DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

I feel putting the Mox/Punk match as not the main worked much better with the finish than having the 30 minute trio with a main event unification match starting at 9:50. KiLynn King Rocks! Cleveland Rocks! Motor City Machine Guns Rock!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, porksweats said:

I feel putting the Mox/Punk match as not the main worked much better with the finish than having the 30 minute trio with a main event unification match starting at 9:50. KiLynn King Rocks! Cleveland Rocks! Motor City Machine Guns Rock!

I think the only knock is they gave the result away when it didn't go on last (or first).

• Like 6

1 minute ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I think the only knock is they gave the result away when it didn't go on last (or first).

See I thought because it was a 60 minute time limit unification match for the titles, it might've gone broadway. Then with the main, they get the whole "we've got the cameras running until the end of this folks!" gimmick.

• Like 6

I thought it was an entertaining show!

The World Title match starting at the top of the 9 o'clock hour made sense to me...given it's an hour time limit. That's an AEW move. Have no clue where they're going with Mox at the PPV. Would be mad not to have Punk on a PPV in Chicago.

Main event was a crazy spot fest. Lots of dope spots. I'm quickly becoming an Aussie Open fan!

Billy putting over his boy was sweet. 

Another fantastic Dax singles match! Him and Lethal had great chemistry. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

INSANE.

Brother, as great as that is, I feel like Pac's picture perfect snap Rana reversal on the storm breaker attempt was the moment of the night. Jaw dropping. Pac is the man. But so is Miro. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

I thought it was an entertaining show!

The World Title match starting at the top of the 9 o'clock hour made sense to me...given it's an hour time limit. That's an AEW move. Have no clue where they're going with Mox at the PPV. Would be mad not to have Punk on a PPV in Chicago.

Main event was a crazy spot fest. Lots of dope spots. I'm quickly becoming an Aussie Open fan!

Billy putting over his boy was sweet. 

Another fantastic Dax singles match! Him and Lethal had great chemistry. 

Yeah, count me in as a fan of Gunn Vs Son. Billy is on one helluva vets run.

• Like 3

From a story perspective I truly don’t understand what they are doing. We are getting both Punk and Omega doing back to soon gimmicks at the same time? 

If Punk isn’t actually ready to be back why bring him back at all? Save that title unification match in the back pocket for when it counts. What sense does it make to have a big question mark for the main event of your PPV 2 weeks out? 

Edited by Jrag
  • Thanks 1

I was really anticipating more people actively despising this show, even though I assumed most people wouldn't hate the main event as much as I did. 

Re: the ppv, *if* they have a plan for the title and what Moxley's doing at the ppv, I think it was pretty ballsy (and not in a good way) to end the show without even hinting at either a rematch or a new contender. Especially given their severe ratings dip lately it feels a bit like playing with fire to book so erratically so close to a big ppv. Unless Forbidden Door has given Tony the questionable but maybe long-term good idea of booking every ppv heavily around outside talent (in this case, MCMG and Monty Python's Trios Twits).

• Like 4

Perhaps Punk needs longer than they thought to heal up? Or he tweaked the injury during training during the week but told Tony he'd gut through a quick squash? Where's the Shadow when you need him?

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the second hour, but the first hour didn't do much for me. I know we talk about their bloated roster but because of that bloated roster.... I'd rather see better wrestlers every week? They are paying Miro, Black, Swerve, Lee, Darby, Sammy, Shida, Nyla, Hayter, Claudio, Kingston, Young Bucks, Omega, Page, Andrade... I could probably keep going but on a big TV event they throw on Jay Lethal vs. Dax (I know y'all love FTR but I prefer them as a tag team) and Daddy Ass vs. Ass Boy? With their roster I'd just expect a more 'complete' show in-ring for Dynamite, not every match has to have a "reason" if its entertaining. 

Sometimes I wonder if their ranking system holds them back, like they don't want to give us Miro vs. Claudio (just an example) because they don't want them to lose a ranking point. While I, as a fan, just want to see an entertaining match and don't care about their rankings.

• Like 3

Just now, Belgian_Waffle said:

I was really anticipating more people actively despising this show, even though I assumed most people wouldn't hate the main event as much as I did. 

Re: the ppv, *if* they have a plan for the title and what Moxley's doing at the ppv, I think it was pretty ballsy (and not in a good way) to end the show without even hinting at either a rematch or a new contender. Especially given their severe ratings dip lately it feels a bit like playing with fire to book so erratically so close to a big ppv. Unless Forbidden Door has given Tony the questionable but maybe long-term good idea of booking every ppv heavily around outside talent (in this case, MCMG and Monty Python's Trios Twits).

I'm not into Ospreay or Penta/Fenix so the only point of interest was Main Event Kip Sabian, we finally got payoff and I'm so excited.

• Like 2

Why are they having a FTR/Wardlaw vs. Lethal/MCMGs trios match on a show where they are crowning a trios champion in another match? 

Show tonight was fine. You can see there is a general sense of disorganization right now because of either injury or drama or both. It happens. 

• Like 6

Not sure what to make of the main event title scene. AEW All Out looks like an absolute mess. I would've held off on Jericho vs. Moxley for the pay-per-view in this case and this was the outcome. 

Like All Out is less than two weeks and they have no world title match. I mean if the plan is not to have a world title match at the event and make the trios match the main event OK. Technically, you don't have to have a world title match at every PPV. But I'm still confused about where we are going here.

My immediate thought is Punk isn't healed and he never was, and this was just a way to get the title off of him. So maybe all the backstage BS is worked. I remember reading that Punk's foot was "shattered." He probably needs another several months.

Creating interim titles is BS. Just vacate the title. This isn't UFC. 

Main event was fun, but it does feel like AEW has significantly cooled off. I just get the sense that the pressure has gotten to Tony Khan and he's starting to panic. Some of these shows feel like panic booking. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

... FIRED UP TONY KHAN! Y'ALL GOT NINE DAYS! NINE DAYS TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! NINE DAYS!

Tony books like how I studied for science exams in school.

Mom: Don’t you have a test coming up?

Me: It’s not until September 4th….

*looks at calendar *

Me: fuuuuck

• Haha 4