DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

Just now, TheVileOne said:

If this was because Tony Khan realizes Interim Titles suck and are stupid, then they shouldn't have created an interim title situation in the first place. Even Excalibur couldn't make heads or tails of it.

The first interim was fine because it was quick, the world title made sense because of the prestige of the belt.

That being said, that should be it going forward.

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

If this was because Tony Khan realizes Interim Titles suck and are stupid, then they shouldn't have created an interim title situation in the first place. Even Excalibur couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Man you've been hyperbolically doomsaying whenever possible since at least when Cody left. And then the TV contunues to be good. The text is the text.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I watched Punk-Moxley and first thought "Clearly trying to getthe belt off Punk quick in case he refuses to no-show in the future or maybe is just leaving altogether" then sawall the stuff about his foot and thought "Well maybe..." then saw their medical crew reach in and pull him by the ankle out of the ring in order to "help" him and, back to number one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So if it's not a Punk rematch, who could realistically come in to face Mox for the title on short notice?

Hangman could do it but his issue is with Punk more than Mox.

Any "Forbidden Door" options if Mox puts out an open challenge?

I mean Onita is still working 

Bray Wyatt I guess. 

Fuck it, Yano

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

They booked around their highest-paid wrestler/World Champion having an injury that either was or wasn't going to be healed in time for a PPV in his hometown. And it didn't heal. They wanted to move on and certainly didn't want to have a situation with two interim titles.

After the MJF thing the AEW fanbase has become so lost in the weeds fantasizing about worked shoots and shot works and everything betwixt. Since RAW stopped being awful, sub-dirtsheet targeted-advertising-on-your-social-media gossip mills have realized "AEW Is Doomed!" articles get clicks. 

But for fucks sake people, please apply Occam's Razor. Apply his Butter Knife. Apply his Chainsaw. This is not some convoluted 4D booking chess or the result of some hyperpolitical Machiavellian backstage plot. The likeliest answer is that Punk's foot didn't heal in time for a PPV and now they're winging it. 

That is the most likely answer. And if so it’s very dumb.  Punk came back two weeks ago.  This wasn’t a months of build and damn he just couldn’t get the wheel working situation.

If he wasn’t ready to go, whats the downside to Mox remaining interim champ for another few months? They could have built a legit PPV main event around the twelve top tier wrestlers they are underutilizing and ran with Punk/Mox when the time was right

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I'm calling my shot and predict Punk hijacks the show next week and demands a rematch at All Out for the title. I don't think he's still hurt.

I'm here for it if the result is Punk get squashed in 1:30 at All Out

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I'm here for it if the result is Punk get squashed in 1:30 at All Out

90 minute broadway between Punk and Mox, you mean, right? You son of a bitch, I'm in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The entirety of the title match was legit shocking to me, and that's something you don't often experience in wrestling, so I'm here for it. I'm not going to try to figure out what comes next; we'll all see soon enough.

EDIT: Even if he is still hurt (and I'm not convinced he is), there's no way Punk ISN'T on a Chicago PPV. So fuckery/douchebaggery is still imminent.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

The entirety of the title match was legit shocking to me, and that's something you don't often experience in wrestling, so I'm here for it. I'm not going to try to figure out what comes next; we'll all see soon enough.

This.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, L_W_P said:

My only piece of criticism for Mox - Tighten up the Death Rider. It's looking more and more like a butterfly suplex rather than a brainbuster version of the double arm DDT.

Needs to be more Mick Foley/Kenta Kobashi.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

So if it's not a Punk rematch, who could realistically come in to face Mox for the title on short notice?

Hangman could do it but his issue is with Punk more than Mox.

Any "Forbidden Door" options if Mox puts out an open challenge?

Off the top of my head with little to no thought:

Brock Lesnar

Claudio

MJF

Tyrus

Kingston (if not facing Sammy?)

Hook

Samoa Joe

Tyrus

Kojima 

Great Muta

Tyrus

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Kingston missing All Out because he's on double secret probation? Interesting. 

Just saw on Twitter that VOW is reporting Eddie and Sammy got into a fistfight backstage, hence a suspension. Obviously Sammy is on Rampage this week, so it seems Eddie is being held more at fault.

• Haha 1