DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

2 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

"Mark Davis is the powerhouse of the team" Immediately followed by him gently rubbing his forearms across Pac's face. 

Also for a balls to the wall spotfest, we sure had long sections of Pac balancing himself on the top rope, making faces while everyone stood around

Yeah, although that one time ended with Ospreay getting the knees up so I’ll give them that.

I also will say that Penta and Ospreay were competing for the “even by lucha standards, that’s a goofy ridiculous oversell” prize.

Oh man, your going with the Jay Lethal/Dax Harwood match for your Ringer article, aren't you?  Or maybe you're waiting for Claudio/Dustin.

If you couldn’t tell by my flurry of late responses, I just got to watch this afternoon, and mostly avoided spoilers (other than Rosa).

That opening segment was how to open a show with talk/angle-building instead of a match. Agree with everything said about Garcia as an actor and really selling the “insecure jock asshole” character. He’s always reminded me in a weird way of Mark Wahlberg, and even more so now.

Lethal-Dax was awesome, incredibly hard hitting, a little bit of a surprise at the end followed by a huge surprise after.

I like Rosa, she’s been off lately and I’ve said for weeks I think she’s working hurt. Maybe she’s also a little mad about having to lose, but Baker is hardly the person to call her out on that, or on being unprofessional in the ring, and that shitty cheap shot about working hurt. Storm should get the title and Hayter-Baker should have a falling out.

Baker-King was fine, I’d like to see more of KiLynn and less of Britt.

The Father-Son match was a great angle in a very pedestrian match. I feel very correctly called out for shitting on NAO while praising The Acclaimed catchphrases. Difference is Acclaimed are likable and are good to excellent workers. Really looking forward to SitG/Acclaimed.

Mox-Punk was a shocker, in a good way.

The main was over-the-top in a way that I mostly enjoyed, with my quibbles about Davis’s weak strikes, Penta spamming as always, and the overbooking of the end (and a couple of the spots being a little too much).  PAC is so fucking good. Ospreay is so good at being a prick who is incredibly athletic and mostly very smooth with his moves. Rey Fenix deserves a singles title for flippy dudes. Aussie Open are a WiP although they do bump really well for tall dudes. Penta gets on my last nerve.

Looking forward to tonight!

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

I am waiting for Dustin vs. Claudio. If not, IWA-MS legend Cash Flo was on Dark right? 

Holy shit, I didn't even register that was him. Looks like he morphed into Greg Valentine at some point. I'd always assumed he had retired years ago, but it looks like he's been working consistently in the current OVW incarnation.

2 hours ago, just drew said:

Daniel Garcia reminds me of Wahlberg in “the Other Guys.” Macho to the point of being incapable of rational thought…

Daniel Garcia reminds me of Channing Tatum from Foxcatcher.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, Pedro said:

is this Paintedbynumbers?  Hopefully this guy doesn't have to go through the shit I did. 

No because you are dawg. We all know that and we've moved past it. I didn't ask for you to be banned in the first place. So I don't have an issue with your return. I just roll my eyes seeing people say you're getting bullied. Like nope, you're allowed to call out a shit poster's shit posts. That's not bullying. But carry on. You're due for another Polinski name drop or a freak out over an autograph signing issue anytime now.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 1:18 AM, TheVileOne said:

If this is all just storytelling, putting this match on free TV makes even less sense. 

I know I'm way late to this, and I may have missed some posts trying to jam like 18 pages of reading in one setting. But I can understand if you don't like this direction. Perfectly acceptable opinion. But to say it doesn't make sense? Insert Dwight "False" gif here.

So interim titles in a worked sport are kind of a forgone conclusion. The guy coming back is going to win. That's one thing to keep in mind. Another thing to keep in mind is they need a hook beyond that for the ppv. Mox being on fire and then just losing to Punk does more harm to both Mox & Punk than good. So with the benefit of a few days to see what's happening, it's all pretty obvious to me.

Instead of just having Punk beat Mox in the unification match at All Out, which hurts Mox, and hurts Punk because people are digging Mox... they came up with this interesting story tweak. It's still gonna end with Punk as a champion and officially starting whatever story he was supposed to start in June but in September now. But the way they did it gave Mox some shine. He whooped Punk's ass. His interim reign became legitimate. He is the first 2 time world champion. It makes total sense to me. This is a way to make both guys better off coming out of the story than just Punk wins the unification.

This is almost a thank you and a sign of major respect they are giving to Mox. They could have just had him lose. But they gave him this mini run and that great moment of the shock destruction of Punk. So now even when he loses, he can still hang his hat on all that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

No because you are dawg. We all know that and we've moved past it. I didn't ask for you to be banned in the first place. So I don't have an issue with your return. I just roll my eyes seeing people say you're getting bullied. Like nope, you're allowed to call out a shit poster's shit posts. That's not bullying. But carry on. You're due for another Polinski name drop or a freak out over an autograph signing issue anytime now.

so since it's cool to respond to shit poster's shit posts I decided to respond to yours.

Again, I am not Painted. Most people have accepted it and like my posts or chat with me in a civil manner. Since you are incapable of doing it that's all on you. You want me to name drop Polinskis?  How about Alexander Polinski from Charles in Charge? Does that make you happy? 

Why do mods let you do this shit? It adds nothing to the conversation about wrestling. You just try to stir shit and it's old and overplayed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:51 PM, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I think we end up with a Cobra Kai type deal with the Garcia/Danielson stuff.

Garcia/Robby chooses Danielson/Larusso over Jericho/Kreese, which causes friction with Yuta/Miguel and Moxley/Johnny.

Hopefully leading to Moxley creating his own Eagle Fang dojo of course.

Martin Kove Reveals How His Latest AEW Dynamite Appearance Got Put Together  | 411MANIA

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Lots of news seems to be developing about Thunder Rosa. Brit currently trending on twitter over it as well. It's interesting to me because Thunder hasn't really had a memorable reign. Brit cut some great promo's and had some decent matches during her reign. IMHO neither should represent the company as a champion. Ruby was hot for a month before they shifted focus elsewhere, Toni Storm could do it or Athena. The biggest issue with the women's division is that so many of the ladies are left off of Rampage/Dynamite and when they do make it on they are put in meaningless matches. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Lots of news seems to be developing about Thunder Rosa. Brit currently trending on twitter over it as well. It's interesting to me because Thunder hasn't really had a memorable reign. Brit cut some great promo's and had some decent matches during her reign. IMHO neither should represent the company as a champion. Ruby was hot for a month before they shifted focus elsewhere, Toni Storm could do it or Athena. The biggest issue with the women's division is that so many of the ladies are left off of Rampage/Dynamite and when they do make it on they are put in meaningless matches. 

Of the four in the All Out match, I think the best bet is to stay the course with Storm here, or if it's Hayter, have the finish play out with Baker as part of the final stretch. I personally wouldn't be opposed to Britt being the first two title women's champ because it'd add some gravitas to her boasting but if that happens, it's the inverse of Lex Luger's 97 WCW Title run. Shida would also be great in light of how long her first reign was, she'd also be a two time champ and plus if there's anyone Britt Baker will lose to, it's Shida. She's beaten her several times in singles, and once in a four way as well.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

so since it's cool to respond to shit poster's shit posts I decided to respond to yours.

Again, I am not Painted. Most people have accepted it and like my posts or chat with me in a civil manner. Since you are incapable of doing it that's all on you. You want me to name drop Polinskis?  How about Alexander Polinski from Charles in Charge? Does that make you happy? 

Why do mods let you do this shit? It adds nothing to the conversation about wrestling. You just try to stir shit and it's old and overplayed.  

Would you two either put each other on ignore or just shut up and kiss each other already, god damn.

Just now, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

Would you two either put each other on ignore or just shut up and kiss each other already, god damn.

This guy has an issue with me. It's sad. I said nothing about him at all and he has to go and pull his same shit so I responded. I'm not going to let someone continue to lie over and over. How many times to I have to bring up mods or ask these douches to stop before they do it?  How many have defended me on here saying I'm not Painted?  At this point it's just fucking annoying.

He is free to ignore my posts all he wants. Hell, i'd prefer it actually.   

6 minutes ago, porksweats said:

Of the four in the All Out match, I think the best bet is to stay the course with Storm here, or if it's Hayter, have the finish play out with Baker as part of the final stretch. I personally wouldn't be opposed to Britt being the first two title women's champ because it'd add some gravitas to her boasting but if that happens, it's the inverse of Lex Luger's 97 WCW Title run. Shida would also be great in light of how long her first reign was, she'd also be a two time champ and plus if there's anyone Britt Baker will lose to, it's Shida. She's beaten her several times in singles, and once in a four way as well.

I wouldn't mind Storm winning for a couple of reasons.

1. It would build to her VS Thunder for both belts.  Maybe ladder match?

2. Fans still are high on Toni. Give her a long reign under Kris comes back and have them feud over the belt.

Shida is another good choice but is she staying in the US full time? 

If Brit and Thunder hate each other it's probably best to keep them away for the time being. Thunder-Brit have had some fun matches but it's time for something fresh.

Hayter doesn't scream face of the women's division to me. Ugh, if it were up to me I'd put Ruby in and give her the rub. She needs something to do.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

You brought it up in this thread. Don’t know how someone can get big mad over the bait they put down being picked up. 

One day you will have something good to add to this site John. I can't wait to see when/what it is.

Never change. 

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I wouldn't mind Storm winning for a couple of reasons.

1. It would build to her VS Thunder for both belts.  Maybe ladder match?

2. Fans still are high on Toni. Give her a long reign under Kris comes back and have them feud over the belt.

Shida is another good choice but is she staying in the US full time? 

If Brit and Thunder hate each other it's probably best to keep them away for the time being. Thunder-Brit have had some fun matches but it's time for something fresh.

Hayter doesn't scream face of the women's division to me. Ugh, if it were up to me I'd put Ruby in and give her the rub. She needs something to do.  

Storm is definitely the safest choice. Regarding Shida, even if she was over in Japan, there's no reason we can't still get defenses in other promotions. It isn't like we still don't have the TBS title at play here. I'm not thinking of Rosa as a factor here in any form until we get more word of her being healthy, she sounds in rough shape. Ruby's got her own program going on though which is good because she can be a strong contender to both Storm or Shida, both of which she has never faced.

• Like 2