DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

So low key was that the best Dax singles match yet? He and Lethal were laying into one another. Will watch the commercial free in hopes of more devastating chops.

The Machine Guns will quell some complaining. I want more Satnam Singh. 

I preferred Dax vs. Cash, Dax vs. Punk and Dax vs. Jungle Boy. Lethal's never done anything for me.

• Like 1

Good or bad, AEW is really slowly becoming WCW with the booking.

Interim AEW women title match at ALL Out.

Moxley became the first two time AEW World Champ.

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Another aspect to the squash match is that it educates fans that a title match can be short and not always be 25+ minutes.

As much as it did irreparable harm to my boi Jun Akiyama, Ogawa beating him in no time with a shock flash fall for the ghc title is one of the all time ballsiest moves and keeps fans on their toes. Hiromu and Kushida a few years back did it too. As soon as they announced the trios as the main the game was... Afoot. 

• Haha 2

Just a guess as to what happens.: Next week Punk comes out and demands a rematch at All Out with the idea that he won't be humiliated in his hometown injury be damned. Then he fights through it and is in a position to win when (insert heel here but my guess would be a returning MJF) shows up and costs him the title

• Sad 1

The quote-myself-ego-stroke here being "If they are running Mox vs. Punk early then I really believe Punk is still hurt and this is a pivot."

The pre-show talent meeting was about contract tampering. If there is heat on Punk, it had nothing to do with this outcome. If anything it provides a super hot Punk/Page angle that doesn't need a title once he's healthy. Punk's not cleared-cleared, it was Mox's hometown, grabbing a ratings boost before a 30 minute workrate orgy was a smart call, and this provides a can't miss TV situation where Punk couldn't work a proper PPV main event and a contender must (dramatically) emerge. The spectre of MJF looms. We'll see.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know who they should crown as interim champion but I also know who they will crown as interim champion. The four way has a lot more potential than ThunderStorm 1v1 at least. 

I cannot watch Jay Lethal. I just tune out and go on my phone.

• Like 1

I think Danielson will bring out the best in Jericho as long as they don't try going longer than they need to. Whose side Garcia picks will probably figure into the finish.

Rosa has been long overdue to drop the belt and even though it's too bad yet another high profile roster member is injured and they're doing the interim title schtick once more it will be good to have a fresh face of the women's division. Here's hoping they don't just put the belt back on Shida or Baker.

I'm not a fan of Moxley but am still on board with the way the match went so quick. On one hand if this happened at the PPV people would bitch about being cheated out of a title match or have some other complaint so it's best to do it now, but on the other hand there's a week to build up a world title match. Did they say that the ladder match at the opening of the show would get the title shot later in the night?

MCMGs vs FTR at All Out would absolutely fuck. The trios match won't be bad, but they should just have that next week instead.

That was the first time I can recall seeing Aussie Open and they were pretty impressive. Co-signing the dogshit finish to an otherwise awesome match. Osprey/Pac is far more interesting than the aspect of Pac and Sabian.

• Like 2

I'm slightly late!  My wife wanted to watch the IT CROWD and my job is to shut up and do what she says.  Then she went to bed.  So I'm starting at 8:30!  Man, they are starting off with a lot of Sports Entertainment.  Jericho and Danielson facing off was fun.  It's Dax Harwood!  It's Jay Lethal!  Well, this should be good.  Cleveland is all about the WORKRATE!  Awesome!  They are doing a Ric Flair match.  Greatest chops EVER!  They should make this Loser Wears A Wig!  I await tomorrows INTERNATIONAL FEED.  Dax goes suplex crazy.  Lethal hits a modified BLADERUNNER and starts crushing Harwood's knee to set up a Figure Four thing into a Dax Sharpshooter counter into a LEthel Injection and counters upon counters and it;s really fucking awesome.  LETHAL CHEATS TO WIN!   By doing the TOTALLY Ric Flair thing of rolling up and grabbing the tights!  That was fucking great.  HEY!  FTR and Wardlow vs Jay Lethal and the Motor City Machine Guns!  That'll be fun.  Not quite enough to get me to shell out any money, but closer.  It's GUNN versus GUNN!  Man, Cleveland is molten.  Ethan Page should start assuming the roll of dad to the Ass Boys since he is such a great angry stepfather.  This is a great rube match- total storyline and heat, minimal wrestling.  It's a Sheik match.  I guess Billy Gunn has a thousand of these type of matches under his belt.  Billy Gunn realizes he is beating the fudge out of his own son!  His son thanks him by crushing his testicles!  That was fun.  I see that the women's title got more interesting.  Man, KiLynn King is tall!  Man, Britt Baker is laying it in!  This match is good!  Post match is fucking GREAT!  The TERRIBLE TOWEL!  So Jamie Hayter is winning the women's title.  That will be awesome.  MOX crushes CM Punk!  That was strange.  So I guess Punk wins it back at All Out when he is the babyface, I'm guessing.  GUESSING!  Lotsa of people are ON THE STICK~!  I see what this United Empire/ Death Triangle match is going to be.  I wonder if the Young Bucks put this match together as this seems like a match they would know how to handle.  This match is all WORKRATE and HIGH SPOTS!  And then PAC and Rey and Penta chop the fuck out of Will Ospreay as the Death Triangle get in touch with their rudo roots.  Ospreay is fucking INSANE off the top to the floor.  GREAT fucking assisted SUWA Dropkick to the corner.  This match takes a break and then kicks in with complete lunatic spot after spot.  Aussie Open are fucking great at making Rey and Penta look like a million (young) bucks even if their forearms are New Japan shitty.  PAC TAGS IN and he and Ospreay are MAGIC!  Rey runs the ropes to answer those who are Komander backers,  I CAN DO THAT!  Will Ospreay is fucking awesome.  PAC is fucking awesome.  Yeah, I don;t think RAW or NXT offered anything to match this.  JESUS!  AVANLANCHE BRAINBUSTER by PAC IS FUCKING GNARLY!  And we come back to Big Screen and OSPREAY IS A FUCKING FREAK.  GREAT fucking nearfalls.  KIP SABIAN!  YESSS! UNITED EMPIRE WINS!  OSPREAY versus KENNY OMEGA!   Oh that's going to fucking rule.  I would give that like nine stars.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Yeah. Whatever.

Some guy who if I understand correctly is a member of a British Wombat Club squashed some punk to become the undisputed champ?

There's at least a 50% chance that we get Storm or Hayter all strapped up next week?

Garcia is a wrestler?

Colten gets a "The Other Guy" t-shirt.

The best KiLynn in all of wrestling? Sabian kips up? Ospreay gets the snot knocked out of him?

Stiff as hell Dax singles match?

Yeah. Whatever. Nice try.

"Iron Savages" my ass.

Spoiler

I have to work during the PPV. So I am going to run with my new gimmick for another week then pretend I am not watching because I am mad about Bear Country. I'm really curious who Mox is gonna fight!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If Tony wants peak drama, leave Punk off the PPV with no explanation and close the show with the trios final.

DO IT CHAOTIC TONY! 

so All Out ends with Moxley defeating Barry Windham before Rick Steiner faces Arn Anderson and Paul E in a cage because the state athletic commission won't let Missy Hyatt wrestle?

• Haha 2