DVDVR Message Board

September 2022 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

I mean, he’s a HHH guy, so of course he’s going to get another chance like every unsigned HHH guy is, but man. Dude was *thoroughly* washed by the end of his run there. I don’t see what value he brings to the table at this point.

I would’ve thrown that money at W. Morrissey.

• Like 9

Ryan Katz has also confirmed he is returning to the WWE

He did say he didn't know what his role was going to be yet. He also said he was supposed to start today (Sept 1) but his start has been "pushed back"

34 minutes ago, EVA said:

I mean, he’s a HHH guy, so of course he’s going to get another chance like every unsigned HHH guy is, but man. Dude was *thoroughly* washed by the end of his run there. I don’t see what value he brings to the table at this point.

Remember 9 months ago when everyone was slandering Tony Khan for brining in former WWE talent to try to pop a rating? Looks like HHH is trying to bring in former WWE people to try to pop a rating...

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I only advocate for this return if it’s a one-shot where he’s fed to Breakker in 49 seconds over the rights to the phonic “Bron”

If they do some chicanery to split the belts and get the WWE Title on Drew, I kind of see him coming in to be the first daunting challenge. 

He definitely needs to be special attraction and limited in use. 

How big a part of EC’s promotion was Braun supposed to be?  EC announced a very ambitious touring schedule for fall and early winter.

Not overly excited to see Braun come back, but it’s a smart move if they’re getting him back at the right price.  Supposedly, a lot of his release had to do with his high-dollar contract.  Also, had to do with Vince thinking Braun was expendable since the company had Omos and Commander Azeez to fill the giant role.  Lol, I don’t think Braun is a super-worker or anything, but he’s a huge upgrade from Omos and Azeez.  

• Like 3

Braun was generally solid-good and mostly lost his momentum due to shit booking including how long it took him to actually win the belt. I think he should do ok dependign on how he used.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Didn't he get fired for multiple reasons from WWE? Has he improved dramatically since then because I don't recall him being anywhere near as good as Braun. besides i thought Morrisey just joined AEW.

I'm with EVA on this one. If we're talking about prime Braun from that Roman feud, then hell yeah. But the dude's knees disintegrated in only a matter of years. If he's a train then he's a slow moving train that nearly crawls to a stop when you're at the train tracks. Like, if he got the best stem cells in the world and pumped his knees and joints full of them to get back whatever he had years ago then awesome. Otherwise, meh. I mean, Satnam Singh is 7'8" and is probably more agile that Braun was the last time I saw him. 

W. Morrissey has indeed come a long, long, long way since he was released by WWE. It was clear he was all kinds of fucked up at the time he was released and then after. He would have been the better choice to hire back, but yeah, it appears TK snatched him up after Morrisey didn't re-sign with Impact. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm with EVA on this one. If we're talking about prime Braun from that Roman feud, then hell yeah. But the dude's knees disintegrated in only a matter of years. If he's a train then he's a slow moving train that nearly crawls to a stop when you're at the train tracks. Like, if he got the best stem cells in the world and pumped his knees and joints full of them to get back whatever he had years ago then awesome. Otherwise, meh. I mean, Satnam Singh is 7'8" and is probably more agile that Braun was the last time I saw him. 

W. Morrissey has indeed come a long, long, long way since he was released by WWE. It was clear he was all kinds of fucked up at the time he was released and then after. He would have been the better choice to hire back, but yeah, it appears TK snatched him up after Morrisey didn't re-sign with Impact. 

On the note of giants who can move, Satnam is definitely one of the most limber we've seen this side of a young Khali

• Like 2

So HHH is head of creative, right? And I guess something to do with "talent relations"? How does any of that give him license to make all these financial decisions? I mean sure, he's sleeping with the (co-)CEO, but might not the shareholders get a little nervous about this day-one spending spree from the new guy? You'd think Steph and Nick would be wary of that.

Edited by Dog

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Somebody else wants to leave AEW but their request was denied. Gonna have to wait for more info later.

The sourcing on that is pretty dubious. I’ve seen that rumor on Twitter too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madl said:

Not overly excited to see Braun come back, but it’s a smart move if they’re getting him back at the right price.  Supposedly, a lot of his release had to do with his high-dollar contract.  Also, had to do with Vince thinking Braun was expendable since the company had Omos and Commander Azeez to fill the giant role.  Lol, I don’t think Braun is a super-worker or anything, but he’s a huge upgrade from Omos and Azeez.  

I don't see how anyone could watch what Azeez and Omos had done to the point of Braun's release and could see either of them ever being better than Braun. And I'm far from a Braun fan.

9 hours ago, Gorman said:

Hope you enjoy my play-by-play.

oh, very cool that you commentated on that! it will be a couple weeks before i get there, but it adds one more thing to look forward to. i enjoyed how you worked as a bit of the middle man during the Moosin MMA event (i may have mentioned that before?)

i'm really just starting a ROH watch, did you work a lot of their events?

5 hours ago, Dog said:

I mean sure, [HHH]'s sleeping with the (co-)CEO

come on, man. he and Stephanie have been together ~23 years and married for 19. by saying he's "sleeping with the CEO" you make it sound like he has some short-term sexual benefits being granted.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I don't see how anyone could watch what Azeez and Omos had done to the point of Braun's release and could see either of them ever being better than Braun. And I'm far from a Braun fan.

GOD DAMMIT PAL THEY’RE BIG THEY DON’T NEED TO KNOW HOW TO WORK!  NOBODY EVER MISTOOK ANDRE FOR THESZ!

• Thanks 1