DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

You think he has time to watch AEW? I don't think its a matter of him not wanting to opposed to him just being super busy. .

Yeah, he's behind on his Dragons Gate viewing. I wonder who is his William Regal, his guy who keeps up with outside WWE talent on the indies and overseas 

16 hours ago, The Comedian said:

How has that shit not bombed out already? "Hey guys, let's do an Indy wrestling promotion where the gimmick is that we hate Indy wrestling!" Fuckin' brilliant I tell ya ...

Can someone explain what this means?  I know practically nothing about CYN so I’m not sure what Comedian means.  For that matter, it’s been quite a while since I paid attention to EC3.  What is Control Your Narrative and how are they an anti-Indy?

I did glance at their website last night.  The copy hyping a Braun-EC3 match by talking about Braun wrestling with his demons - is his true opponent…… himself? - was different.  Not in a good way, imo, but different.

Edited by madl

On 9/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

To me, Braun's most valuable use would be part of the returning trio of Braun, Rowan, & Bray (cult swamp variant). The Bloodline's dominance is one of the better parts of the product in the recent past. Why not try to capture some of that lightning in a bottle that was The Shield vs The Wyatt Family in a similar, but different form? Compelling little bit of business that could occupy The Bloodline until the run up to Mania.

Agreed - I wanted the cult swamp variant (awesome, btw) as a one-off for the AEW trios tournament before brackets were announced. If the match was good enough, and the crowd was into it enough, then you think about it. Braun was immobile the last I watched WWE, but Rowan looked good the few times I've seen him post-release, and Bray always looks to be in good shape whenever someone takes a pic with him at Whole Foods or whatever. That period of Wyatts/Shield/Evolution matches was dope

15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Yeah, he's behind on his Dragons Gate viewing. I wonder who is his William Regal, his guy who keeps up with outside WWE talent on the indies and overseas 

Honestly, I bet these days they just watch social media and the Observer to see who catches fire and who doesn't. After Takeshita had arguably one of the greatest excursions of all time just now, the rumors they wanted him came out almost immediately. "They're looking for a Japanese heavyweight." Since when??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

"This weed is so good it'll make you believe that booking yourself to go over Goldberg is a great idea."

" This weed will make you feel like you've been lawn-darted through the side of a tractor-trailer. "

This is relevant to my interests.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Looking forward to someone putting the video in super slow mo to imitate how you really drive when you're high, and Nash saying "whoooooo waaaaaants a treeeeeeeeat" like the David Cronenberg cameo in Fear and Loathing. 

This fucked me up for a second because that's a favorite movie of mine and I always thought that was Lyle Lovett - which indeed it was, but I can totally see the potential mixup!

• Thanks 1

Holy shit that WAS Lyle Lovett. I've been wrong for years. I should have just said "the club scene".

EDIT: You know what's funny is Fear and Loathing was on TV the other night and I watched through the credits, they listed Lyle and I wondered who his role was. Plus, the movie was on either HBO or Showtime Latino and thus en Espanol. If you haven't seen Fear and Loathing dubbed in Spanish, I highly recommend giving it a shot. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Soo at this point, given the landscape backstage, should SRS just name his source(s)? Is there some SRS agenda we don't know about? 

Just saying all roads seem to point back to this guy, don't they? If the seeds for all the backstage chaos are being planted by this fuck, I'd hope he's held accountable for his reporting and made to explain all his actions

Like it basically seems to originate with SRS, is he the same guy saying MJF had a flight booked outta town the same weekend MJF no showed the fanfest?

All I'm saying, right, two things can both be absolutely true

1) Punk is a jerk in real life

2) Sapp is just looking to add subs so he takes the click bait shit to a distasteful level

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Like 2

So I was flipping around the dial the other night (All right there is no dial but scanning an onscreen TV guide doesn't sound as laid-back) and came across those WWE shows on A&E and I saw them talking about the Bellas and assumed it was a documentary about them and tuned out, only for them to start talking about Stephanie and the show was actually "WWE Rivals: Stephanie McMahon vs Brie Bella" with a write-up that trumpeted the Brie-Stephanie feud and how it was the first time women proved they could have a main event-level feud and match and I do NOT remember that feud/match being that big of a deal. 

This is WWE rewriting history, right? Even at the time, I don't remember this being a big deal but saying it basically rewrote womens' wrestling in the States is some high-level WWE craziness, right? Or was this some sleeper turning point that I somehow blacked out on?!

• Like 3