DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

On 9/19/2022 at 1:05 AM, Craig H said:

And if anything, the stuff about private conversations being leaked speaks more to the change in the roster making AEW became this place where nothing is private. Too many people want to keep their relationships open with "journalists" to be able to get their shit out there. I don't think it's a coincidence with how the rumor mill went into overdrive when AEW went from a company where it was all friends to a company that had a lot of folks come over that in those circles and may be used to leaking shit here and there.

I'm watching MJF on Ariel Helwani's MMA hour and I watch his interview on the Rasslin podcast and MJF is at staying in character and keeping kayfabe with out coming across as lame. I definitely agree with you AEW goes too inside baseball when it comes to the inner workings of the company. MJF seems very happy with being in AEW , he put over a ton of other guys in the company even Tony Kahn. I know alot of critics have a problem with him burying the company on tv and alot of people question the idea of having your top heel burying you and your company but he seems to be very much a team player for now. A year and a half is a long time in Wrestling so it will be interesting to see if he stays. I like how he does not let people behind the curtain alot like Roddy Piper

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

There's no Mother's Milk in this group though.

I wonder who would fit that role well. Yuta is I guess Hughie. Mox is Butcher. Lame as these two mentions may be, but Claudio is Frenchie and Danielson is Kimiko. And then Regal is, uh, Grace?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Eddie is just the greatest and gets it. 

As someone who struggles with mental health and has suicidal thoughts, this really moved me. Thank you for posting this and thank you to Eddie Kingston. If anybody here needs someone to talk to or listen, here I be. Please PM, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

WrestleTix has the latest ticket info

AEW Presents "Dynamite"

Oct 05 • 7:00 PM Entertainment & Sports Arena, Washington, DC
Available Tickets  1,156
Available Combo Tickets  23
Current Setup/Capacity  3,350
Tickets Distributed  2,171

AEW Presents "Rampage/Battle of The Belts IV""

Oct 07 • 8:00 PM Entertainment & Sports Arena, Washington, DC
 Available Tickets 1,378
Available Combo Tickets 23
Current Setup/Capacity  3,350
Tickets Distributed  1,949

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Forgive me if I somehow missed it but had anybody pointed out that Sammy G was publicly destroying an Eddie Kingston action figure on his social media yesterday? I take it that means they've buried the hatchet to some degree and are ready to proceed with a worked fight. 

I think the vlog stuff ends up in the Youtube thread, but I'm not sure it was mentioned there either. 

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

There's no Mother's Milk in this group though.

I wonder who would fit that role well. Yuta is I guess Hughie. Mox is Butcher. Lame as these two mentions may be, but Claudio is Frenchie and Danielson is Kimiko. And then Regal is, uh, Grace?

Shame we never got to see them go up against Cody-lander

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Not gonna spoil it but if you are one of those people who skip Rampage you really shouldn't this week.

You could say those who don't watch will be ... green with envy?  

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Seattle Dynamite and Portland Rampage are definitely minor league soccer teams.

AEW to announce new show AEW: Timbers, where Big Meaty Men Slap Meat in the most intense hoss battles of all time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Malakai Black is not the only person contacted by WWE recently to ask for their release from AEW. 

Following All Out earlier this month, reportssurfaced that Black had received a conditional release from the company. On Friday, our own Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Black was not the only person to ask for their release from AEW around this time. 

"What we do know is that Black was one of the people WWE reached out to even though he had signed a five-year deal with AEW," Meltzer wrote. 

"When Paul Levesque took over from Vince McMahon, WWE contacted a number of former WWE talents that were working there that either had left on their own or that Vince McMahon had fired. Black was not the only person to ask for his release at the time."

Other wrestlers who were also contacted informed AEW management that a member of WWE Talent Relations had reached out to them. This led to AEW's head of legal, Megha Parekh, writing a letter threatening WWE for contract interference. Tony Khan announced this news to the AEW roster at a talent meeting last month. 

Black's release from AEW is believed to include a non-compete period that allows him to work shows but not for WWE. 

Best guesses?

Miro, Andrade El Idolo, Samoa Joe, Buddy Matthews, FTR