DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

On 8/31/2022 at 10:45 PM, twiztor said:

PPVs on my docket to watch this month:
AEW All Out 2022
ROH Glory by Honor '02
WCW Halloween Havoc '94

All Out has been discussed to death in its own thread.

Glory by Honor was pretty good but seemingly derailed by late booking changes. i enjoyed @Gorman's commentary, even if it seemed like his broadcast partner didn't always mesh.

Halloween Havoc was largely not good. Hogan coming in to WCW has been mostly terrible (and i'm not even counting the next few years!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

What's Booker T's best match?

Probably one of the best of 7 matches with Chris Benoit in WCW, 1998 or with Bret Hart the same year.

Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio at the WWE Great American Bash 2006 and Booker T vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Finlay vs. Batista at WWE No Mercy 2006 as honourable mentions.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Now I’m not a Star Trek guy, so this is new to me, but James T Kirk really had the modern indie wrestling style down to a fine art

Looks like he was taking some liberties with that jobber too. Working stiff. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Now I’m not a Star Trek guy, so this is new to me, but James T Kirk really had the modern indie wrestling style down to a fine art

Tbf the John Woo dropkick should probably be the Alexander deLarge dropkick, and Stanley Kubrick basically invented ECW:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Tbf the John Woo dropkick should probably be the Alexander deLarge dropkick, and Stanley Kubrick basically invented ECW:

LIterally every CZW/GCW show ever.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nofuture said:

HHH getting all his gimmicks in.

When that report went around saying that HHH had more surprises in store, I figured one of those would be bringing WarGames to the main roster. And even still, I'm surprised it's happening.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I can only place Owens and Drew on the face side of the mens.  Can't figure out who to add to Damage Ctrl.

Whatever tag team is feuding with the Usos would go with the faces

Actually it could be Sheamus, Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland

Because then it gives you the easy out for who loses the fall to Roman

WWE's contract with HULU is expiring on Sat, Sept 24 and all of the available WWE content will be removed. If no new deal with Hulu, the rights to using the recent WWE footage and second day rights and more may all move to some other service. The fate of C show Main Event is up in the air.

Hulu have been working with WWE since 2012. 

• Like 1

So damn happy we are getting a WarGarmes match. Will be interesting to se who gets picked aside from the obvious in Owens and Drew if the Bloodline is involved. With Solo as NA champ I assume we get an NXT member. Still kind of hope we get at least one traditional Survivor Series match as well. Also wondering what this means for NXT. Feels like it would be overkill for them to do their annual WarGames.

Edited by Eivion

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

I can only place Owens and Drew on the face side of the mens.  Can't figure out who to add to Damage Ctrl.

On the ladies side, I'd guess Ronda & Shayna. Especially if they do Bianca and Liv on the same team.  My main question is if Naomi and Sasha  are back, would they get added here too. (Or just go straight to the title shot for the straps.)

21 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

His match with Bret at Bash at the Beach 98 was pretty good despite the shit finish. And I've always had a soft spot for his title win over Jarrett at Bash at the Beach 00.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:31 PM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Bruce Mitchell once had a great line on Booker's legit fight with Batista: "Was it **1/2 like every one of his matches?"

• Haha 2