DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

Good place for him. 

Yeah, it's pretty cool that there are more than a couple of places to work at this point. Not sure what it means for him financially, but at least he still has a place to put his talents to use and get some kind of compensation. He may end up doing on Impact what he was supposed to be doing in AEW, before his friends ended up showing up and made him a bigger deal.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It just hit me that we went from:

"Scott Steiner has a brown goatee and he bleaches the whole thing except a strip in the front"

to

"Scott Steiner has a white goatee and he dyes a strip in the front."

Father time is undefeated, friends.

Eh, we'll call it a draw!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shartnado said:

He may end up doing on Impact what he was supposed to be doing in AEW, before his friends ended up showing up and made him a bigger deal.

I thought his lower card gatekeeper run before he was hooked back up with the other guys was great (he also had some fun matches in MLW around then.) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Luigi Primo did a Reddit AMA and apparently came off as both an anti-vaxxer and somebody that protects abusers. Mama mia!

Came off? He totally sidestepped and/or ignored all questions regarding any of those issues, not a good look at all. I'm disappointed.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

Get this quick. Wanted to see Roman Reigns and AJ Styles go at it again ever since their great 2016 feud with the two matches at Payback and Extreme Rules. I know @Eivion has.

Wow , I didn't even know he still worked house shows. I know we got his schedule reduced with his new deal. I assumed he was on Brocks Schedule. That's so cool 

The Festival of Friendship was the last great WWE heel turn, IMO. Very good shout on that one, @The Natural

Re: Bobby Fish in Impact - I'm glad he's found somewhere to land, and agree with @(BP) that he was great in AEW around the time of the TNT title match - would have been a very good role for him even had they been unable to snatch up Cole/KOR.

Speaking more broadly, I really wish that one of Impact/NWA/MLW/GCW would get their shit together well enough to be a true #3 in the U.S. It's been over three years since AEW started and not one of them have approached the status of, let's say ECW in '98/99 - pretty surprising to me given that you have guys like Don Callis and Billy Corgan at the helm who were there for the first go 'round. 

(I'm leaving NJPW/AAA/other foreign promotions out of it, because you almost can't count them with Visa issues - maybe I should get into watching Strong?)

Edit: I've also been watching an Indy show on Pluto lately called PCW Ultra and there's a lot of familiar faces on that one - could maybe do a little damage with the right financial backing. Let's also not forget the Freddie Prince Jr thing, he's been awfully quiet lately.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Agreed, wildly incongruous - it reminds me of that famous picture of Undertaker (from I think possibly the Intrepid?) where he's got the US flag sewn into the lining of the duster, like, what dude? 

I think that was for Survivor Series when he was on a team facing a bunch of "foreign menaces".

It was like a colonial-era flag, wasn't it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Log said:

I think that was for Survivor Series when he was on a team facing a bunch of "foreign menaces".

It was like a colonial-era flag, wasn't it?

Yeahhhhh, that's what it was. I think the other team was like, Yoko, Bulldog, Owen and someone else. My brain wants to say Vader but I know that isn't right at all, I think he was still with WCW for that.

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Yeahhhhh, that's what it was. I think the other team was like, Yoko, Bulldog, Owen and someone else. My brain wants to say Vader but I know that isn't right at all, I think he was still with WCW for that.

Ludwig Borga, I think. But, then he left before the show, maybe?