DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

I'd rank the WALTER/GUNTHER big matches I've seen in WWE:

7. WALTER vs. Pete Dunne. NXT TakeOver: New York. I need to watch this again. Haven't seen it since it happened.

6. WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov. NXT UK TV, 29th October 2020.

5. Imperium vs. Undisputed Era. Worlds Collide 2020.

4. WALTER vs. Tommaso Ciampa. NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver.

3. WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov. NXT TakeOver 36. *****.

2. GUNTHER vs. Sheamus. Clash at the Castle 2022. *****.

1. WALTER vs. Tyler Bate. NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff. *****.

Might switch 1-2 around.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Reign Over Me was better. ?

And Uncut Gems was better than that.  

MJF and Sheamus are getting into it on Twitter.  Sheamus baited Max by saying heels wear scarves.  Friedman bit instantly. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lip should be playing Kev instead. There is nobody in Hollywood that has Kerry's horseface... is there? 

I appreciate it when a biopic doesn't get too caught up in making the actors look exactly like the people they're portraying.

Of course, my favorite music biopic is I'm Not There where the only actor who even really tries to look like Dylan is Cate Blanchett.

• Like 5

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

That arena might be good for nostalgia purposes, but unless they've made renovations recently, Dorton has no really heating or air conditioning system to speak of. I announced there in mid-November a few years back and it was freezing. Hope for a mild day or bundle up, I guess.

Though I guess if Ricky does the fire blowing thing that might be a bonus for a few moments.

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lip should be playing Kev instead. There is nobody in Hollywood that has Kerry's horseface... is there? 

I found it funny that they were in a promotion with a wrestler called the Missing Link but the Von Erich/Adkisson family were definitely somewhere on that evolutionary chart.

I had a feeling that they were going to make a Von Erich family biopic. That's just too much Oscar bait to leave on the table even if wrestling is carny as hell. 

• Haha 3