DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

AEW is the opposite of WCW.  I remember WCW being chaotic and slapped together but it just led to shitty main events with Hogan or Nash or Hall.  The undercard always delivered the goodness and kept me around.  AEW is chaotic and slapped together but HERE you get The Forbidden Door PPV and the last two weeks main events.  AND the undercard is also awesome.  WWE currently is delivering on the main events and the undercard but it seems more planned and less chaotic.  Either way, I am happy with the good wrestling.

WCW's chaos just led to constant repetitiveness. It was the Groundhog Day of wrestling with like 5000 nWo run-ins throughout a show and Buff Bagwell's stupid hats in between a **** match between Malenko and Juvi that unfortunately never led to anything because they weren't allowed to go anywhere. 

AEW's chaos to me feels like ECW chaos. God knows how much last-second changes had to happen in ECW because of Sleaze Thread shenanigans or a dude jumping ship for a better payday or Heyman coming up with an idea in his mother's laundry room after 2 Cold Scorpio stumbled onto something in a promo to set up a quadruple turn that we all pretended worked at the time. It's a disorganized and crazy mess. There are some sloppy things. But at the end of the day I really like most of the show because it's a lot of fun. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I think we end up with a Cobra Kai type deal with the Garcia/Danielson stuff.

Garcia/Robby chooses Danielson/Larusso over Jericho/Kreese, which causes friction with Yuta/Miguel and Moxley/Johnny.

Hopefully leading to Moxley creating his own Eagle Fang dojo of course.

I approve.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Just as Tony is telling wwe to fuck off for tampering. 

Hey, it's not tampering when WE do it, only when they do!

Edited by Shartnado
The comment was in the wrong column, there
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I think we end up with a Cobra Kai type deal with the Garcia/Danielson stuff.

Garcia/Robby chooses Danielson/Larusso over Jericho/Kreese, which causes friction with Yuta/Miguel and Moxley/Johnny.

Hopefully leading to Moxley creating his own Eagle Fang dojo of course.

Gabe is that you?

#factionwarfare

On 8/24/2022 at 9:28 PM, just drew said:

I’m not sure how anyone could’ve disliked this show. I’ll have my full review later but goddamn was that cool…

Yeah, my only minor complaints were Britt’s cheap shot at Rosa then botching like 3 moves, the main event ending, and the big Aussie guy’s pathetic forearm and elbow strikes.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:52 PM, porksweats said:

They showed footage of Pac's international defenses of the All Atlantic title on Dark and that's where it started the angle. Then interaction with Penelope Ford on Dark, then mentioned on commentary on her Rampage match. They've been putting it out there.

Tony is trying to make the YouTube shows more meaningful by cross-running angles and giving people win streaks on them for the TV shows.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Yeah, my only minor complaints were Britt’s cheap shot at Rosa then botching like 3 moves, the main event ending, and the big Aussie guy’s pathetic forearm and elbow strikes.

"Mark Davis is the powerhouse of the team" Immediately followed by him gently rubbing his forearms across Pac's face. 

Also for a balls to the wall spotfest, we sure had long sections of Pac balancing himself on the top rope, making faces while everyone stood around

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1