DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

Making the thread for this week's Dynamite made me consider something I hadn't till now: Which themed Dynamite is your favourite?

For me, there's two: AEW Dynamite Grand Slam which gave us the best AEW match in history: Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega last year, ***** and the location held in Arthur Ashe Stadium. AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite for the debut of Sting and Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega from 2020 while 2021 gave us the 60 minutes Page/Danielson ***** match.

Edited by The Natural

Another thought from creating said topic, the booking of the AEW belts this year.

The interim BS with the AEW World Championship not helped by injuries to CM Punk but that's a part of wrestling. Put the vacant championship on Bryan Danielson which he should have before it got to this.

The TNT Championship has really lost its lustre with the Cody Rhodes/Sammy Guevara/Scorpio Sky mess whereas one time it was a secondary title that meant something thanks to Cody, the late great Mr. Brodie Lee, Darby Allin and Miro.

Putting the AEW World Tag Team Championship on Jurassic Express who lose it to the Young Bucks thinking we'll get Young Bucks/#FTR III for all the gold, the biggest match possible but drop them to Swerve in our Glory surprisingly.

Thunder Rosa ends Dr. Britt Baker long reign as AEW Women's World Champion but has a lacklustre reign, allegations of backstage heat on Rosa and gets injured requiring an Interim AEW Women's World Championship.

Edited by The Natural

21 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The interim BS with the AEW World Championship not helped by injuries to CM Punk but that's a part of wrestling. Put the vacant championship on Bryan Danielson which he should have before it got to this.

Disagree for the simple fact that Danielson was always going to be in AEW for a lot longer than Punk would be. You've got plenty of time to have Bryan Danielson AEW World Champion (as long as he can stay healthy), but before the scrum at All Out this year, time was ticking on Punk's in-ring career. You either put the title on Punk and go do that story while you can, or you miss out on it for good.

You're in luck, since we'll probably get Danielson/Mox THE BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB IMPLODES~! for the title at Grand Slam, but I don't think Danielson is walking out with it. But I wouldn't hate it if he did.

I'm so incredibly sad about all of this Punk/Elite stuff, because we've been robbed since day 1 of his title reign of some good stuff from Late May to September because of his injury. And now, going forward, if all of that wouldn't have happened - I can already imagine The Elite versus Punk & FTR. FTR want more gold, Omega wants his World title back, Punk wants Omega, the Bucks have something to prove against FTR and want their gold.

Ugh, GODDAMNIT.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

Disagree for the simple fact that Danielson was always going to be in AEW for a lot longer than Punk would be. You've got plenty of time to have Bryan Danielson AEW World Champion (as long as he can stay healthy), but before the scrum at All Out this year, time was ticking on Punk's in-ring career. You either put the title on Punk and go do that story while you can, or you miss out on it for good.

You're in luck, since we'll probably get Danielson/Mox THE BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB IMPLODES~! for the title at Grand Slam, but I don't think Danielson is walking out with it. But I wouldn't hate it if he did.

I'm so incredibly sad about all of this Punk/Elite stuff, because we've been robbed since day 1 of his title reign of some good stuff from Late May to September because of his injury. And now, going forward, if all of that wouldn't have happened - I can already imagine The Elite versus Punk & FTR. FTR want more gold, Omega wants his World title back, Punk wants Omega, the Bucks have something to prove against FTR and want their gold.

Ugh, GODDAMNIT.

I don't think Danielson will walk out with the AEW World Championship at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam 2022 either which would be a big mistake. Mox doesn't need it.

Shame seeing what's happened to CM Punk, the Elite and the ramifications of it will be far reaching.

Cool how we each have our guy. Mine has always been Bryan Danielson and you with CM Punk.

Edited by The Natural

I want Danielson to win the belt if they're going to give him a lengthy reign before dropping it to MJF (even though I'm not really excited for an MJF reign, I get putting it on him), if MJF is getting it at or before Full Gear, I'd rather have Moxley get the win. 

I want Danielson to hold onto the belt until Double Or Nothing but would be fine if he could at least make it to Revolution. 

Edited by evidence
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Making the thread for this week's Dynamite made me consider something I hadn't till now: Which themed Dynamite is your favourite?

Easy one here, Jericho Cruise. Really wish they would bring that back. Loved that atmosphere.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Log said:

I love his thing in '89 in the Flair/Steamboat matches where he'd be like, "they're not coming down to the ring playing rock n roll music!" like rock was some new-fangled thing in 1989.

I got a kick out of that watching the Flair DVD, knowing he ended up best known for his time working for Vince

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

If I may put on my Dr. Sidney M. Basil hat for a sec, it seems JR's constant preemptive defense against these imaginary people who are always calling wrestling phony comes from his own unacknowledged disdain for it.

I think its more something he picked up from Bill Watts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

What in the fucking fuck? Luther, LUTHER?!, is in shape now too?

There is no excuse for me to look the way I do anymore.

???

Luther will sub in for Jericho against Danielson, I'm calling it now boys

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

YJnj3BD.jpg

My friend forwarded this picture to me. Says he believes it was taken today. He's a reliable guy. I believe him.

Edit: he said they sre from Ibushi's Twitter. 

52dhet7.jpg

Final(?) Edit: apparently Kenny is in Japan promoting fight forever while he's on suspension.

If nothing else, I'm happy they took time to catch up. Good to see they are still friends.

Speculation is fun, too. But I'll save it.

One more update, according to a different friend in the loop: Tokyo Game Show is happening this weekend so he is most likely headed to that.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 4

Think I'm going to risk covid for it. My friend mentioned going to his place outside of Seattle and watching Wrestle Kingdom afterwards. 

Sounds promising for AEW. Still won't embed (pc did)and I can't use next/previous page buttons 99% of the time. ?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Can't wait until I'm in my late 40s early 50s to get on that trt diet every old man wrestler seems to be on nowadays.

Or... you could just get a head-start and go ahead without trt right now? Has worked for me just fine, so far. I'll be 45 in two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Or... you could just get a head-start and go ahead without trt right now? Has worked for me just fine, so far. I'll be 45 in two weeks.

Sarcasm dude. Already look and feel amazing thanks. Edge, Christian, Jericho and Luther et al look great for their ages too regardless of their new diets ?.

• Like 1