DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

AEW did over a million viewers and they ranked No. 1 this week, but they hot-shotted CM Punk vs. Moxley for the first time in doing so, and they have on paper no main event for AEW All Out. 

And they did nothing to follow up Punk's comments on Hangman Page, who wasn't on TV again this week. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

So let's talk about this 4 way for the title. I know Dave is all like, well, um, uh, you have to put your title on the biggest character, and, you know, that has to be, umm, that's gotta be Baker

I get Adam ‘s general point that the women’s division has lost a lot of ground since they took the title off Britt, but I’m skeptical Britt is going to save the division single-handedly.  They need to build a core of women audiences want to see.  I was surprised Dave now thinks Toni isn’t the right person to hook fans right now (I ageee.  Just surprised to hear David say it).

I think they put the title on Britt and run Toni-Britt, but Britt-Hayter sounds more interesting aside from both women being better as heels.

WO said Rosa is working through a back injury.  No timetable for her return, which makes the interim title thing particularly strange.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
Autocorrect is plotting against me
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Log said:

We really need an eye roll emoji on this board. 

Whenever someone uses that Rock gif it triggers everyone for at least half a page, so I don’t think that would be productive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I get Adam ‘s general point that the women’s division has lost a lot of ground since they took the title off Britt, but I’m skeptical Britt is going to save the division single-handedly.  They need to build a core of women audiences want to see.  I was surprised Dave now thinks Toni isn’t the right person to hook fans right now (I ageee.  Just surprised to hear David say it).

I think they put the title on Britt and run Toni-Britt, but Britt-Hager sounds more interesting aside from both women being better as heels.

WO said Rosa is working through a back injury.  No timetable for her return, which makes the interim title thing particularly strange.

I can't disagree, Britt vs. Jake Hager does sound pretty damn interesting. I'd love to see him writhing in the Lock Jaw.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I can't disagree, Britt vs. Jake Hager does sound pretty damn interesting. I'd love to see him writhing in the Lock Jaw.

If we're talking intergender dreams here, I'd love to see Hayter/Yuta or Deeb/Luther

• Like 2

Floodgates truly wide open now in terms of leaks. Baker said in the past that Omega would be brutally honest with her when asking for feedback. I imagine some people don't want or feel they need to hear such stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that Me and Tony K have different wrestling tastes. I agree with some of the questions about which talent he chooses to highlight.

Enjoyed the World Title Squash

Danny being the kid stuck between divorced parents

Penta & Fenix getting kicked in the chops after the taunts 

I was worried that Dutts pencil was going to put someones eye out

late run of shows have been a bit all over the place

Since I saw Virgil at the show last night I will post this here.

Is anyone else getting Virgil-Dibiase-Piper 1991 vibes from the Jericho-Garcia-Danielson angle?  Maybe it's just me but Garcia is the Virgil to Jericho's Dibiase with Danielson in the Piper spot. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dog said:

And the company will be bankrupt in three weeks. Got it.

They can run shows at the Autumn Springs multi-purpose room for eternity!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Since I saw Virgil at the show last night I will post this here.

Is anyone else getting Virgil-Dibiase-Piper 1991 vibes from the Jericho-Garcia-Danielson angle?  Maybe it's just me but Garcia is the Virgil to Jericho's Dibiase with Danielson in the Piper spot. 

Sorry if I missed it if you posted...but how was the show? 

I must be one of the few people that thinks the women's division is far healthier now than when Britt was champion. Now, we have a number of over women who would make a viable champion. As pumped as I was to see Shida last night, I would love to see Toni take it. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jamal said:

I must be one of the few people that thinks the women's division is far healthier now than when Britt was champion. Now, we have a number of over women who would make a viable champion. As pumped as I was to see Shida last night, I would love to see Toni take it. 

Shida is great (in every way): more TV please. You are right. Women division was barren during Britt run 

• Like 1

I think Log is on to something with his post concerning trust.  I trust AEW.  I mean… I’m not going to let Tony Khan fuck my girlfriend or anything. But I have little to no hesitation spending my time and money on 50 dollar PPVs after years of paying 9.99 a month.  

Dax Harwood is so my current WOTY that it got me off my dead ass and dropped a couple of bucks on ROH tickets.  Top to bottom the best live show I’ve ever attended in person.

If I were capable I’d do a cartwheel.

I’m not blind though.  As positive as I am about AEW.  I even had the thought when ever I’d hear some podcast interview where somebody goes on about how much love, harmony, and rock n’ roll the AEW locker room is… I’d think “Yeah, that ain’t gonna last”.  

But so fucking what.  That squash was totally awesome and memorable and a huge storyline milestone for the company.  It got applause for the tie up.  

Obviously I’m All In.  Because I trust AEW.  

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Sorry if I missed it if you posted...but how was the show? 

It wasn't bad. The people around us were very let down by the short title match. Lots of people yelling bullshit around us. The Main was a spot fest and ended with a weird back and forth between Kenny and Osprey.  Brit Baker was cheered in our section until the terrible towel came in the ring.  Also both teams in the main event were super over. Not sure how it came across on TV but the fact that people went from bullshit to satisfied is a feat in and of itself. I'l probably go to the Toronto and Buffalo shows too as I still don't think you can beat the value AEW brings. 

Hope you are doing well Infinit!!

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

I think Log is on to something with his post concerning trust.  I trust AEW.  I mean… I’m not going to let Tony Khan fuck my girlfriend or anything.

Oh really?

Screen-Shot-2017-10-24-at-12.35.59-AM-63

• Haha 8