DVDVR Message Board

POLL 8/20-8/26/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? CONTENTIOUS!

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Allysin Kay/Marti Belle vs Kaci Lennox/ Missa Kate- NWA USA
    • Willie Mack vs Lord Crewe vs Levi Shapiro- CWFH
    • Shane Haste vs Danny Limelight vs Jack Banning- CWFH
    • Chris Bey vs Taylor Rust vs Bateman- CWFH
    • Emi Sakura/ Maki Ito vs Hikaru Shida/ Skye Blue- DARK ELEVATION
    • Edge vs Damien Priest- RAW
    • Kevin Owens vs Chad Gable- RAW
    • Dolph Ziggler vs Finn Balor- RAW
    • Asuka/ Alexa Bliss vs Dakota Kai/ IYO SKY- RAW
    • Wendy Choo vs Tiffany Stratton- NXT
    • Tyler Bate vs Von Wagner- NXT
    • Legado del Fantasmo vs the Dyad- NXT
    • Daniel Garcia vs Westin Blake- AEW DARK
    • United Empire vs Death Triangle- DYNAMITE
    • Dax Harwood vs Jay Lethal- DYNAMITE
    • KiLynn King vs Britt Baker- DYNAMITE
    • Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi- New Japan on AXS
    • Mia Yim/ Jordynne Grace vs Deonna Purrazzo/ Chelsea Green- IMPACT!
    • Josh Alexander vs Vincent- IMPACT!
    • KUSHIDA/ Alex Shelley/ Chris Sabin vs Cody Deaner/ Joe Doering/ Eric Young- IMPACT!
    • Happy Corbin vs Ricochet- SMACKDOWN
    • Sonya Deville/Natalya vs Aliyah/ Raquel Rodriguez- SMACKDOWN
    • Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayne- SMACKDOWN
    • Dark Order vs House of Black- RAMPAGE
    • Sammy Guevara/Tay Melo vs Ruby Soho/ Ortiz- RAMPAGE
    • Claudio Castagnoli vs Dustin Rhodes- RAMPAGE

AEW had a WON five star match and four and quarter match.  RAW had Chad Gable and Kevin Owens.  I am going with the WWE for the first time!  HHH! HHH! HHH!  Actually, my number two is Ospreay vs Takagi from New Japan on AXS.  THEN the UE vs Death Triangle.  THEN VBD vs Time Machine.  It's WIDE OPEN this week!

• DEAN pinned this topic

Ospreay/Aussies-Triangle had the most mind-blowing high-spots and also the most roll-your-eyes suspension of disbelief moments (You guys stand still while I get my balance) and also the worst forearms of the week.

Choo-Stratton was sooo stupid and sooo much fun. There was no need to suspend your disbelief, because it was so stupid in the first place (Since when has a 'Lights Out' match mean that you turn half the lights in the arena off!?!?).

My point? Maybe if the trios match had opened with the Aussies getting out of a ringside bed, it might have gotten my vote. But I went Choo-Stratton for doing everything it was supposed to perfectly.

• Like 1

Voted for Ospreay and the Aussies v Death Triangle, but love seeing a deadlock with that terrific Owens-Gable bout. Dax-Lethal was a darkhorse beauty as well. Shingo v Ospreay-ya-say!? Just skimming Impact now to have a look at that Trios bout.

• Like 2

Went with Choo/Stratton. Missed too much of the other Raw matches aside from Priest/Edge which was good, but I enjoyed the Lights Out match from NXT more. Ospreay/Takagi was good, but also the overkill hat brings things down for me a bit. I surprisingly enough enjoyed White/O'Khan from that episode more despite White going a little overboard with being obnoxious. Almost wonder if I should have given Corbin/Ricochet a vote because it was as good as many of the other matches this week, and Corbin deserves more of look than some would think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I think Ospreay's won my vote every time he's appeared in AEW thus far.  Impact trios was fun but second to AEW's killer match for me.

IMPACT"'s heart is BROKEN!

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Went with Choo/Stratton. Missed too much of the other Raw matches aside from Priest/Edge which was good, but I enjoyed the Lights Out match from NXT more. Ospreay/Takagi was good, but also the overkill hat brings things down for me a bit. I surprisingly enough enjoyed White/O'Khan from that episode more despite White going a little overboard with being obnoxious. Almost wonder if I should have given Corbin/Ricochet a vote because it was as good as many of the other matches this week, and Corbin deserves more of look than some would think.

Ricochet was also a total freak in that match.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Went with Owens/Gable. First time I've voted for a WWE match in a while.

This was the first time I didn't go AEW.  But it was really close.  It's a good time to be a wrestling fan.  Hell, the Impact trios match was like 4 1/2 stars and it hasn't gotten a vote.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Dark always seems to edge them out the weeks they're up for contendership!

Oh, I don't think I would ever vote for them.  I'm just wondering if SOMEBODY would vote for them.  I mean, they're good enough to make the cut but not quite good enough to garner a vote yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DEAN said:

This was the first time I didn't go AEW.  But it was really close.  It's a good time to be a wrestling fan.  Hell, the Impact trios match was like 4 1/2 stars and it hasn't gotten a vote.

AEW's heart is truly BROKEN! because this could be the deciding factor in victory or defeat!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

That trios match was truly awful, and I am higher on Osprey then you would guess I would be

THE MOB HAS SPOKEN!

I've decided not to vote since I don't have time to watch most of these and none of the AEW matches this week were clear runaway winners (my faves were Dax-Lethal and Shida&Blue-Emi&Itoh)

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I've decided not to vote since I don't have time to watch most of these and none of the AEW matches this week were clear runaway winners (my faves were Dax-Lethal and Shida&Blue-Emi&Itoh)

Just vote for your favorite match of what you saw.  Nobody but me and maybe @J.T. watch all these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Just vote for your favorite match of what you saw.  Nobody but me and maybe @J.T. watch all these.

Ok, and it looks like my vote for Dax-Lethal isn’t going to be a tiebreaker for the winner so I’m fine with that.

• Thanks 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic