys on the field

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:
There have only been 2 successful field goals of 64 yards or longer in the entire history of the NFL. That was deemed more viable than getting 6 yards on 4th down with Russell Wilson

To be fair, Seattle's defense was exceptional last night. But yeah, that shouldn't exactly be a tough decision.

Scrolling Twitter this morning, I saw a tweet to the effect of "The Bears passed on Bruce Arians to hire Matt Trestman and now they've passed on Nathaniel Hackett to hire Matt Eberflus, is this supposed to be progress?"  Which I'm assuming was made before the fourth quarter of last night's game.

• Like 1