DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Strong challenger to Cena/Brock as my favorite squash match of all time. 100% the right move.

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena from SummerSlam 2014, the late great Mr. Brodie Lee vs Cody on the 22nd August 2020 AEW Dynamite and Jon Moxley vs. CM Punk on this Dynamite are my three favourites.

• Like 2

Never would've expected Punk/Moxley to go down like that. Crazy after all the hype. There was a brief shot of Punk looking back while being helped out as Moxley celebrates through the crowd that had me wondering if a heel turn will be coming. 

Main event was absolutely spectacular. Ospreay has been the showstealer every time he's showed up in AEW and that continues here. So many amazing spots. I loved the dueling double poison ranas. Pac's rana counter to the Storm Breaker. Amazing match. Ospreay and Omega in the same ring next week will be insane. 

Fun setup for Jericho/Bryan in the opening. Billy Gunn rules. Didn't expect Thunder Rosa's injury and another interim situation. Interesting thinking back because in the Thunderstorm/Shida trios tag on Elevation last week, Thunder never ended up tagging in to the match, so her last full match would've been vs Hayter at Battle of the Belts.  KiLynn King looked good again in her brief match with Britt. Kip Sabian is BACK!

edit: forgot to mention the Motor City Machine Guns coming in! Big pop for that, unexpected but love that we'll get some of an MCMG/FTR match. even if I thought the whole Wardlow/Satnam thing would be the focus there.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, matwarz said:

The amount of people buying Punk is still injured given the first thing he did was jump off the top rope into the ring is amazing. Bravo, very clever storyline progression.

If this is all just storytelling, putting this match on free TV makes even less sense. 

• Thanks 1

Eddie Kingston had been suspended by AEW
Eddie Kingston and Sammy Guevara were supposed to compete at All Out, but that doesn't seem like it's happening.

AEW hasn't confirmed one way or another, but Eddie Kingston has been off television the last couple of weeks, with Fightful gaining word he was briefly suspended by the company. Fightful has been unable to confirm that with All Elite Wrestling, but have heard that he's already completed it. Kingston has not been present at recent All Elite Wrestling segments, and we've been told of at least one segment to build up the once-planned All Out match that was scrapped. Rumors among talent that we've heard about said that Guevara and Kingston had developed heat and it devolved into an "altercation." The word backstage was that Guevara made a comment about Kingston's physique, and Kingston took a swing at him. We've not confirmed that with anyone that witnessed it, and reached out to both parties. 

The feud is continuing, as Sammy Geuvara and Tay Melo are taking on Ortiz and Ruby Soho on Rampage.

Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp noted ahead of AEW Dynamite on Twitter that All Out changes were happening. At that time, there were no matches that were publicly set for the show that would end up on the actual card.

We haven't learned if this situation has since been rectified, or the status of the match moving forward.

Further details on the Kingston/Guevara situation.

I mean, Kingston did nothing wrong. I'm sure they'll try to sweep the Rosa stuff under the carpet but this is less easy to handwave away. Never a dull moment.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Okay, I think Voices of Wrestling definitely was good at one time, but ... where are they coming up with THIS shit?

Fa-oHKHWYAAEEoE?format=jpg&name=medium

The thing about Rosa hiding in the bathroom is the part where I mentally check out. Has anyone seen Thunder Rosa? I can't buy her hiding in the bathroom from anyone.

She's literally got in cages and fought people for real. Why would she be scared of or cowering from Jamie Hayter? Not that Jamie Hayter isn't tough or strong, but the idea of Rosa being so scared of someone she's hiding in a bathroom or some nonsense sounds absurd.

• Like 7

Voices of Wrestling aren't the most reliable. Seems liked they called the Kingston/Guevara stuff tho. I enjoy it for the memes though, particularly enjoying the Euphoria one of the girl hiding in the bathroom.

Here's the full video of the post-show back and forth. Sorry I didn't see it had been posted in bits previously. The board update is fucking with my phone.

Ospreay roasts Omega and I am an Omega fanboy of the highest order. I hate that I love Will Ospreay this much. I don't know how many dates you can bring him in over the next year but the money is in Callis turning his back on Omega for Ospreay. I get that it's kinda been done in WWE recently but this is something I think they've been setting up since Callis came in. I hope whatever happens the Bucks are heels. Please, God.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Here's the full video of the post-show back and forth. Sorry I didn't see it had been posted in bits previously. The board update is fucking with my phone.

Ospreay roasts Omega and I am an Omega fanboy of the highest order. I hate that I love Will Ospreay this much. I don't know how many dates you can bring him in over the next year but the money is in Callis turning his back on Omega for Ospreay. I get that it's kinda been done in WWE recently but this is something I think they've been setting up since Callis came in. I hope whatever happens the Bucks are heels. Please, God.

BRUV!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

I mean, Kingston did nothing wrong. I'm sure they'll try to sweep the Rosa stuff under the carpet but this is less easy to handwave away. Never a dull moment.

Well there were when people were doing more to pretend some people weren't just barely co-existing. Now? Spicy. 

14 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:
FWIW Tony Khan liked that tweet, so make of it what you will.

Lmao. CHAOTIC TONY~! is real. 

• Like 1

If you have all been worked by a storyline CM Punk injury I demand every restitution in the book, and Khan can send me the check in the mail for having nailed where AEW'd be at & what they need to do 6 months ago. Khan, get that big company-wide marquee angle rolling brother.

Edited by A_K

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

So good. Love both guys. Man is next weeks match going to rock. Do need Omega and Ospreay to now recreate the ‘Human Traffic’ bruv-off scene for BTE

Edited by matwarz
Grammar

I loved the chaotic feel of this show, even down to the production which was a bit all over the place at the beginning of the show.

Garcia felt like a kid torn between his two divorced parents, he plays the part of insecure super cocky/violent kid really well.

HOLY SHIT at Dax's chops, like holy fuck they sounded like real gunshots. Lethal was giving it back too but damn.

Always awesome to see an out of nowhere main event level squash since they're so rare (Cena/Lenar at Summerslam comes to mind) as it shows that anything can happen at at any time. Teasing a long match or possible draw by starting it mid show was a good move.

With no obvious challenger for the PPV I'm happy if they make the Ladder Match a No 1 Contender match to face Moxley the same night or just throw Moxley in there to defend against everyone because he doesn'g give AF.

• Like 4