DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/1/22 - Dallas, TX

*Taped for BTI: Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey) def. JD Griffey & Exodus Prime (7:05) when Ace pinned Exodus after The Fold

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 1, 2022 from Dallas, TX

*Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (8:19) when Taven pinned Anderson after the Proton Pack to WIN the Impact Worlds Tag Team Championships.

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Kenny King (w/ Maria Kanellis) (12:50) with a hurricarana to retain the X Division Championship after King originally won, but the match was restarted due to Maria's interference.

*Mickie James comes to the ring to address her future. Mickie announces that she is not retiring but she is going to issue open challenges until she gets a knockouts title shot, however if she loses before getting the title shot, she will retire.

*Mascara Dorada def. Alex Zayne (12:34) with the Dorada Driver to become #1 contender to the X Division Championship.

*Masha Slamovich def. Deonna Purrazzo (w/ Chelsea Green) (15:11) after the Snow Plow to become #1 contender to the knockouts championship at Bound for Glory. After the match, Jordynne Grace comes out for a staredown with Masha and gives Masha her own picture with the red X on it.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Chris Bey and Ace Austin take on two local Texas guys, who I guess aren't Houston guys because I didn't recognize them.  RIGHT NOW!  EDIT:  Chris Bey is so fucking good.  HE makes these youngsters look like a million bucks.

• Like 2

We start right off with Matt Taven and Mike Bennett taking on the Good Brothers for the strap!  Mike Bennett is pretty underrated.  Matt Taven is really underrated.  I liked his ROH title run, so don't listen to me.  He hits a nice neckbreaker.  They have a good midgrade match.  After watching AEW and WWE throw it into overdrive lately to get my eyes on their assorted products, I'm not sure what I expect from a basic good wrestling match in IMPACT!  The thing is that none of these guys are flashy.  Taven is a good midgrade big guy high flier.  Mike Bennett is really good having good, stiff singles matches.  HEY!  HONOR NO MORE ARE YOUR NEW IMPACT! TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!  Well, that's cool.  They are a good heel tag team.  I imagine they will be good against a good babyface tagteam.   Hey!  Bring on Ace Austin and Chris Bey.  Hell, turn Eric Young and Cody Deaner face.  Oh yeah, you got the Motor City Machine Guns and the Timesplitters too.  Eddie has HEAT with PCO!  PCO has been turning babyface since like 18 months ago.  Here we go!  Kenny King versus Speedball Mike Bailey for the X-Division strap seems more like an attempt to keep up with AEW and WWE flexing it's muscle.  Kenny King is so fucking good.  What a great fucking heel.  Great powerslam by King.  Speedball gets in a flurry of offense and  King cuts him off by raking the eyes.  Because he's a HEEL!  GREAT Exploider into the side of the ring by King!  King hits a GREAT Spinebuster!  Kenny King is fucking awesome.  Speedball gets a nearfall with his flipping twisting thingy that he does. Ref bump!  LOWBLOW BY KING!  Another ref for TWO!  KING WINS KING WINS!  BOOOO! DUSTY FINISH!  BOOOOO!  They restart the match.  Speedball hits a Silver King moonsault.  Speedball reverses King's finisher to win!  A sullied win, to be sure.  It's fucking professional wrestling!  What is this reversing the ref's decision shit?  Hey! It's Aussie Open!  So they are wrestling everybody.  That's cool.  Aussie Open versus Chris Bey and Ace Austin should RULE.  That was an awesome lowkey "Goodbye for now" to Joe Doering.  Mickie James isn't retiring!  This will be fun- if Mickie James loses, she retires.  SO I guess Masha Slamovich is retiring Micky James.  Josh, Heath and Eddie do a foray into DRAMA!  Will Josh turn to Honor No More?!  I'm guessing, "why would he do that?"  Alex Zane versus Mascara Dorada is a BIG attempt to match AEW and WWE.  This is very New Japan Junior style.  They smack each other on the outside until Zane drops him on the apron.  Alex Zane does a SUPER FUN elbow drop on the apron and hits a tricked-out Asai Moonsault by starting in the ring and bouncing his way to fly out to the floor.  Mascara Dorada starts being all spectacular and whatnot.  Fucking BEAUTIFUL Plancha off the top,  A TOTALLY MAJESTIC midrope SENTON by Mascara Dorada.  Zane hits some wacky finishers for some cool nearfalls.  You can tell that Mascara Dorada was in WWE for a while.  He really sets up his highspots really methodically.  The Dorada Driver looks really awesome.  I hope both of these guys hang around.  Alex Zane should be developing into a main event guy sooner than later.   YUYA!  UEMURA!  AWESOME!  IMPACT! is loading up.  The main event should be good.  Masha Slamovich versus Deonna Purrazzo is the first dream match I thought of when IMPACT! signed Masha Slamovich.  FUN hint at the Northern Lights Bomb.  Chelsea CHEATS and Deonna takes advantage!  Oh man, this match is NASTY.  Pretty much what I expected.  This match is fucking GREAT.  Oh man,  Purrazzo is so fucking awesome.  THE GNARLIEST AIR RAID CRASH IN THE HISTORY OF NORTH AMERICA!  Masha Slamovich is also fucking Awesome.  NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB!  MASHA SLAMOVICH OVER DEONNA PURRAZZO!  That was fucking great.  Masha versus Jordynn Grace is going to RULE.

• Like 2

Amazing main event! Two of my absolute favorites in all of pro wres. Very glad they got the time to go all out in the main event spot and Masha got to have a real match this time around. Deonna is greatness at everything, every time. Masha has been on fire. And Chelsea was fantastic at ringside with her mannerisms throughout. Loved this. Definitely an earned victory, nice set up for Masha/Jordynne which should be epic.

Cool to see JD & Exodus getting an entrance on BTI, both looking like potential stars. Even though JD is a 15 year vet, he's got a unique style and would be a cool fit anywhere.

Opener was fun and led nicely in to the King/Bailey match with Honor No More trying to capture all the titles. Taven and especially Bennett's excitement over the tag titles in the backstage scene was great. Speedball/King ruled, I enjoyed the restart with the very subtle "original ref sees what happened" spot. Dorada/Zayne ruled as well, both looked good and Dorada/Speedball sounds excellent. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Amazing main event! Two of my absolute favorites in all of pro wres. Very glad they got the time to go all out in the main event spot and Masha got to have a real match this time around. Deonna is greatness at everything, every time. Masha has been on fire. And Chelsea was fantastic at ringside with her mannerisms throughout. Loved this. Definitely an earned victory, nice set up for Masha/Jordynne which should be epic.

I am beating you to voting for this in the weekly poll.  MY FIRST IMPACT! VOTE!  (Unless something CRAZY happens on SMACKDOWN or RAMPAGE tomorrow.  But I can't imagine anything being better than that though.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I am beating you to voting for this in the weekly poll.  MY FIRST IMPACT! VOTE!  (Unless something CRAZY happens on SMACKDOWN or RAMPAGE tomorrow.  But I can't imagine anything being better than that though.)

We are THRILLED to have your vote!! Welcome to Team IMPACT!

• Thanks 1

I didn't see all of this but did see three things. 

1. Mascara Dorada shows up out of nowhere with the biggest highspots ever. He crushed Zayne with that senton, jeez the guy had internal blood coming out of his mouth. Brutal. 

2. The main event was totally killer. I'm not sure why Grace was wearing evening attire, it was like she just got back from a funeral. 

3. Mickie not only looked great (see above) but legit made me cry. That poor woman has been through some shit in her career. 

Oh and hey Tommy has his job back! Uh... good? Not good? 

• Like 2