DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

Watching Redzone, that Steelers/Bengals game was nothing but Steelers defense looking otherworldly, Bengals receivers making acrobatic catches, and some of the worst kicking I've ever seen.  Never having to watch more than 5 minutes of Steelers offense is probably the best way to watch them.

• Like 1

Last season we kept getting lucky after Zac made really bad decisions that somehow worked out. Today we were not so lucky. When you have the ball two inches from the goal line the obvious call is a QB sneak. It doesn't matter if they know it's coming, you should always be able to get two inches on a QB sneak. Instead they call a hand off at the 5 yard line and it got blown up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Watching Redzone, that Steelers/Bengals game was nothing but Steelers defense looking otherworldly, Bengals receivers making acrobatic catches, and some of the worst kicking I've ever seen.  Never having to watch more than 5 minutes of Steelers offense is probably the best way to watch them.

You know the old saying "Both these teams deserved to win"? This game was one where both teams deserved to lose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Last season we kept getting lucky after Zac made really bad decisions that somehow worked out. Today we were not so lucky. When you have the ball two inches from the goal line the obvious call is a QB sneak. It doesn't matter if they know it's coming, you should always be able to get two inches on a QB sneak. Instead they call a hand off at the 5 yard line and it got blown up. 

Last season's Bengals might be the greatest example of overwhelming talent overcoming mediocre coaching.  This game wasn't much different, there were a couple plays where Jamar Chase made a play you couldn't ask anyone else on earth to make...and that doesn't include the one-handed catch where he was out of bounds by about half an inch.

• Like 2

Yeah that is probably going to be most Steelers games.   As long as the defense can play to their ability then they will always be in the game.  But the offense is not going to be strong enough to carry a game.    Losing Watt is crushing.    Hopefully Najee Harris wasn't seriously injured as he was out with injury too

• Like 1

Who had "first couple minutes of the season" in the "Aaron Rodgers Complaining About Teammates" pool? I always laugh when I see a quarterback (like Rodgers) get mad at a receiver for a drop while never taking fault for bad throws (like Rodgers). 

• Haha 2