DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Since it's payday (plus the yearly tax refund just came through) and nothing intriguing is going on AEW anyway, I bought Revolution 2020 from FITE, so I can see the Elite explode for the tag titles.

Great show.

• Like 1

I find it comical(awesome actually), that in ALL of this, despite Hangman "Going into business for himself" and being an "empty headed fuck", he's the only one that's been smart enough to keep himself away from all of the drama and hasn't engaged the petty as fuck bullshit.  From either The Elite or Punk.

I'm 100% Team Hangman.

As much as the Natural thinks Danielson should've beaten him (and i would've been okay with that too), I think Hangman never should've dropped the belt to Punk (Miro was my first choice to dethrone Hangman)

At this point, i wouldn't mind if Punk and the Bucks walk, but I'd hate to lose Omega.

In "my" perfect world, Kingston would've dethroned Miro to clear him to be the "Monster Heel" to finally take down Hangman, then (health permitting though), the Black/Miro feud could've been for the belt.  I don't think anyone would've been upset at that, lol.

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
Fantasy Booking addendum
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I find it comical(awesome actually), that in ALL of this, despite Hangman "Going into business for himself" and being an "empty headed fuck", he's the only one that's been smart enough to keep himself away from all of the drama and hasn't engaged the petty as fuck bullshit.  From either The Elite or Punk.

I'm 100% Team Hangman.

As much as the Natural thinks Danielson should've beaten him (and i would've been okay with that too), I think Hangman never should've dropped the belt to Punk (Miro was my first choice to dethrone Hangman)

At this point, i wouldn't mind if Punk and the Bucks walk, but I'd hate to lose Omega.

Yeah, Hangman hasn't responded and got caught up in it like the others involved.

Thanks for seeing my POV that Bryan Danielson should have beat Adam Page for the AEW World Championship. Danielson should have won the second match, if not that, a third. Miro's a good pick. 

Out of CM Punk, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, the Bucks are my least favourite by far so no loss there for me. I like both CM Punk and Kenny Omega.

Punishments need to be dished out, looks bad otherwise and Eddie Kingston doing far less.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Just now, The Natural said:

Yeah, Hangman hasn't responded and got caught up in it like the others involved.

Thanks for seeing my POV that Bryan Danielson should have beat Adam Page for the AEW World Championship. Danielson should have won the second match, if not that, a third. Miro's a good pick.

Out of CM Punk, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, the Bucks are my least favourite by far so no loss there for me. I like both CM Punk and Kenny Omega.

Punishments need to be dished out, looks bad otherwise and Eddie Kingston doing far less.

Hangman/Dragon were two of my favorite title matches in AEW history ebcause you legitimately had no idea who was going to win and it could've gone either way and no one would've been upset.

I would really like those two to run it back for a rubber match at some point.  They have amazing chemistry.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Hangman/Dragon were two of my favorite title matches in AEW history ebcause you legitimately had no idea who was going to win and it could've gone either way and no one would've been upset.

I would really like those two to run it back for a rubber match at some point.  They have amazing chemistry.

Same here. Two ***** matches. I thought the 60 minutes draw was the best of the two while the rematch this January might still be my MOTY. There's CM Punk vs. MJF in Chicago which was better than the Dog Collar match and GUNTHER vs. Sheamus at Clash of the Castle. Gave those *****. Ditto for #FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers both times.

Edited by The Natural

I still have Dragon/Hangman 2 as my MOTY as well, but Sheamus/Gunther is DAMN close.  It also might be recency bias, but Ishii/Kingston is definitely in my top 5 as well.

I need to sit down and make an all promotion top 10.  MY viewing of anything but AEW has dropped precipitously as of late due to time constraints.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

In my Top 10 AEW matches ever.

Please could you post your top ten there? Cheers.

That may take a while, but I'll start thinking about the list and give it a go! Looks like there will be plenty of tag team matches, that's for sure!

Also, I haven't seen all of the matches in your top ten yet, even, so yeah, it's going to be a work in progress once I'll make it!

Edited by Shartnado
Needs more watching
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I still have Dragon/Hangman 2 as my MOTY as well, but Sheamus/Gunther is DAMN close.  It also might be recency bias, but Ishii/Kingston is definitely in my top 5 as well.

I need to sit down and make an all promotion top 10.  MY viewing of anything but AEW has dropped precipitously as of late due to time constraints.

If any match might topple Page/Danielson II from.my MOTY, GUNTHER vs. Sheamus as the best shot. I had high hopes for that and it surpassed them. Really enjoyed that match. Great getting a show at a better time than what we normally get, 1am starts. I had a Desi Keema Saagh curry takeaway from Shimla Spice which also hit the spot.

Edited by The Natural

I think Britt Baker needs to freshen up her gimmick, I mean she’s neither British nor a Baker.

If anything her name should be American Dentist.

Similarly UK bake off celebrity Paul Hollywood is a Brit Baker and does not come from Hollywood.

It’s all very confusing.

I think this last week has broken me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Sports Illustrated has reported that The Bucks, Omega, Daniels, Pat Buck and Nakazawa have all been suspended but didn’t say how long. 

Ace and Punk, it was said, will be suspended or fired by the end of today.

13 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Sports Illustrated has reported that The Bucks, Omega, Daniels, Pat Buck and Nakazawa have all been suspended but didn’t say how long. 

Ace and Punk, it was said, will be suspended or fired by the end of today.

Recap via WON

Suspensions, and possibly more, are imminent for those involved in Sunday's post-AEW All Out brawl following CM Punk's press conference.

Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso reported Wednesday morning that according to multiple sources, Punk and producer Ace Steel will either be suspended or let go by the end of Wednesday. He said Punk met with AEW head Tony Khan on Tuesday.

Additionally, Kenny Omega, Matt & Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Chris Daniels, Michael Nakazawa and Brandon Cutler have been, or will be, suspended.

Barrasso reported that an external third-party investigation will be conducted to look at what happened.

Following his win over Jon Moxley Sunday to reclaim the AEW World title, Punk targeted Omega and the Jacksons (referring to them as "the EVPs") in addition to Hangman Page, MJF and Colt Cabana through several expletive-filled answers to questions.

After he was done, there was a fight backstage involving Punk, Steel, Omega and the Jacksons but it is still unknown who started it.

Page, who was the target of Punk via an unexpected promo line during the build to Punk's first match with Moxley, was not in the building during the incident. FTR, who are friends with Punk, were also not in the venue.

Dynamite is live from Buffalo tonight. Dave Meltzer reported Tuesday that AEW had to bring in Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley when they were previously unscheduled to be there.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/report-cm-punk-ace-steel-to-be-suspended-or-fired-by-aew?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Basically, it will be impossible to move everything related to the Bucks/Elite brawl to its own thread, so henceforth...  this thread is the one you should use for that:

Other non-fight, non-show related stuff goes here. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

The moniker itself, I mean correct me if I'm wrong, and the derogatory remarks seemed like one big in-joke to me. I can't find the original tweet, but they wouldn't have tweeted that if they really thought they were trash and didn't truly respect them. 

How did they avoid them like the plague? They wrestled each other multiple times, the matchups were critically acclaimed. Not to mention, they put over FTR big time in the rematch. 

They said in their interview with Jim Cornette after their release that they had no relationship with the Bucks, the Bucks never contacted them and they were confused and insulted by it.

The tweet you posted is just good business since there was fan interest in the match. But it’s not clear that was the Bucks intent.

FTR debuted saving the Bucks instead of confronting them. After FTR dropped the titles to them they turned heel.

The expectation was this could be a modern version Midnight Express vs the Rock and Roll Express but instead it’s been rushed together matches.

It’s possible that Tony Khan just fumbled the booking and didn’t give the fans what they wanted. 

Just like it’s possible good friend of the Bucks, Adam Page came to the conclusion that Punk ran Cabana out of town and decided to allude to that in a promo on his own.

But it’s also fair to be skeptical given all the dots you can connect.

28 minutes ago, Bryan said:

They said in their interview with Jim Cornette after their release that they had no relationship with the Bucks, the Bucks never contacted them and they were confused and insulted by it.

The tweet you posted is just good business since there was fan interest in the match. But it’s not clear that was the Bucks intent.

FTR debuted saving the Bucks instead of confronting them. After FTR dropped the titles to them they turned heel.

The expectation was this could be a modern version Midnight Express vs the Rock and Roll Express but instead it’s been rushed together matches.

It’s possible that Tony Khan just fumbled the booking and didn’t give the fans what they wanted. 

Just like it’s possible good friend of the Bucks, Adam Page came to the conclusion that Punk ran Cabana out of town and decided to allude to that in a promo on his own.

But it’s also fair to be skeptical given all the dots you can connect.

I don’t trust anything said on the Cornette show.

also why was Daniel’s suspended?

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I don’t trust anything said on the Cornette show.

also why was Daniel’s suspended?

He might've been caught up in the brawl? Nakazawa/Cutler were too

But we should take this to the Brawl thread.

Edited by porksweats