DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

10 hours ago, zendragon said:

So its the wrestlers decision? Basically someone offers them enough money to do it? Would the idea of someone losing their mask orginate from the booker/ promotion or wrestler them selves?

Some it really depends on the level of the wrestler and how over the gimmick is. There are low card and jobber luchadores who have lost masks multiple times under different gimmicks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think he would be good with a tweaked gimmick but wearing the skeletal body suit with no mask would be strange. 

Super Parka lost his hood and still mostly wore the bodysuit and it looked okay. I definitely think that the long tights with the bones was a better look for him, but he was also in really good shape still. If LA ParK wanted to drop the bodysuit, it's a radically different body type we'd be seeing.

13 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

New wrestling crossword:

15:40, that top right section was full of ones that stumped me for a while!

re: masks, noticed Penta is in a mask v mask per the post above, Penta must hold the record for number of times his mask has been ripped without being unmasked at this point.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Me too. @S.K.o.S.One of my favorite things about these is how it shows we’re all on the same page with a common wrestling vernacular. 

I kind of enjoy that most crossword solvers would be completely powerless against these ones (barring a ton of Googling).

5 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I kind of enjoy that most crossword solvers would be completely powerless against these ones (barring a ton of Googling).

Even if they could google the names on some sort of factual basis, the lingo is what would get them. Wrestlers have their own carny but so do we.

• Like 4