DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

I want a Buddy/Brodie/Julia v Butcher/Blade/Bunny feud that ends in a 6 person lights out match.

The following Dynamite they all do the handshake of mutual respect end turn into a super group - Brodie as the leader and occasional World Title contender, Buddy the midcard guy putting on bangers for the TNT or AA titles, Butcher and Blade as the tag team with Bunny and Julia ending up in the Women's Tag Title Tourney that's going to come along sooner or later.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm totally fine with Black leaving on the mist spit and really it might be the best exit for any character I can think of. Is there any other villain that simply had to go that got thumped in a way totally suitable for their character? Maybe Matsunaga stabbing himself? I just love the whole "hoisted by his own petard" thing I guess. 

Brody and Buddy will be fine. 

Jake got bit by his own snake in that infamous Miner's Glove match against Sting at Halloween Havoc 92 IIRC

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Jake got bit by his own snake in that infamous Miner's Glove match against Sting at Halloween Havoc 92 IIRC

I get what you're saying, but saying bit is an overstatement. He kinda threw the snake in his own face, and the whole thing looked absolutely hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Should I watch that sometime? Is it one of those legendary pieces of Wrestlecrap that somehow nobody brings up? 

I am pretty sure it has its own Wrestlecrap entry cause I remember reading about it on the site and the GIF of the "snakebite".

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Cheatum has a name, you know. ?

This is a pretty obscure joke. It's a terrible pun. Maybe only people obsessed with obscure wrestle crap and Kazarian BTE bits from a couple of years ago will get the reference.

But,  that's like half the people on these boards, so:

DO HE?!?!?!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dog said:

It's no White Castle of Fear.

Between Vader wearing a durag around this time and knowing he once claimed he was from South Central (hell cursory search shows this might actually be the case), I get some funny visuals of Vader welcoming Sting to his White Castle of Fear. Vader shouting suwoop and wearing a red durag would have made that so much better.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AEW should bring back "Spin the Wheel" for a TV special every now and then.

They have a roster that loves to ad lib and work without restriction so having them get a match stip right before walking through the curtain would be awesome. If they don't want to risk that then you spin the wheel on Dynamite for the match on Rampage.

Just don't rig the wheel like WWE did. If it means we end up with a random Toni Storm v Bunny barbedwire tables match, or FTR v The Acclaimed in a Davey Richards on a pole match, then so be it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm totally fine with Black leaving on the mist spit and really it might be the best exit for any character I can think of. Is there any other villain that simply had to go that got thumped in a way totally suitable for their character? Maybe Matsunaga stabbing himself? I just love the whole "hoisted by his own petard" thing I guess. 

I always thought Chris Jericho being dragged away kicking and screaming was the perfect exit for his character until he came back. At least, I felt it was more perfect for WCW Jericho.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

• Like 7

Two things I want from the "New" AEW. MJF to start talking about banging rats again...but he not talking about groupies hes just obcessed with being cruel to small animals like Homer Simpson on Wacking Day

I want JD Drake to get a southern rock gimmick and start dressing like Ronnie Van Zant so Taz can refer to him as

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordlow said:

This is a pretty obscure joke. It's a terrible pun. Maybe only people obsessed with obscure wrestle crap and Kazarian BTE bits from a couple of years ago will get the reference.

But,  that's like half the people on these boards, so:

DO HE?!?!?!

I feel in the '80s Heenan used to talk about his lawyers, the firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

• Like 2