DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Log said:

Probably just got a look at the fourth-quarter financials and realized that signing Tony Nese finally bit them in the ass and they’re shutting down. 

He's a high dollar talent, THE premiere athlete 

Between all the big title drama - what I'm really excited for is how AEW will get Ten out of that Trios tournament. Uno is gone to Germany, but Ten has to go too so that Hangman can take his place, win the tournament together with Silver and Reynolds and we can all rejoice that Hangman won the title together with his new friends.

Best Friends winning would be fine too but I fear I'm setting up myself for disappointment with the Trios tournament.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

Between all the big title drama - what I'm really excited for is how AEW will get Ten out of that Trios tournament. Uno is gone to Germany, but Ten has to go too so that Hangman can take his place, win the tournament together with Silver and Reynolds and we can all rejoice that Hangman won the title together with his new friends.

Best Friends winning would be fine too but I fear I'm setting up myself for disappointment with the Trios tournament.

Black mists Ten. Partial blindness, but he tries to power through by working the semis and accidentally suffers a worked injury. Or Black mists Ten and Uno is back in time to sub in for the semis. But I think they'd want to hold Hangman off till the PPV if they're going that route instead of just inserting him into the semis. 

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

Really hope for a non screw job ending to the main.

The only thing I feel confident about is that the match will have a finish and either Mox or Punk will no longer be holding a belt after tonight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Log said:

I heard that CM Punk was mean to Hangman and Hangman was mad but also Hangman said a mean thing to Punk and punk was mad and that’s why he said the other mean thing and that MJF left and that he’s mad and CM Punk made Colt Cabana disappear and CM Punk is leaving and that Principal Skinner and Ms Crabapple were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me. 

I heard that Hangman said Punk would crack any minute purple monkey dishwasher.

Also;

Dirtsheets:
Whadaya mean the Khan's are out of money? 
Insolvent?
They only have enough money for the next 3 signings!?!

TK: I... I don't have your money. It's in Punk's house a..aaand Jericho's house!!

Eddie Kingston: What the hell is MY money doin' in YOUR house Chris?!? * URAKEN *

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Follow up on the meeting... FIRED UP TONY KHAN! Y'ALL GOT NINE DAYS! NINE DAYS TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! NINE DAYS!

UPDATE: In an update, Fightful Select has learned some details about the talent meeting.

We were told the meeting took place between 3 and 4 PM eastern, and that Tony Khan was "fired up" for it. Several topics were tackled, including working as a team, the lines of communication, and who the talent can talk to. The access to Tony Khan was also addressed, as the rumors of miscommunication and lack of access to him had emerged. Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks were said to have made it clear that their door is always open, and that they can be reached for concerns as well. Talent were briefed via email recently about several of the new coaches and talent relations promotions. 

We've also heard that the contract tampering an inquiry rumors were addressed, though we haven't learned of the context. 

We'll work to find out more from the meeting

Jericho also made it pretty clear (on twitter recently) that he'd been at least one of the persons contacted by WWE saying that a promotion was interested in reuniting Owens, Zayn, and Jericho.

Also, strong agree to Mox/Punk being something you constantly build to with minor backstage promos and vignettes n shit to keep people tuned in. Let the trios match lead off in a spotfest with a hot crowd. 

Wicked.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Fa-AD0ZX0AAumJq?format=jpg&name=large

Jon Moxley squashes CM Punk to become Undisputed AEW World Champion. 2022 is the year of Jon Moxley. Never expected a squash match. Very rare to get a squash when a world title is on the line. CM Punk not fully recovered to go properly? Punishment for Punk? What's the AEW World Championship match at AEW All Out?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Here's my thing.  So they switched the title in 3 minutes.   Whatever.  

Why do it on free TV?  You've literally got a card you're asking people pay 60 bucks to see in 10 days.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Here's my thing.  So they switched the title in 3 minutes.   Whatever.  

Why do it on free TV?  You've literally got a card you're asking people pay 60 bucks to see.  

Now no one will feel like they got screwed out of a classic title match they spent $60 for because it only went 3 minutes?

I’ll catch the show tomorrow but not the main. No one give me a 30 minute trios noise fest for secret Santo next week. That’s my personal wrestling hell.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Holy shit what is going on with this company lmao? 

Main event reminded me of Sting and Luger vs. Steiners. All timer match (despite Aussie Open's best efforts) spoiled by a dogshit angle finish. Ospreay and Pac need to do it up for 30 again but this time not in Rev Pro. Incredible chemistry. Best spotfest AEW has put on in forever and Kip fucking Sabian dampens the mood?! 

After watching that weird episode, just makes me think AEW has way too much talent not to be putting on matches like that consistently. Whatever.

Less than a week's build for your big ppv main event. Okay. 

• Like 4