DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

2 minutes ago, porksweats said:

He's on the Roster still. He shifted down next to Mr Brodie Lee and Nick Comoroto for some reason. Don't know why the position changed.

No i mean it was just reported by some of Meltzers friends.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

How do you know any of this? Page said something that wasn't nearly as bad as anything Kingston or others said to Punk, and Punk held a grudge for three months. For all of Punk's "If you have a problem, talk to me," did he try to talk to Page before his "receipt" on Dynamite?

Meltzer swears up and down they didn't hear any "leaks" from the Elite. Everyone ELSE on the roster seem to have looser lips.

Omega and the Bucks have been sources to Meltzer for years. They can deny they did anything specific regarding Punk/Page, but they absolutely have fed him things for quite a while. I think assuming they’ve been tight-lipped throughout this entire saga is assuming quite a lot. 

And Punk did what he did the way he did it because Page did it the way he did it. Tit for tat. Punk is a fickle asshole and because he felt he was blindsided, he figures the recourse would be to do the same to him. Not defending it because it’s bullshit all of it happened in the first place but whatever. 

The other thing I’m happy to point out here is that there’s a long history of the Elite going into business for themselves because they knew they were on top, both with promos and booking decisions. It’s the whole reason the damn YT show exists in the first place. To jab away at that notion and poke fun and be tongue-in-cheek. So for them to all of a sudden feel like they’re being wronged because someone is doing what they’re used to doing but with more vitriol behind it is a bit funny to me. Hence my comment earlier about these two being made for each other. 

Edited by TimLivingston
  • Like 3

If Punk does end up gone, they should do a 4-way between all the other former champs on Dynamite and have the winner face MJF at Grand Slam for the title, don't drag it out any longer than that.

MJF should beat whoever it is, though. I think Kenny would be the best drawing option. Mox would work too, but he doesn't need to lose another title match so soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hayabusa said:

And that has been my issue with all of this from the beginning. Sapp's the one who posted that it was confirmed MJF had a flight out during that one weekend where MFJ no showed the fanfest and left everyone wondering if he would make it to the PPV vs Wardlow

When everyone else but Sapp said they hadn't heard anything, then MJF did pop up at the ppv, Sapp never retracted his report. He just said "well we didn't hear it from MJF himself" but he's the one who got the bees nest going with his MJF booked a flight outta town tweet

I had to go dig up the old tweets because Sapp is doing that shit again, well we never said we heard this from the Elite themselves which is the playbook he used with the MJF thing

That's why in the non stick September thread I was saying this dude should confirm who the fuck his sources are since he keeps stirring the hornets nest then plays innocent by doing the whole "well, we didn't hear from them directly!

Granted Casey said a good journalist wouldn't/shouldn't give up their sources, and I meant to reply there (i'll do that in a sec) but at this point can anyone say for certain that Sapp is a reliable journalist? He's become TMZ or better yet Weekly World News with his clickbait headlines.

TLDR Sapp is suss as fuck in all this mess he's been stirring up for months. Fuck him. Yeah yeah, CM Punk has a history of being a prick and I'm not 100% trying to defend him, maybe like 40% defend him, but yeah Punk can be a prick backstage but I feel like all this shit falls on Sapp and he needs to be held accountable and come clean with who the fuck his sources are imho

Bucks wives? Callis? Butler?

This reads a bit like deflection to me. Sean Ross Sapp is not at fault for any of what took place here, especially if CM Punk can't keep his emotions in check, and Tony Khan can't get control of his roster.

Would MJF have even given an honest answer about booking a flight out of Vegas if he was asked? 

Also, PWInsider also reported that MJF had a flight out of Las Vegas to the East Coast and said he didn't board it. Sean Ross Sapp is not the only one who reported on the flight. PWInsider also reported that this wasn't a work with MJF. 

45 minutes ago, TimLivingston said:

Omega and the Bucks have been sources to Meltzer for years. They can deny they did anything specific regarding Punk/Page, but they absolutely have fed him things for quite a while. I think assuming they’ve been tight-lipped throughout this entire saga is assuming quite a lot. 

And Punk did what he did the way he did it because Page did it the way he did it. Tit for tat. Punk is a fickle asshole and because he felt he was blindsided, he figures the recourse would be to do the same to him. Not defending it because it’s bullshit all of it happened in the first place but whatever. 

The other thing I’m happy to point out here is that there’s a long history of the Elite going into business for themselves because they knew they were on top, both with promos and booking decisions. It’s the whole reason the damn YT show exists in the first place. To jab away at that notion and poke fun and be tongue-in-cheek. So for them to all of a sudden feel like they’re being wronged because someone is doing what they’re used to doing but with more vitriol behind it is a bit funny to me. Hence my comment earlier about these two being made for each other. 

Yes, this is a good point. FTR got that moniker because the Young Bucks started making derogatory statements about them when they started getting praised despite apparently not even knowing them. 

And then they’ve avoided them like the plague and there have been numerous questionable booking decisions for them in AEW.

I’ve also heard people didn’t want to take penis suplexes from their rapist friend but did it because they were afraid of the Bucks black balling them.

Anyway, I can see Punk quitting if they fire Steele but I can’t imagine Tony Khan getting rid of his top draw and champion. Especially, not for people that only appeal to a niche audience and who were responsible for some of the worst parts of AEW, such as the Dark Order jobber punch gate, Joey Janela being on national tv, Marko Stunt being on national tv, etc

• Like 1

Just now, Bryan said:

Yes, this is a good point. FTR got that moniker because the Young Bucks started making derogatory statements about them when they started getting praised despite apparently not even knowing them. 

And then they’ve avoided them like the plague and there have been numerous questionable booking decisions for them in AEW.

I’ve also heard people didn’t want to take penis suplexes from their rapist friend but did it because they were afraid of the Bucks black balling them.

Anyway, I can see Punk quitting if they fire Steele but I can’t imagine Tony Khan getting rid of his top draw and champion. Especially, not for people that only appeal to a niche audience and who were responsible for some of the worst parts of AEW, such as the Dark Order jobber punch gate, Joey Janela being on national tv, Marko Stunt being on national tv, etc

The moniker itself, I mean correct me if I'm wrong, and the derogatory remarks seemed like one big in-joke to me. I can't find the original tweet, but they wouldn't have tweeted that if they really thought they were trash and didn't truly respect them. 

How did they avoid them like the plague? They wrestled each other multiple times, the matchups were critically acclaimed. Not to mention, they put over FTR big time in the rematch. 

The issue is more about their most recent bookings when they were hot. The Bucks went the route of dropping the belts to the Lucha Bros, then winning them back, then not dropping the fall when Swerve in Our Glory won, all the while FTR was on the roll of their lives and holding three major tag titles. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Narratives have formed around people not getting the tag title match they wanted at All Out. Don't know if there's anything to it or just fans stirring shit. 

Anybody who wanted to stand in the way of StrickLee / Acclaimed can touch my butt with their puckered lips.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TimLivingston said:

The issue is more about their most recent bookings when they were hot. The Bucks went the route of dropping the belts to the Lucha Bros, then winning them back, then not dropping the fall when Swerve in Our Glory won, all the while FTR was on the roll of their lives and holding three major tag titles. 

The Hardys were originally going to win the belts that night is my understanding. I'm not understanding the issue here. So the Bucks are such terrible workers that FTR is heartbroken they didn't get to work with them at the PPV?

304900888_5403528949715213_5584082967915

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

That's better than backstage drama. That's Jimmy's Famous Seafood drama. 

Then Chris Cruise snitched to the commission about people blading.

The olden AEW days....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

God can you imagine Excalibur having to enthusiastically put over CM Punk as a beloved babyface after this, he'd probably top out at "arguably...a good...wrestler!"

If JR can grit his teeth for "best tag team in the world" for the Bucks, Ex will manage. 

• Haha 1