DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Here is the probably real reason why people might want to go back to WWE from AEW more than anything else:

If you are a wrestler looking to sign a five-year deal, who do you think is the better bet that you'll get paid over those five years?

Wasn't everything you said the case BEFORE Paul was in charge though? 

I don't like performers being this wishy-washy considering the new boss has only been in charge a month and a half. What happens when Paul loses all his brownie points in 4 or 5 months from now or does something with booking no one likes? They gonna start sending TK, "Hey bighead" texts at 2 in the morning? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

AEW right now feels to me like 91-92 WCW but successful. The TV and stories are haphazard but so many of the matches kick ass.

And that's  my favorite era of WCW.

I want a W. Morrissey vs. Satnam Singh stretcher match where no one actually gets put on a stretcher.

33 minutes ago, Casey said:

Malakai goes back to WWE, and is immediately fed to Cody Rhodes when he’s back from injury. Time is a flat circle.

"...To realize that all your wrestling career - you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memories, all your pain, all your pushes - it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream, a dream that you had inside a locked room, a dream about being a real wrestler. And like a lot of dreams, there's a monster at the end of it."

Triple%20H%20Throne%20Entrance%20Wrestle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I want a W. Morrissey vs. Satnam Singh stretcher match where no one actually gets put on a stretcher.

Deep cut that i understood! I was so fucking hyped for Sid vs. Gigante, so so ridiculously excited. And then OMG and Sully come in and there's zero stretcher. Such disappointment.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Dollars to donuts this is happening because of that weirdly vague Tumblr post Malakai Black posted that got spread on the Squared Circle reddit. 

nev6dkdom5l91.jpg?width=1018&auto=webp&s

Daniel Seco on Twitter: "@johnzaozirny "You know who had an arc?" "Noah.""  / Twitter

It's public knowledge that Black has depression issues, though one could probably have inferred it anyway. That said, one of the problems with Black is that he is the one who changes people - he himself is not the one who changes. This is somewhat compounded by the fact that mid-card feuds are often not ended particularly decisively (HoB won pretty much all their matches with Death Triangle iirc, but Pac got the All-Atlantic Title and not Malakai), and that feuds can often be rendered a bit non-special by being packed onto imho somewhat overloaded supercards.

Malakai signed a 5 year deal and Khan has been reasonably clear he isn't just letting go of people who made long-term commitments. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't do the whole 5, and retires and does something else. But I don't think it's sensible of internet wrestling fans to expect Khan just to let him go. Even on a mutually willing trade, I'm not sure who AEW would really want who WWE would even consider giving up (Alpha Academy maybe?).

• Like 2

Release Black.

Have Brodie King assume control of the Dark Order. Rename them “New Dark Order”. Sell one billion t shirts. Julia can replace Anna. We only need one group of spooky perverts in any one promotion.

Put Buddy in the mix with Omega, Danielson etc and get even more great matches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Release Black.

Have Brodie King assume control of the Dark Order. Rename them “New Dark Order”. Sell one billion t shirts. Julia can replace Anna. We only need one group of spooky perverts in any one promotion.

Put Buddy in the mix with Omega, Danielson etc and get even more great matches.

Black Throne is right there for the taking, unless Malakai has that trademarked or something.

Dark Order probably won’t be around by this time next year. Uno is heavily involved with AEW Games and is wrestling less and less (in AEW), Silver and Reynolds don’t really need the stable anymore, 10 sucks if we’re being honest, and Colt Cabana is going to ROH. It’s only a matter of time, really.

19 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Most definitely, though it leaves Adam Cole somewhat a man without a country.

PUT THE FUYCKING WORLD TITLE ON HIM!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

send him to NXT-UK or whatever will/has replaced it.

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

*BLOCKED*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

3 minutes ago, twiztor said:

send him to NXT-UK or whatever will/has replaced it.

*BLOCKED*

I'm on Team @twiztor. One of my rate disagreements with, @DEAN. Adam Cole does fuck all for me. I cursed the air blue when he showed up at All Out 2021 saying it was like waiting for Christmas but getting coal as a present. Thankfully Bryan Danielson debuted on the same show a few minutes after.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

One of my rate disagreements with, @DEAN. Adam Cole does fuck all for me. I cursed the air blue when he showed up at All Out 2021 saying it was like waiting for Christmas but getting coal as a present. Thankfully Bryan Danielson debuted on the same show a few minutes after.

I think one of my DREAM FEUDS would be Adam Cole versus Penta El Zero Miedo, so we don't see eye to eye on everything.  That's the beauty of Professional Wrestling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Regarding Black, look guys, you know what sucks? Having any kind of back injury. You can barely walk, let alone wrestle, and the solutions for it are absolute dogshit. Want to do a bunch of physical therapy that may or may not work? Want to go under the knife and risk something worse happening? And maybe those aren't even options if it's muscle related.

You what sucks even more? Having depression and a back injury. Back injuries by themselves are demoralizing because they take a basic thing away from you, walking and lifting and just standing up right. Having depression on top of it just compounds the issue. And the dude makes his living off of wrestling, which just makes everything even worse.

People just need to let the dude do his vague posts on his Tumblr or whatever the fuck without jumping to all of this speculation, which probably isn't helping the guy.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
43 minutes ago, Craig H said:

People just need to let the dude do his vague posts on his Tumblr or whatever the fuck without jumping to all of this speculation, which probably isn't helping the guy.

Asking wrestling fans not to speculate is like asking them not to breathe. Wrestling fans speculate about speculation!