DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

So, I have been thinking about the possibility of an AEW Women's show. I was against it originally, as I felt that it segregated the performers from the main show. Now, however, I am of the mindset that it is a great idea. Have a women's only YouTube show, with weekly recaps on Dynamite and/or Rampage. The women end up getting more exposure, more reps, and greater character development, and the recaps take less time than a full match. Of course, big matches would still be on PPV. My only caveat is that TK needs to keep his hands off this show. It needs to be booked and produced by others. Thoughts?

The way to send a message, although I think it’s 95% work:

MJF cashes in, beats Punk with help from his little friends.

Grand Slam: Kingston pins MJF after BCC, FTR, and Wardlow come in and take out MJF’s little friends.

Co-main event at Grand Slam: Acclaimed get the titles.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, w. josh said:

You know, string theory says there's a world where we're talking about how it was the right move to keep the belt on Mox and how fun BCC vs. MJF and Stoke's Army could be.

Danielson vs Morrissey could be vastly better than when it was Bryan vs Big Cass

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuck man, neck fusion surgery for KOR and Adam Cole has a bad concussion.

Another one?  Cole’s been out for while now because he suffered two concussions in the space of a month.

41 minutes ago, madl said:

Another one?  Cole’s been out for while now because he suffered two concussions in the space of a month.

No, not another one. Meltzer was talking about it on WOR and it didn't sound great for Cole, but then that led to a discussion about Danielson working and not Cole.

2 hours ago, w. josh said:

You know, string theory says there's a world where we're talking about how it was the right move to keep the belt on Mox and how fun BCC vs. MJF and Stoke's Army could be.

Better still, a world with Bryan Danielson as AEW World Champion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, w. josh said:

String theory has nothing to say about that. Quantum mechanics, maybe. ? 

Dave Meltzer sounded very defensive and making excuses about this incident on WOR. 

But nothing that was said on Observer Radio today convinces me 100% that it wasn't a work either. 

If police were there, show me the police reports. We know security was there, but did police actually show up?

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Dave Meltzer sounded very defensive and making excuses about this incident on WOR. 

But nothing that was said on Observer Radio today convinces me 100% that it wasn't a work either. 

If police were there, show me the police reports. We know security was there, but did police actually show up?

Ok there, InfoWars.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

From Fightful:

Fightful heard back from Hoffman Estates Police Department, who said "Hoffman States Police Department does not have any police reports, nor any documentation that police were requested, during AEW All Out event for anything that allegedly occurred backstage. The only police response at the event was regarding a family issue in the audience."

Knock it off with the InfoWars BS.

Edited by TheVileOne

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm not hedging anything. 

Really?

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

It is disrespectful to the other talents because Punk's shenanigans became the story over all the legit great matches and storylines that happened on Sunday night.

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Also, I'm sorry, I think Punk comes off like an asshole for saying those things about Cabana and his mother. 

Not saying Cabana is faultless or blameless about this situation, but the man has never spoken publicly about his falling out with CM Punk.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

If I'm supposed to believe that none of this is a work, releasing that Being the Elite today did not convince me.

So most of this is a work except the part you're emotionally invested in not being a work?

Why are fans so frightened of being fooled by the carny pro wrestling people?

• Like 4

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

Really?

So most of this work except the part you're emotionally invested in not being a work?

Why are fans so frightened of being fooled by the carny pro wrestling people?

It's exhausting trying to say you aren't worked. Just be worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1